• Chelsea

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's an ever-improving character. He's seen better days already.

I'm very comfortable with Song in that position, to me he usually times his tackles well, obviously sometimes he fails to do this but it's getting more and more rare.
Guess I'm being harsh then. I dunno, my heart races whenever he gets close to an opponent, most of the time for a good reason.

Just found this on Youtube. love it, thats why were champions!!

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

I will like to add i almost forgot Paulo Ferreira's bit of skill towards the end of the game haha made me laugh. And also Ramires tackle on Chamakh in the box just as he was about to shoot, just different class.

Got this from other forum..

Class of Chelsea

Things we didn't see on Teevee
Cole was predictably on the receiving end of some abuse, he responded by pointing at the gold champions badge on his sleeve. Fair enough, you give a little, you get a little. As the players trudged off for half time, Chelsea`s classlessness in their employees was elucidated by the same announcer, in announcing Liverpool`s home loss to Blackpool, he followed up the score line by inviting the home crowd to cheer the news that "AND Fernando Torres got injured!" He would not announce the Manchester City result because, in his own words, "who cares about them?" With John Terry as captain and Roman Abramovic as owner, it`s not hard to see why Chelsea find etiquette and dignity such alien concepts to exercise. Chelsea always introduce a half time guest of honour. Yesterday, it was 1995 Player of the Year Erland Johnsen." Which drew two distinct responses from the Arsenal fans, the first being, "He was here when you were s**t." The second, upon seeing the general air of ignorance from the home support was, "You`ve never seen him before." The lack of any sort of reaction from the home fans was instructive that, for large sections of the crowd, that was no exaggeration.

- Little Dutch , VitalArsenal .

Got this from other forum..

Class of Chelsea

I know the Ashley Cole thing happend because i have heard it from people who was at the game and what is wrong with that, but the stuff at half time i very very dout Neil Barnett got the fans to cheer Torres coming off injured yes maybie at the result but that happens at every ground if their rivals drop points. And for the Johnson thing i remember the lad well and ok maybe some of the fans didn't remember him and were newcomers but lets be honest their were proberly 40,000 Chelsea fans yesterday and not all of them would have been newcomers.

I know the Ashley Cole thing happend because i have heard it from people who was at the game and what is wrong with that, but the stuff at half time i very very dout Neil Barnett got the fans to cheer Torres coming off injured yes maybie at the result but that happens at every ground if their rivals drop points. And for the Johnson thing i remember the lad well and ok maybe some of the fans didn't remember him and were newcomers but lets be honest their were proberly 40,000 Chelsea fans yesterday and not all of them would have been newcomers.

Which club announces "And Torres is injured?" I just posted what i found in other forum.

Which club announces "And Torres is injured?" I just posted what i found in other forum.

Like i say i cant see that happening but i will wait to see if anything more comes out of this.

Doubt anything else will come of it, as like it says. It wasn't on TV. Nobody will know about it unless they were at the game.

If you go to the home games week in week out you'd know that the guy who does the half time announcements on the pitch (forgot his name), always tries to mug off our rivals and likes a bit of friendly banter with the opposing fans. Most of the people who sit near me don't like him very much, embaressed by him sometimes. So this is not a surprise.

As for the Torres bit, I wasn't at the game so I didn't hear it, my brother went instead of me. Probably a nothing story, I can imagine the guy saying it but the reaction was probably exaggerated.

Last edited:
If you go to the home games week in week out you'd know that the guy who does the half time announcements on the pitch (forgot his name), always tries to mug off our rivals and likes a bit of friendly banter with the opposing fans. Most of the people who sit near me don't like him very much, embaressed by him sometimes. So this is not a surprise.

As for the Torres bit, I wasn't at the game so I didn't hear it, my brother went instead of me. Probably a nothing story, I can imagine the guy saying it but the reaction was probably exaggerated.

Hes name is Neil Barnett mate, he does most of the stuff on ChelseaTV and he is proper Chels and likes to have abit of banter with the fans like you said, he seems a nice geezer.

Is it a problem that a Chelsea announcer was happy Torres got injured?

I was when I saw it happen.

Is it a problem that a Chelsea announcer was happy Torres got injured?

I was when I saw it happen.

i agree with your point because i don't think some people i.e non Chelsea supporters realise how much Chelsea actually hate Liverpool. Over recent years Liverpool have been our main rivals for many reasons and Chelsea fans have carried this further than Liverpool fans have done. I personly think these days for majority of Chelsea fans seeing Liverpool fail is better than seeing Arsenal, Utd or even Spurs failing. And ill tell you a big reason for that, Liverpool come to the Bridge parading there history which ok is fair enough and i think maybe Chelsea fans just say ok look stuff your history what the **** are you doing now and it gets abit heated because Chelsea know that their history isent as gloryfied as Liverpools.

Football brings up all sorts of rivals for all sorts of reasons like for instance 5 years ago Portsmouth couldn't give a **** about Spurs but now days they absolutely hate them with a huge passion for the Redknapp and players following him reasons.

Last edited:
Back