Status
Not open for further replies.

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Venue: Stamford Bridge - Fulham - London
When: 1/3/2011, kickoff at 19:45. Live on SkySports
Competition: Barclays Premier League

Chelsea Team News:
Against Everton and Copenhagen Chelsea played 4-4-2 with wide players Ramires and Malouda actually more often than not tucked in to the central area. If the same system is used in midfield against a Manchester United side deployed in a 4-5-1 system, the London Mayor may care to revise his decision to remove west London from the congestion zone.

Carlo Ancelotti may decide to change his shape with more personnel available notably impressive newcomer David Luíz in defence. But equally he may retain the winning formula, despite the fact that FCK did have several shots on goal. After two successive blanks in the league, the Blues will be eager to strike an early blow in this high-profile match-up. The Italian manager, though, will be aware his team need to attack United with vastly more pace than Wigan and Marseille attempted.

Fernando Torres has shown recent signs of a potential return to form but will be eager to open his Stamford Bridge account.

Then there is Didier Drogba and/or Nicolas Anelka versus Jonny Evans or Chris Smalling (Rio Ferdinand is ruled out). It is often a meeting settled by big personalities: Drogba and skipper John Terry scored Chelsea's two winners in last season's league encounters.

Manchester United Team News:
Despite their successful season, United's midfield has occasionally lacked in style this campaign, but this has been more than matched by a steely drive and determination that has seen them lose just once this season. While Rooney has yet to hit his best form, the likes of Nani, Berbatov and Hernandez have flourished, with the Rafael and Smalling turning their potential into performances of real abiliity, while the evergreen Scholes the focus of the Red Devils' dynamism and incisiveness.

They come into the game off the back of a fairly even but ultimately comfortable 4-0 performance at the DW Stadium, with the side clicking into gear in the second half with some incisive passing.

Defensively, Vidic has been imperious and Smalling has shown himself to be a more than able deputy for Rio Ferdinand, playing with a confidence and composure that is in contrast to his lack of experience.

Much has been made of United's away form, though it should be noted that they have picked up more points on their travels that their opponents and remain very tough to beat, with one one defeat, though they will be looking to build on the DW victory and turn more of those draw into wins

Chelsea Stats and Milestones:
  • Gael Kakuta, in the away game at Aston Villa, is the only Chelsea player to start a Premier League match this season who was not a full international.
  • The Blues are looking for their first victory at Stamford Bridge since 15 January.
  • Chelsea have lost seven games in the Barclays Premier League this term which is the most since we lost the same number in 2003/04 when we finished runners-up to Arsenal. Their opposition opened the scoring on each of those seven matches.
  • Chelsea have the fifth best home record in the league this season with 26 points out of a possible 36 with eight wins against West Brom, Stoke, Blackpool, Arsenal, Wolves, Fulham, Bolton and Blackburn, two draws with Everton and Aston Villa and two defeats to Sunderland and Liverpool.
  • Chelsea have won two of the last seven games at Stamford Bridge against Premier League teams.
  • Chelsea have not lost a league game this season when opening the scoring.
  • Chelsea have the best defensive record, conceding 22 goals in 26 games, in the Premier League this term and the third best attacking record, scoring 46 - more than Man City and Tottenham.
  • Salomon Kalou'd next appearance from the bench will equal Joe Cole's club record of 93 substitute appearances for the Blues.
  • Happy birthday to Josh McEachran who is 18 tomorrow (Tuesday).
Manchester United Stats and Milestones:
  • Since Chelsea won at Old Trafford in April, United have been defeated in just one Barclays Premier League game at Wolves last month in 32 matches. The Red Devils have lost two in 47 matches in all competitions.
  • The Red Devils have the fourth best away record in the division with 20 points from a possible 39. They have won at Stoke, West Brom, Blackpool and Wigan, drawn with Fulham, Everton, Bolton, Sunderland, Man City, Aston Villa, Birmingham and Tottenham and lost at Wolves.
  • Man United have the best attacking record in the top flight scoring 61 goals, three more than Arsenal..
  • The Wigan match was United's first clean sheet in five league outings.
  • United are one of seven clubs to have appeared in every season in the Premier League.
Head to Head:
Chelsea's Premier League record at Stamford Bridge against Man United is:
1992/93 Drew 1-1
1993/94 Chelsea won 1-0
1994/95 Man Utd won 3-2
1995/96 Man Utd won 4-1
1996/97 Drew 1-1
1997/98 Man Utd won 1-0
1998/99 Drew 0-0
1999/00 Chelsea won 5-0
2000/01 Drew 1-1
2001/02 Man Utd won 3-0
2002/03 Drew 2-2
2003/04 Chelsea won 1-0
2004/05 Chelsea won 1-0
2005/06 Chelsea won 3-0
2006/07 Drew 0-0
2007/08 Chelsea won 2-1
2008/09 Drew 1-1
2009/10 Chelsea won 1-0

