Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Blackburn Rovers Win

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Venue: Stamford Bridge - Fulham - South West London
When: 15th January 2011, kickoff 15:00 (gods given time for football)
Competition: Barclays Premier League

Chelsea Team News:
Following his eye-catching performance against Ipswich Town, Daniel Sturridge now has eight goals in ten starts over all competitions since moving south. He has only scored once when coming off the bench - in the 7-0 win over Stoke. It is no secret that his preferred role is in the centre rather than wide forward, but Didier Drogba, rested for that FA Cup encounter (along with Ashley Cole, Paulo Ferriera, Florent Malouda and Michael Essien), will be chomping at the bit to play again.

Sturridge and Frank Lampard notched braces for the first time in a year and eight months respectively. It was great to see how the experienced Chelsea no.8 talked young Josh McEachran through the first half of the match in the anchor role, setting the youngster up for an exemplary second period playing further up the pitch. Last weekend's FA Cup threshing of the Tractor Boys also brought Nicolas Anelka's first goal in any tournament since November. His last league goal came that same month - at Blackburn. In fact, over his career Anelka has netted a remarkable 11 times against Rovers.

With his sharp follow-up past Marton Fulop, Salomon Kalou became only the 36th player in Chelsea's 106-year history to score 50 goals for the club. He joins Tore Andre Flo on that figure.

Blackburn Rovers Team News:
Evidence suggests that Blackburn's temporary management team has digressed from Big Sam's conservative 4-5-1 formation, with a more attacking 4-4-2, including two-goal Benjani Mwaruwari and Mame Biram Diouf paired upfront, especially effective in the win over Liverpool. The same set-up with slightly different personnel brought FA Cup victory over QPR.

This game is likely to come too soon for injured former England keeper Paul Robinson who, despite conceding five here last season, made several excellent saves. Mark Bunn is likely to continue deputising. It might also be too early for Friday loan signing Roque Santa Cruz to be involved. With Brett Emerton away at the Asia Cup, Kean will look to Morten Gamst Pedersen and David Dunn for midfield tenacity, and for dangerous crosses and corners from widemen Martin Olsson and pacy young Canadian David Hoilett.

Another youth product, the impressive defender/midfielder Phil Jones, is out for the season with ligament damage. Blackburn have conceded two-and-half times as many goals after the break as before it. A somewhat ageing quartet of Michel Salgado, Christopher Samba, Ryan Nelsen and Gaël Givet usually comprises Rovers' back four.

Chelsea Stats and Milestones:
  • Ancelotti's side have won two, drawn four and lost five of our last 11 league games.
  • Chelsea's home record in the league this season is seven wins against West Brom, Stoke, Blackpool, Arsenal, Wolves, Fulham and Bolton, two draws with Everton and Aston Villa and a defeat to Sunderland.
  • The Blues have fallen behind in eight of their last 12 league games and only came back to win on one occasion - at Ewood Park against Blackburn in October.
  • No club has conceded fewer goals at home than Chelsea's seven in the Barclays Premier League this term.
  • Nicolas Anelka has scored more goals in his career against Blackburn than any other team - 11
  • Nicolas Anelka is due to make his 150th appearance in a blue shirt.
  • If selected, Jose Bosingwa will make his 50th Premier League start.
  • Congratulations to Paulo Ferreira who celebrates his 32nd birthday on Tuesday.
Blackburn Rovers Stats and Milestones:
  • Rovers have won 10 Barclays Premier League points from a possible 33 on the road. They have won at Blackpool, Newcastle and West Brom, drawn with Man City and lost at Birmingham, Stoke, Liverpool, Tottenham, Man Utd, Bolton and Sunderland.
  • No club has conceded more away goals in the Premier League than Blackburn - 25.
  • Rovers have conceded 25 of their 35 league goals in the second half this season - more than any other club in that period.
  • Blackburn have yet to keep a clean sheet away from home in 12 league and cup matches this term.
  • Blackburn have lost all eight league games when their opposition have scored first and they are the only team not to win any points from a losing position in the top flight this season.
Key Stat:
  • Craig Bellamy was the last Blackburn player to score at Stamford Bridge, over five years ago. Chelsea have scored 12 goals in 406 minutes without reply since then.
Head to Head:
Chelsea's Premier League record against Blackburn at Stamford Bridge is:
1992/93 Drew 0-0
1993/94 Rovers won 2-1
1994/95 Rovers won 2-1
1995/96 Rovers won 3-2
1996/97 Drew 1-1
1997/98 Rovers won 1-0 !!!!!!(WAS MY FIRST GAME IF ANYONE IS INTRESTED)!!!!!!!
1998/99 Drew 1-1
2001/02 Drew 0-0
2002/03 Rovers won 2-1
2003/04 Drew 2-2
2004/05 Chelsea won 4-0
2005/06 Chelsea won 4-2
2006/07 Chelsea won 3-0
2007/08 Drew 0-0
2008/09 Chelsea won 2-0
2009/10 Chelsea won 5-0

