Chelsea vs Manchester United - 1/3/2011

Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you will find on about page 4?? I was having a convo with a Utd fan (can remember who sorry) and i said you will miss Anderson so much because you will need someone to keep up with Ramires.
it was sunilvk7. and its true, this was a game for him

I'll admit that they were good in the second half and Our midfield was poor. But you can't argue that Luiz shouln't have been on the pitch or that the pen shouldn't have been given, what's Smailling meant to do disappear? He couldn't of got out of the way.
we ripped u apart in the first half

when has appealing ever changed a refs mind? given the wigan game, pretty sure it was down to being mindful of refs. still a dodgy peno

There is no player in the world that wont appeal a decision he thinks is wrong. Yes it was soft but soft or not Smalling makes contact with Zhirkov in the box.

Shut up! I admit Luiz should have been sent off fair enough. How an earth did Ivanovic foul Nani in the corner?! It's called strength and staying on your feet, something which Nani needs to learn if he's going to be a world class player! Penalty was 100% a foul, and should have had a goal from Torres when Luiz was penalized.

Good to know, next time I stand still in my penalty area when playing football, I'll feel bad because I might give away a penalty. Smalling was static.. not moving and Zhirkov (quite theatrically) flew over when he made contact by bumping into him.

There is no player in the world that wont appeal a decision he thinks is wrong. Yes it was soft but soft or not Smalling makes contact with Zhirkov in the box.
wrong, seen it plenty of times, not every player does it. and again mindful of the wigan game

I'll admit that they were good in the second half and Our midfield was poor. But you can't argue that Luiz shouln't have been on the pitch or that the pen shouldn't have been given, what's Smailling meant to do disappear? He couldn't of got out of the way.

Arguing the point is now worthless, we are all arguing against brick walls, Chelsea fans wont admit that a draw was fair and the penalty was dodgy and to a certain degree we are slightly biased and running high on emotion due to the decisions that have influenced the result.

Im over this arguing and look forward to the liverpool game

Peace out

we are all happy because we collectivly feel that a bad decision by the ref today is a kind of poetic justice for the countless times it has gone the other way, In our blatantly biased eyes.

I do think sundays game should be a good one, might be even more interesting as we both have a lot of our first choice back four missing.

You are right about this:D

Chelsea fans are celebrating like they've won the league xD... I am not even sure if you guys will go to CL next year :p. Still, gooda game. 2 amazing goals , Rooney and D.Luiz

Why shouldnt we celebrate?? We just beat the side who are top of the league and we have had a poor season. Its a massive result for Chelsea.

I remember Robbie fowler once admitting to the ref it shouldnt of been a penalty after the ref had given it against arsenal many years ago.

wrong, seen it plenty of times, not every player does it. and again mindful of the wigan game

Most players will and even if the player who comitts the foul dont then someone else will and there was hardly no Utd players moaning about it at all.

Why shouldnt we celebrate?? We just beat the side who are top of the league and we have had a poor season. Its a massive result for Chelsea.

It's like Chelsea are actually admitting they suck.
"OMG WE BEAT THE TEAM THAT ARE TOP WE ARE COOL.
;)

Most players will and even if the player who comitts the foul dont then someone else will and there was hardly no Utd players moaning about it at all.
again, mindful of the wigan match.

David Luiz is a good player but he's way too rash.
Gave away a penalty in his first game. Today, quite a lot of our best play came from him rushing out of defense and getting beaten. He was leaving tons of space. He should have really been sent off as well.
Thats just my opinion, he's easy on the eye but he's got to improve that part of his game.

I'm gutted about the game.

Man United manager Sir Alex Ferguson on Chelsea's David Luiz: "He's done Chicarito before he got booked, and he did Rooney two minutes before the penalty was awarded, I don't know how he was still on the pitch. The players have endured a lot of decisions against them and they didn't deserve that tonight. Chelsea aren't out of the title race if they keep getting decisions like that."

I think what he said its has a bit of true.If MAN UTD won't get referee decisions they won't win premier league :)

All I can say really is congratulations to Chelsea. Let them revel in celebrations. I for one will not stop them from doing it. They deserve every last bit of it. They fought and fought and fought, and their effort paid off.

Of course there are some questionable decisions, but at the end of the day really, the better team won in terms of the second half display. I am obviously disgruntled, but we have to move on and not dwell on it.

meh.

Reading > Manchester and Chelsea.

United got Pwned!!

Status
Not open for further replies.