Chelsea v Manchester United in all competitions:
Games played 157
Chelsea wins 43
United wins 67
Draws 47

Head to head in the League at Stamford Bridge:
Games played 68
Chelsea wins 21
United wins 29
Draws 18

Biggest league win at Stamford Bridge for each team:
Chelsea 5-0 Man Utd - 03/10/1999
Chelsea 0-4 Man Utd - 29/11/1947

Last Season's fixture:
http://ilprimovideo.blogspot.com/2009/11/chelsea-1-0-manchester-united-strong-at.html

Days Since:
Chelsea lost to United at Stamford Bridge: 3,237
Man United lost a Premier League game in London: 437
Arsenal won a trophy: 2,110
Liverpool won a trophy: 1,744

My take on the game?:
Im not sure what Ancelotti will do in regards to the tactics, does he stick with the flat 4-4-2 or used the tried and tested 4-3-3 or even somthing else? Will he go with one or two of Torres, Drogba or Anelka?? I think he may keep the flat 4-2-2 and stick with Torres and Anelka upfront leaving Drogba on the bench again, using the old motto "if its not broke don't fix it".

Although Utd havent been flattering away from home they seem to grind out draws and Fergie would love to take a point back to Manchester but i dont think that helps Chelsea.

If we go with a side that lines up somthing like Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Luiz, Cole, Essien, Lampard, Ramires, Malouda, Anelka and Torres then i can see us winning the game. The game for me will be a usual Chelsea - Utd tie, very tight and i think it will be decided by one goal.

So for me im going for a 1-0 Chelsea win and Fernando Torres to score the goal. Chelsea need the win more than Utd and a defeat for Chelsea would be more damaging than a defeat for Utd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Want Chelsea to win, can't see it though.

Chelsea 1-2 United.

I'm hoping Chelsea get a draw at the least. Need them to take points away from United to allow us to close the gap. A win for Chelsea would mean we could cut the gap to just a point if we win against Sunderland next week, would also put the Yids out of the Champions League spots.

Let's see if an old rivalry gets Nando going! Hoping for a good match, let's see if it lives up to expectations.

A draw, 1-1 fletcher and lampard after ricochet

Its about time do your lot at Stanford Bridge so i'm going for a 1-0 with Hernandez to grap the goal after coming on for Rooney after another dissapointing display. Make no mistake about, this will be a very tough game regardless of Chelsea's recent form but hopefully we'll have enough to see us over the line. I think if we can come out of this next 7 days (Chelsea away then Liverpool away) without to many scars then I think we'll go on a left the title in May.

I hope ManU win both games against chelsea....just because i want them to stay outside the top 4 :D

gonna keep saying it till it happends ;)
Chelsea 3 - 0 Man Utd - Torres Hat-Trick.

I like how your OP is so bias towards Chelsea and only finding faults with the Man Utd players, as much as i hate united Chelsea have been **** lately and i think it will continue 2-0 to utd hernandez and nani to score

Fernando Torres has shown fantastic movement but will be eager to open his Stamford Bridge account. He usually enjoys himself against their next opponents, especially defender Nemanja Vidic.

Thats non sense. He had better of Vidic only in 4-1 Victory. After that Vidic delt with Torres very well. I know you cannot see that anymore Vidic was sent off at Anfield when he fouled Gerrard and Vidic was teh last man.And what a load of biased OP. How you fail to mention your midfield getting owned up by Scholes and Carrick in community shield.

Manchester United Team News:
Despite their successful season, United's midfield has lacked style and substance this campaign,

We dont lack style at home. It is only away and substance is there for all to see.

