Chelsea win FA Youth Cup.

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 123
  • Views Views 11K
i can guarrentee you their will be some youth players in the first team next season.
I'm genuinely sorry if i'm being rude in any way - i don't mean to be - it's just that i a) really don't like that word - guarentee - you're not ancelotti and also surely - on the basis of this season (i.e. winning the double with experienced, ageing, quality PURCHASES) he's not going to just change his mind and give a bunch of random 17 year olds first team football - Sturridge doesn't count...
b) You're being very ambiguous and general - perhaps in your mind it helps you to think you're right ;) - what do you mean by first team football? - it's not, in my mind at least playing 20 minutes a season... (despite little injuries which you say have hampered two players chances... you don't even play them in the Mickey Mouse cup!) c) you seem to have quoted but completely ignored my links - Chelsea may be improving but they have a long way to go!

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

when chelsea bring through some young english talent, i will agree they have a good youth academy, and until then, i disagree with any statement saying they do.

a.lie

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

would be different if it was arsenals youth team though wouldnt it. everyone would be ranting and raving about how good their acadamy is. if you dont like it dont comment.

we are ranting about how good are academy is, because we won it last year - beating City 4-1 at emirates and Liverpool 4-1 at home and winning at anfield... and we the league..

chelsea have a long way to go but we have met our targets and how many clubs do that these days. when arneson was appointed he was given untill 2010 to produce some youth talent and make our youth acadamy stronger and that has happend.

chelsea have a long way to go but we have met our targets and how many clubs do that these days. when arneson was appointed he was given untill 2010 to produce some youth talent and make our youth acadamy stronger and that has happend.

There's still a long way to go before declaring it all a success. Liverpool have been in three finals (twice winners) since Rafa took over, but where are all of these super awesome youth cup winning players?

Having the best team of kids doesn't mean they will make the step up. There's a lot that can go wrong/right for these players in the next few years. So by all means congratulate yourselves for winning, but don't look any further into it.

Boro where in 2 consecutive finals a few years back . Lost 1 Won one. Team included had Adam Johnson,David Wheater,James Morrison,Chris Brunt Andrew Taylor and Stuart Downing.

?????????? said:
Chelsea have won the fa youth cup for the first time since 1961 after a brilliant second half comeback against aston villa at stamford bridge. Goals from Marko Mitrovic and captain Conor Clifford overturned a half-time deficit after Villa forward Kofi Poyser had given his side the lead with a header against the run of play, meaning Chelsea win Englands Premier youth tournement after a 1-1 draw at villa park last Thursday.

I also would like to add i advise people i.e non chelsea fans to re-think their policy that chelsea have no decent youth players and our youth acadamy is poor we reached the final 2 years ago and lost and now have gone all the way.

Guess who? :P

didnt want to make a new thread because i know people would moan so i will just post this on here.
Chelsea's youth team have won the Copa Amsterdam U-19s. playing along side youth teams such as Ajax, Chivas, Botafogo, Az Alkmaar and beating Sevilla in the final 7-6 on penaltys after a 0-0 draw. many i belive will not feel this relevant or promising but this bit is, they were without 13 normal first teamers the likes of Jeffery Bruma, Fabio Borini and Gael Kakuta etc. really shows the strengh in depth in our youth acadamy at the moment. again i will state im not saying they will definalty make the grade but it looks promising for sure.

Last edited:
didnt want to make a new thread because i know people would moan so i will just post this on here.
Chelsea's youth team have won the Copa Amsterdam U-19s. playing along side youth teams such as Ajax, Chivas, Botafogo, Az Alkmaar and beating Sevilla in the final 7-6 on penaltys after a 0-0 draw. many i belive will not feel this relevant or promising but this bit is, they were without 13 normal first teamers the likes of Jeffery Bruma, Fabio Borini and Gael Kakuta etc. really shows the strengh in depth in our youth acadamy at the moment. again i will state im not saying they will definalty make the grade but it looks promising for sure.

Good on them but they are still no match for the other academies and u-18's in england

i know we have a long way to go mate, but its a good sign.

Yes good sign hopefully in the coming years the big clubs will stop wasting big money on players and use their youth squad graduates and not ****** other teams youngsters. You already see the likes of the championship teams playing their youngsters and bleeding them into their squad. I heard today arsenal want valencia's 15 year old striker talk about snatchers and poaching. Can't they raise their own players?

