Chelsea win FA Youth Cup.

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 123
  • Views Views 11K
yer but it dosn't mean any of them are actually good for the first team out of all the players you have named i can't see any of them breaking in to the first team, obvisouly its good that chelsea are doing this but i think your getting a bit to over excited about this

i can guarrentee at least stoch, bruma, hutchinson, kakuta and match winner connor clifford will break into the first team .

How can you guarantee that?..
How do you know that they are in Ancelotti's plans?

He could sell them all in the summer because they are 'surplus to requirements' and he may go and sign 6 teenagers..

from when you played Blackburn in the Carling cup i think kakuta looked swag but obviously i won't just that on one game, the reason i think none of them will do it is because at the moment you have sturridge you could have a good future but by the sounds of it your going to buy aguero or pato and if you get one of them he will fall down the pecking order and for the reason i think that when lampard/ ballack/deco/terry or start to move on you will just buy quality to replace quality.

If there was some miracle and you did give all of them a chance in the first team say 10-20 games each you would probably not do well in the first couple of seasons (such as arsenal) and your fans would have who ever the mangers head is and then the new manger would buy quality

yer but none of the players i listed were strikers. we are getting rid of some aging players and replacing them with these younger stars.

when roman put some money into the youth acadamy and hired arnason as youth developer he said by 2010 we will have a decent youth team structre in place. i said earlier alot of man utd and arsenals youngsters are playing at the club but chelsea's are out on loan because we have a big enough squad already. i mean the likes of di santo, stoch, mancienne, cork, sinclair, bertrand etc. and more and more players have featured this season the likes of kakuta, bruma, van aanholt, hutchinson. im not saying they are amazing im just saying they set a deadline and met it.
but youve bought them, you look at citeh, man utd and west ham we have developed ours, not bought them

Our first team is like our youth team. We have 2 players over the age of 30 and neither start.. ;)

but youve bought them, you look at citeh, man utd and west ham we have developed ours, not bought them

every youth team buys players from other teams it makes up most of their team without a dout. majority of players that actually make it at a high level are bought when they are 12 onwards.

Richards - Bought/poached
M. Johnson - Bought/poached
Ireland - Bought/poached
S. Wright-Phillips - Bought/poached
Boyata - Bought/poached
Cunningham - Bought/poached
A. Ibrahim - Bought/poached
Nimely-Tchuimeni - Bought/poached

These are just from the first team squad.

their mainly midfield am i right? what I'm saying if you think these players are going to break through they need to be playing now 10-20 games in the premier league doesn't have to be at Chelsea. But from what Ive seen none of these players apart from jack cork play regularly in the premier league.

The impression Ive got from you is that you think one day ballack will retire and one of these players will step up, I'm afraid if doesn't work like that look at arsenal prime example its taken us four-five years to get to a very high standard where with a bit of luck and a few less injuries we could have won the league.

i just think that unless these players start playing next season regularly in the premier league there will be one day when ballack will needed to be replace and jack cork for example won't be able to step up as well if he had played with games you also have to think will these players cope with having to play in three or four competition's in one month and prehaps going out of one them. Are they mentally strong enough?

i think that when this times comes those players could well be good enough, but will be very inexperienced and that it will cost you games, and from my experience of Chelsea fans they are so impenitent.

uh do you mean impatient rather than impenitent... anyway back to the matter in hand - well done Chelsea for winning the Youth Cup - but i agree with "Phil The Gooner" to some extent in that you're not going to promote these players to the first team any time soon and don't see that you can guarentee that any of your aforementioned players will break into the first team - because you already have quality players and prefer to spend a lot of money - because you have it - fair enough that's Chelsea's transfer policy - Arsenal's is different so yeah uh whatever... but Chelsea's youth +/or reserves really aren't that good - just a few Arsenal examples: Craig Eastmond
Arsenal U18 win the FA Premier Academy League
Arsenal Youth beat Chelsea 2-0
Arsenal RESERVES beat Chelsea RESERVES 2-0
Arsenal RESERVES beat Chelsea RESERVES 2-1
The year before:
Arsenal Youth beat Chelsea Youth 2-0
Chelsea Youth give away strong lead to lose 4-3 to Arsenal Youth Finally -
Arsenal Youth Honours

