Chelsea vs Aston Villa FA Cup Semi Final

im not doubting that you have a MASSIVE fan base mate. 40k is good but its not your full allocation is it? if manchester united or liverpool were relegated to championship, 100% they would still not have a spare seat.

hopefully we will find out soon.
No way 76000 would turn up at Old Trafford for Championship footy every week?

im not doubting that you have a MASSIVE fan base mate. 40k is good but its not your full allocation is it? if manchester united or liverpool were relegated to championship, 100% they would still not have a spare seat.

I think it depends who you are playing.

I don't know if you had Man U in the Championship, playing a tueday night game against Peterbrough, you would get 100% attendance..

Same with liverpool.

Because that are the teams that we have to deal with. :( but not for long! :D

hopefully we will find out soon.
No way 76000 would turn up at Old Trafford for Championship footy every week?

of course they would, if you support your team, you stick by them through everything! with one of the biggest fan bases in the world, united would still get a gate of 76.000 even at championship level. i no id still go

of course they would, if you support your team, you stick by them through everything! with one of the biggest fan bases in the world, united would still get a gate of 76.000 even at championship level. i no id still go

You say that, but I bet half the United fans out there would start supporting a diferent club, well the ones that aren't from Manchester anyway.

The same would have to be said for Liverpool and Chelsea aswell tho.

you would go and I would go but all the corporates wouldn't and people would pick and chose their games just like at Newcastle this season.
23 games is a lot and there are loads of midweek games etc.

I mean Villa are a big club and they didn't sell out at The Bridge 2 weeks ago and they were going for 4th at the time!

there are a lot of glory hunters who would go off and support someone else like man city or chelsea but there is also a **** of a lot more fans who wouldnt and would stick by the club

there are a lot of glory hunters who would go off and support someone else like man city or chelsea but there is also a **** of a lot more fans who wouldnt and would stick by the club

I don't believe people change the team they support do they?
I meant that people just don't go as much and therefore attendances go down...

I don't believe people change the team they support do they?
I meant that people just don't go as much and therefore attendances go down...

Alot of people change who they support, but normally, they are not football fans, but just say they support someone when asked, and normally just support the team that is winning the league or doing the best in europe.

trust me, they do. living where i do, you get a lot of people following london clubs. certain people i know one year supported west ham (they got relegated) so they started to follow chelsea. a very good mate of mine cant make up his mind, one week he wears a arsenal shirt to football training, the next he wears a chelsea strip.

Alot of people change who they support, but normally, they are not football fans, but just say they support someone when asked, and normally just support the team that is winning the league or doing the best in europe.

But these people don't turn up ever do they.
Therefore it doesn't matter who they support.

i mean for example, charlton when in the premier league had a good size crowd every week. now in league one, they dont get many more than 10k, where are all them others gone?

But these people don't turn up ever do they.
Therefore it doesn't matter who they support.

Where I have my season ticket, the people around me are just people paying on match day, I can say, around 75% of the games this season, the person behind me has had no clue on the players or what's going on.

so I can confidently say, yes.

Where I have my season ticket, the people around me are just people paying on match day, I can say, around 75% of the games this season, the person behind me has had no clue on the players or what's going on.

likewise with me, where my season ticket seat is at Old Trafford, very very rare for the same person to be sitting next me (although they usually do know the songs, who is who etc) apart from the **** that was at the manchester city game (league game beginning of the season) asked me if ronaldo was injuried :S lol

Well we get quite a few tourists down The Bridge but they are always head to toe in the gear from the megastore.
I thought it was just a London thing.
I thought crowds and people going were more stable at Newcastle etc

Congrats on going up by the way!!

Well we get quite a few tourists down The Bridge but they are always head to toe in the gear from the megastore.
I thought it was just a London thing.
I thought crowds and people going were more stable at Newcastle etc

Congrats on going up by the way!!

Cheers :p

I think with any 'big' club, you will find people that go to football for 'something to get away from the wife for' or just for something to do on a Sat some time, or people on day trips to the city, decide that football is a bit part of the city, aka newcastle, and decide to go to a game.