Chelsea vs Manchester United (19/12/ 2010 Sunday)

Winners

• Chelsea wins

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Man Utd wins

Votes: 34 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wii

Reaction score
CHELSEA V MAN UNITED

630.png
V
680n.png

19 December 2010 16:00:00 GMT
Stamford Bridge — London

INFO
Competition: Premier League
Date: 19 December
Game Week: 18
Kick Off: 16:00:00 GMT
Venue: Stamford Bridge - London

ADDITIONAL INFO
Referee:
M. Atkinson

Assistants:
P. Kirkup & M. Mullarkey

Fourth official:
P. Walton

INJURIES
Chelsea: Alex. Benayoun. Y. Zhirkov. Jose Bosingwa.
Man Utd: O. Hargreaves. M. Owen. L. Valencia. P. Scholes. J. Evans

Game News

Chelsea have now won 50 points in the Premier League against Manchester United, more than any other side.
Sir Alex Ferguson has won only one and lost five (excluding Community Shield) of his six meetings with Carlo Ancelotti

Before the arrival of Roman Abranovich, United won four and lost only two of 11 visits to Stamford Bridge, but since the Russian’s takeover, they’ve won none, lost five and scored just two goals in the seven meetings in London.
Didier Drogba has only scored one goal in nine Premier League games against Man Utd.
There has been an average of seven cards shown in the last four Premier League games between Man Utd and Chelsea at Stamford Bridge with a low of six (2009-10) and a high of eight (2008-09).
Chelsea have already dropped five points at home in the Premier League this season; as many as in the whole of last season.
United are unbeaten in their last 12 Premier League away games, but have drawn six of the last seven.
Chelsea haven’t gone three home games without a victory since December 2008.
The Blues have only failed to score in one of their last 29 Premier League games at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea have the best home defence in the Premier League conceding just four goals, but those all came in their last two games at Stamford Bridge.

Head To Head

8 Aug 2010 Chelsea 1 - Manchester United 3 - FA Community Shield ‎(FAC)‎
3 Apr 2010 Manchester United 1 - Chelsea 2 - English Premier League (EPL)
8 Nov 2009 Chelsea 1 - Manchester United 0 - English Premier League (EPL)
9 Aug 2009 Chelsea 6 - Manchester United 3 - FA Community Shield ‎(FAC)‎
11 Jan 2009 Manchester United 3 - Chelsea 0 - English Premier League (EPL)

Latest Five Matches

CHELSEA

12 Dec 2010 Tottenham 1 - Chelsea 1
8 Dec 2010 Olympique de Marseille 1 - Chelsea 0
4 Dec 2010 Chelsea 1 - Everton 1
28 Nov 2010 Newcastle United 1 - Chelsea 1
23 Nov 2010 Chelsea 2 - MSK Zilina 1

MAN UTD

13 Dec 2010 Manchester United 1 - Arsenal 0
7 Dec 2010 Manchester United 1 - Valencia 1
30 Nov 2010 West Ham United 4 - Manchester United 0
27 Nov 2010 Manchester United 7 - Blackburn Rovers 1
24 Nov 2010 Rangers 0 - Manchester United 1

NOW PREDICT THE SCORE!
(
My Predictions Chelsea 2-1 Man Utd)

Last edited:
Could've made the OP a bit neater but it's got the information in it nonetheless..

Chelsea's performance against Spurs on Sunday was certainly much better than it has been in recent weeks and with Lampard back now too, they will be much stronger than they have been recently.

United on the other hand have been in good form, still unbeaten in the league and just beat one of our main title rivals at home to go top of the league with a game in hand.

The fact the game is at Stamford Bridge is a big factor for this game, and although I can see Manchester United winning, I can't see Chelsea losing. Therefore going to say;

Chelsea 1-1 Manchester United - Drogba / Rooney

Chelsea 2-2 Man United.

Drogba2
Vidic
Berbatov

I think ManU will win it. Seeing recent form of both teams...

You think you'll keep a clean sheet with the form you've been in recently?

Interesting..

well bad form ends at some point and we played well v spurs so why not ?? We have done so against utd many times before

2-1 Chelsea. Looked better last week and having home advantage, I can see them just scraping it.

Drogba ''21
Ivanovic ''59
Nani ''73

United then batter Chelsea for 10 minutes but they hold out. Terry with a last ditch challenge on Rooney in the 83rd minute.

Last edited:
well bad form ends at some point and we played well v spurs so why not ?? We have done so against utd many times before

You have done before but you've never been in one of these droughts against us. Last time you were we beat you 3-0 (one of Scolari's last games)..

If any team looks likely to keep a clean sheet on Sunday, I'd say it would be us.

You have done before but you've never been in one of these droughts against us. Last time you were we beat you 3-0 (one of Scolari's last games)..

If any team looks likely to keep a clean sheet on Sunday, I'd say it would be us.

yes but if Your remember the players were not happy under Scolari and also that game was at old trafford

Chelsea 1 - 2 Man Utd
Malouda - Rooney, Nani

Chelsea 4-3 Man United

I think we will finally win, and none better than at a high-scoring rivals match. Drogba twice, Lampard, and McEachran for the Super Blues. Nani twice, and Berbatov for United

yes but if Your remember the players were not happy under Scolari and also that game was at old trafford

The players don't seem to be in the best of moods under Ancelotti at the moment either.. That's why I predicted a draw not a win for United. I can't see you winning or losing, but if someone does lose I think it's more likely to be you than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.