Yes good sign hopefully in the coming years the big clubs will stop wasting big money on players and use their youth squad graduates and not ****** other teams youngsters. You already see the likes of the championship teams playing their youngsters and bleeding them into their squad. I heard today arsenal want valencia's 15 year old striker talk about snatchers and poaching. Can't they raise their own players?

its gunna happen now mate, with the new rule that players have to have been in the country for 3 years teams are just going to bring them over at an early age simple as that. shame i know but thats what happens clubs will find anyway to beat their rivals to the best players.

We at United are the same as any other team. A lot of our youngster have come from other clubs it probably double figures and it always will be until the FA allow clubs to sign players from all over the country as apposed to imposing a 90 minute rule. Also as CJacko said, under the new rules to be homegrown you have to be trained at the club for 3 years under 21. So youngster will continue moving, why shouldn't young player be able to play where they want anyway.

More on topic Chelsea have some good youngers Kakuta looks special, and from an English point of view the young lad bossing thing for England in midfield at the U17's Euro's looks a shoe in for Chelsea in the future(his name eludes me). Hutchinson, has looked decent in his cameo's as has Bruma.

It's like at United currently, Pogba, Tunnicliffe, Petrucci, Morrison and James. Have all looked good and all have potential to go as far as they want, but the chances of 5 centre mids all making it would be a suprising achievement. Same as having Keane, King, Macheda and Welbeck who are good striking prospects.

We at United are the same as any other team. A lot of our youngster have come from other clubs it probably double figures and it always will be until the FA allow clubs to sign players from all over the country as apposed to imposing a 90 minute rule. Also as CJacko said, under the new rules to be homegrown you have to be trained at the club for 3 years under 21. So youngster will continue moving, why shouldn't young player be able to play where they want anyway.

More on topic Chelsea have some good youngers Kakuta looks special, and from an English point of view the young lad bossing thing for England in midfield at the U17's Euro's looks a shoe in for Chelsea in the future(his name eludes me). Hutchinson, has looked decent in his cameo's as has Bruma.

It's like at United currently, Pogba, Tunnicliffe, Petrucci, Morrison and James. Have all looked good and all have potential to go as far as they want, but the chances of 5 centre mids all making it would be a suprising achievement. Same as having Keane, King, Macheda and Welbeck who are good striking prospects.

his name is Josh McEachran, looks like a real talent. he has been talked about quite highly at Chelsea and scored a peach the other day for England U-17s.

All the big teams take players from other youth teams, foreign and at home, leeds have had lots of young players stolen from the academy. I hope that the FA will introduce a rule saying that players cant move clubs until they are 18. This should stop the big teams poaching anyone with a bit of talent.

ahem. Pavel Pogba? Ronaldo? It's not our fault that European teams have slightly odd rules on youth contracts meaning they're often not binding - unless there's a pre-contract (*cough * Gael Kakuta/Pogba)

Sorry mate not trying to hit out at arsenal just used them as an example that was a recent story i heard in the papers. I will even include Man Utd in that rant they took pogba and petrucci but is ronald one? Did we not pay £18mill for him at the age of 21

ahem. Pavel Pogba? Ronaldo? It's not our fault that European teams have slightly odd rules on youth contracts meaning they're often not binding - unless there's a pre-contract (*cough * Gael Kakuta/Pogba)

EDIT:
OH and by the by - talking of Euro U17s - Benik is playing consistently well a year ahead of his age group, scored a 20 yard strike the other day and won a penalty as well as having 2 others denied and being denied a goal in one game

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

Yeah, no i know Sismael - fair enough - yeah i wasn't sure about Ronaldo - got caught up in it i guess, but still... kinda the same as Barca pinching Cescinator

Thought i might aswell post this here. Chelsea U-14s have won the Milk Cup which is a tournement annually held in Northen Ireland. Chelsea beat Mexican side Cruz Azul 3-0 to win the trophy which surely signals that the Chelsea acadamy is finaly starting to take shape with all the latest success.

It's fine winning trophies in pre season but until they start getting first team action more often it's going to be hard for them to grow as players and be able to play at the top level in the future. Like I said in my earlier post in the thread, until they produce quality young English players then I still don't see them as a good academy.

woo chelsea win the youth cup and now suddenly their youth team is amazing, name some people that have come through their academy in recent years, not saying there isnt any but name some

John Terry (K)

Back