The performance at the DW Stadium was nothing like as impressive as the 4-0 scoreline suggests. Nani is the one player of out-and-out flair in the team, and he ranged down the left on Saturday.

Our second half performance was very good. I bet you haven't watched the game.

Javier Hernandez continuing his prolific scoring record with yet another close-range tap-in and a successfully completed one-on-one.

Tap in but failed to mention his off the ball movement which you were going on about El Sissy.

Defensively, Vidic has been imperious and Smalling who scored a memorable own goal at Stamford Bridge two Christmases back was impressive under surprisingly minimal pressure at the Stade Velodrome. He was only occasionally under pressure at Wigan, who squandered several good openings despite a feeble Latics spearhead.

Again wrongs Smalling was tested in the first half and he delt with everything so well.

I like your effort in creating match day threads, but try to be unbiased in OP atleast. All you have done is praise Chelsea which they are not worth this season and pointed out at the mistakes of United and took cheap shots.

Last edited:
Like sunilvik7 I find your OP very biased.
You wax lyrical on how Man U has been awful and you make it seem as if Chelsea have been good. Ludacris.

Fernando Torres has shown fantastic movement but will be eager to open his Stamford Bridge account.

No he hasn't and he has been prolifically bad..

United's midfield has lacked style and substance this campaign, Nani and Paul Scholes apart. Michael Carrick and Darren Fletcher have often looked pedestrian, often playing far too deep,

Fletchers role is normally a deep one and this season our midfield have orchestrated many many moves

The performance at the DW Stadium was nothing like as impressive as the 4-0 scoreline suggests.

If you watched it you would see it was actually quite good especially second half.

avier Hernandez continuing his prolific scoring record with yet another close-range tap-in

Don't act as he's Darren Bent, his off the ball movement is great and so is his running.

These are just some of the incredibly biased statements. If you wanna make a match day thread fine but at least make it unbiased...

I really hope chelsea can pull off a miracle and silence these man u fans on here, but I am not stupid I think the odds a strongly against us and we will have to play better than we ever have to beat them.

Hoping for a Chelsea win, so that Arsenal takes the title and City gets the 5th place.

The reward for most biased OP goes to ...

I heard its 7 years since we last won here and think Rooney said he has never won here either.

Hope Hernandez starts again as Chelsea have never played against him really other then Community Shield. Go for a 1-0 win with Hernandez scoring a goal around the 80 min mark.

The OP does seem biased towards Chelsea but I don't see why people are making a big deal out of it, especially when some of the people complaining can be incredibly biased themselves.

Regarding the game, it will be a very tight affair as usual. I don't know why but I can see Hernandez scoring against us. Our motives don't change much if we win or lose the game, United have a lot more to lose. No doubt if Rooney does score there will be people complaining that he should've been banned for this.

Hopefully Chelsea line up 4-3-3 with Ivanovic moved to right back and Luiz coming back in the centre. Would also like a front three of Anelka - Torres - Malouda, hopefully Drogba can make the same sort of impact he did when he came on at OT last year, thats if the result isn't going so well.

My prediction, 1-1 draw?

Lampard
Hernandez

OP is definitely biased, maybe have to do a slight edit lol

1-1 draw

United have been very average in the centre of the park, Carrick use woeful on defence and positioning and Fletcher has been very average, missing Anderson, he offers alot of energy and go forward for United in the centre...

Rooney's new role (I have said for years) is hopefully going to be in the midfield... free roaming wherever he pleases with Berbatov and Hernandez upfront :)

I am going to call it a 1:1 dont think its going to get off the ground unfortunately :(

I am hoping for a 2:1 win of course, United were average against Wigan and did not really deserve to win by 4 goals, Rooney looked incrediblt dispondent! was infurriating!

I hope it will spark up and be a great game, however, all the so called Big Games have been a flop since the 4:3 victory over City last year.....

Was going to do this tonight without copy and pasting but it's been done now.

Can see us getting a win. Chelsea still don't look comfortable and back to form so I can see a win or a draw. Defence has been solid for us so I can't really see us losing unless someone makes a mistake.

Chelsea 0-1 Manchester United - Nani

Status
Not open for further replies.