including the premier academy league this year :D

uh do you mean impatient rather than impenitent... anyway back to the matter in hand - well done Chelsea for winning the Youth Cup - but i agree with "Phil The Gooner" to some extent in that you're not going to promote these players to the first team any time soon and don't see that you can guarentee that any of your aforementioned players will break into the first team - because you already have quality players and prefer to spend a lot of money - because you have it - fair enough that's Chelsea's transfer policy - Arsenal's is different so yeah uh whatever... but Chelsea's youth +/or reserves really aren't that good - just a few Arsenal examples: Craig Eastmond
Arsenal U18 win the FA Premier Academy League
Arsenal Youth beat Chelsea 2-0
Arsenal RESERVES beat Chelsea RESERVES 2-0
Arsenal RESERVES beat Chelsea RESERVES 2-1
The year before:
Arsenal Youth beat Chelsea Youth 2-0
Chelsea Youth give away strong lead to lose 4-3 to Arsenal Youth Finally -
Arsenal Youth Honours
including the premier academy league this year :D

i can guarrentee you their will be some youth players in the first team next season. you have already seen the liked of kakuta, matic, borini, hutchinson, bruma and van aanholt. im sure miroslav stoch will be in the first team next season aswell. and im not sure but if i was in charge i would give jack cork a run aswell especially if ballack and deco both leave.

Let's face it having a good youth team is great but I would rather have one exceptinal talent instead of twenty average players, like at Man u in the 90's they had Scholes Giggs Beckham Neville ect but you remeber them who have had a real impact on the club you forget the 100's of other players who don't make it

Cork has been quoted saying he wants to leave in search of first team football not too long ago.

Cork has been quoted saying he wants to leave in search of first team football not too long ago.

well thats fair enough his definatly good enough. nemanja matic looks like a real decent prospect definate replacement for ballack.

well thats fair enough his definatly good enough. nemanja matic looks like a real decent prospect definate replacement for ballack.

i wanna see matic play some more first team games next season who knows could put in decent performances

I think Cork has a great future ahead of him, his passing and workrate are superb.

I think Cork has a great future ahead of him, his passing and workrate are superb.

i watched burnley alot when cork joined you and he definatly has somthing about him, great passer, great vision and links up well with the front man. thats why i want to keep him but like you said he wants first team football he deserves it.

how many times have players like kakuta, matic, borini, hutchinson, bruma and van aanholt actually appeared in the first team this season - perhaps other than the Mickey Mouse Cup? Twice maybe? Three times? I'm not necessarily criticising Chelsea's policy i'm just saying you really can't guarentee any of those players breaking into the first team next year - as in actually having a stretch of games - not just coming on with 5 minutes to play in an 8-0 routing of Wigan Athletic.. Please don't say you can guarentee anything - as someone else brought up before - you have an awesome young player in Daniel Sturridge and yet this summer you're going to buy Aguero and/or Pato/Kaka etc.- But again i seriously commend Chelsea for winning the Youth Cup!

how many times have players like kakuta, matic, borini, hutchinson, bruma and van aanholt actually appeared in the first team this season - perhaps other than the Mickey Mouse Cup? Twice maybe? Three times? I'm not necessarily criticising Chelsea's policy i'm just saying you really can't guarentee any of those players breaking into the first team next year - as in actually having a stretch of games - not just coming on with 5 minutes to play in an 8-0 routing of Wigan Athletic.. Please don't say you can guarentee anything - as someone else brought up before - you have an awesome young player in Daniel Sturridge and yet this summer you're going to buy Aguero and/or Pato/Kaka etc.- But again i seriously commend Chelsea for winning the Youth Cup!

their young lads you dont just chuck them in the deep end straight away. kakuta has been injured ever since he made his debut, hutchinson has had a bad few years with injurys. but like i say the other players i named came on and played little parts in games but thats what they need surely. im not saying they will all make it because thats obviously not true but i can see more chelsea youth players making the grade in the next few years i watch them alot and its the best crop of youngsters we have had without a dout.

When Chelsea bring through some young English talent, I will agree they have a good youth academy, and until then, I disagree with any statement saying they do.

Back