Chelsea vs Manchester United (19/12/ 2010 Sunday)

Winners

• Chelsea wins

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Man Utd wins

Votes: 34 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
performance was miles better last week and not many teams will go to Spurs and have most of the game and the better chances. With Lamps back in the side and Didier scoring from open play i am pretty confident of a win. Not to mention we are usualy very good against Man Utd as the OP says we are the team to have accumilated the most points against them in the PL which is a sensational achievement.

Last years games were very tight especially the one at the Bridge and i think the lads willingness to get back to winning ways at Stamford Bridge may be too much for Utd to handle. Im going to predict a 1-0 win with Drogba getting the goal.

And for the comment early on in this thread about our defence, i urge you to look at the table and tell me what team boasts the best defensive record in the PL at the moment?

Yeah your defence has been solid for the majority of the season but in recent weeks your defence has looked shaky and coming up against the team with the most amount of goals in the league they may continue to struggle. BTW the most important thing to look at on the table is the amount of points :p

Lets hope we can pull off the win at the Bridge, we are on the up after our run of bad form and nothing will be better for us right now than Beating Man Utd

Fair enough. Who has the best goal difference though?

Currently its Utd, but we lost alot of our goal threats in recent months and i fully expect us to start hitting the net again now.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Yeah your defence has been solid for the majority of the season but in recent weeks your defence has looked shaky and coming up against the team with the most amount of goals in the league they may continue to struggle. BTW the most important thing to look at on the table is the amount of points :p

Since Terry has come back our defence has been absolutely solid mate.

performance was miles better last week and not many teams will go to Spurs and have most of the game and the better chances.
Hold on, are you trying to say you had the better chances in that totty game? Are you having a laugh? Anyway I wont go too far offtopic but I will say this, I strongly disagree.

Hold on, are you trying to say you had the better chances in that totty game? Are you having a laugh? Anyway I wont go too far offtopic but I will say this, I strongly disagree.

How could you not??? Spurs hit the target once which was the goal. i think that says it all.

I am going to go for a 1-1 draw, with United taking the lead through Berba... and Chelsea hitting back in the 2nd half through Malouda.

one thing that is crystal clear, a draw is an excellent result for Utd but not for Chelsea. Chelsea have to win this game and they know this and should be up for this game.

one thing that is crystal clear, a draw is an excellent result for Utd but not for Chelsea. Chelsea have to win this game and they know this and should be up for this game.
agreed.to be honest even a loss isnt too much of a problem for united (bragging rights excluded), but chelsea must win at all costs, think that will play into united hands tactically too, becuase you will come out to gets forwards a fair amount and we can exploit the space behind

What do you think would be the best result from a gunner's point of view?

I think it's clear the best for us is any of them to win the match. Even more, a ManU victory, so in case we beat Stoke Chelsea got a bit relegated of title race.

I seriously doubt u even watched the game after this statement, we missed a penalty, Kalou missed 2 close-range headers, if Drogba had been on the whole game we would have won as clearly as soon as he came on, our performance was so much better

I seriously doubt u even watched the game after this statement, we missed a penalty, Kalou missed 2 close-range headers, if Drogba had been on the whole game we would have won as clearly as soon as he came on, our performance was so much better
I did watch the game actually. As I said, I'm not going into it, but I think a draw was fair.

What do you think would be the best result from a gunner's point of view?

I think it's clear the best for us is any of them to win the match. Even more, a ManU victory, so in case we beat Stoke Chelsea got a bit relegated of title race.

I think the best result for Arsenal would be if Chelsea beat Utd and then you went and beat us a week later.

I think the best result for Arsenal would be if Chelsea beat Utd and then you went and beat us a week later.
That's what I thought at first but it actually might be a better thing if they beat you, then you tail off with low morale, we beat you at emirates and then just chase Utd for the rest of the season. Hmmm..

A surprisingly dominant performance from Chelsea will see them score 3.

Chelsea 3-0 Manchester United

Why are we talking about Arsenal, if they lose they will just blame the Stamford Bridge pitch, if they win then Wenger will say his boys have finally matured only to lose the week later

Why are we talking about Arsenal, if they lose they will just blame the Stamford Bridge pitch, if they win then Wenger will say his boys have finally matured only to lose the week later

Why if we loose would we blame chelsea's pitch? oO)

Explain that one

Status
Not open for further replies.