Chelsea v Blackburn in all competitions
Games played 109
Chelsea wins 45
Rovers wins 35
Draws 29

Head to head in the League at Stamford Bridge
Games played 49
Chelsea wins 25
Rovers wins 12
Draws 12

Biggest league win at Stamford Bridge for each team
Chelsea 5-0 Blackburn - 24/10/2009
Chelsea 1-6 Blackburn - 29/03/1913

Days Since?:
Chelsea won the Premier League: 251
Blackburn last scored a goal at Stamford Bridge: 1,904
Arsenal won a trophy: 2,065
Liverpool won a trophy: 1,708

Last edited:
whats the bottom bit about mate lol

i think it will be 1-1 lampard and santa cruz

whats the bottom bit about mate lol

i think it will be 1-1 lampard and santa cruz

Its off the Chelsea website lol, i don't want anyone to take offense to it honesly. If people don't like i will quite happily remove that bit.

Think we will win 2-0, its time we stood up and turned in a performance, btw I love the last bit ;)

Chelsea 3 - 1 Blackburn

Off the back of their thrashing of Ipswich.

Its off the Chelsea website lol, i don't want anyone to take offense to it honesly. If people don't like i will quite happily remove that bit.

Nah mate its cool it just banter between rivals.

Quite Funny as i have always wanted to know how many days ago we won a trophy XD

Be about 4 nil to Chelsea.......... Oh Sam got sacked? 2-1 Chelsea then. Lampard (scores every time), Sturridge and Samba with the reply.

Chelsea 7-0; Drogba x3, Lamaprd x1, Terry x1, Anelka x2

I just want to point this out that quite a while ago i said Sturridge should start more games and i said his goal to start ratio was pretty good for Chelsea. And as the first line says 8 goals in 10 starts for Chelsea and he has only scored 1 coming off the bench. i don't like to be proven right but you know lol :p

Had tickets for this game but can't go now as I have to go view a house with the family we are looking to buy so sold the tickets to my uncle :(

Chelsea 3-1 Rovers

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

I like this bit

HISTORY IS AN EXCUSE FOR LACK OF CURRENT SUCCESS''

Or could it be that a club has no history to talk about?

Will Drogba be playing, hope so he is my Telegraph Dream Team

Chelsea 3-1 Rovers

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

I like this bit

HISTORY IS AN EXCUSE FOR LACK OF CURRENT SUCCESS''

Or could it be that a club has no history to talk about?

Will Drogba be playing, hope so he is my Telegraph Dream Team

Every club has history, its just somthing to counter Liverpool fans thats all.

If i was in charge i wouldnt start Drogba but im sure he will start tomorrow yes.

Can't see anything other than a Chelsea win

Chelsea 2-0 Blackburn

Drogba, Malouda

Why do Chelsea fans have issues with Liverpool, it's not like they have won anything in the past, I can hear them now singing where were you in Istanbul?

I would agree with you on Drogba, who would play in his place? Is this on TV?

Why do Chelsea fans have issues with Liverpool, it's not like they have won anything in the past, I can hear them now singing where were you in Istanbul?

I would agree with you on Drogba, who would play in his place? Is this on TV?

I said the other day in another thread, Chelsea fans genuinly don't like scoucers and the Benitez vs Mourinho battles made the hatred stronger.

The game isent live on TV mate and i want Chelsea to start with Malouda, Anelka and Sturridge upfront.

Chelsea 3-1 Blackburn

Abramovich has told Ancelotti he's "unhappy, and wants results to improve". Might be the jolt they need.

Did any one else see this on Corrie?

picture.php