Chelsea win FA Youth Cup.

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 123
  • Views Views 11K
Of course Arsenal have a better youth to answer the previous arguement.

The fact that their main team is going to *****, really drags the limelight away from the kids.

Chelsea have a great main team and youth sqaud, unlike Arsenal.

I think Sturridge and Kakuta are better than any of Arsenal's hopefuls.

I think it's fair to say (based on the facts of how many players make it through to senior teams) that Manchester United and Arsenal have the two most productive acadamies in recent times. Liverpool's, from what I've seen recently, also has some great players in it who could definately make the grade if they continue to develop at their current rates.

One of the best youth academies is still Ajax, and, if not for the Bosman ruling and other recent contractual laws, this club would still be one of the biggest clubs in world football (on the pitch.)

Also, Ronaldo was 18 (not 21) when he joined Manchester United for £12.24 million plus add-ons -- not a big issue, but misinformation declared as fact ruins discussions.

Of course Arsenal have a better youth to answer the previous arguement.

The fact that their main team is going to *****, really drags the limelight away from the kids.

Chelsea have a great main team and youth sqaud, unlike Arsenal.

I think Sturridge and Kakuta are better than any of Arsenal's hopefuls.
sturridge isnt chelsea youth, hes a product of citys academy, and wilshere is ahead of kakuta

and arsenal do have a great side, pity half is just constantly sidelined. not sure how you can say their team is "going to *****"

and chelseas youth squad isnt that good

Last edited:
sturridge isnt chelsea youth, hes a product of citys academy, and wilshere is ahead of kakuta

and arsenal do have a great side, pity half is just constantly sidelined. not sure how you can say their team is "going to *****"

and chelseas youth squad isnt that good

Well, Sturridge, Kakuta, Matic and a few other Chelsea youths I'd consider to be better than a lot of the Arsenal youth players..

I think Arsenal are only getting worse. I'm not sure what the contract status is with Gallas, but he looks like being released. Fabregas might not leave, but who knows.. I think they won't be good enough for the top four next season in all honesty. I think we and Tottenham slip up against the weaker teams, which dragged us both down last season, not to mention that we beat Arsenal a number of times last season, and Tottenham also managed to beat them.

My main point is not about the quality of the youth teams, but the focus around them, that is certainly leading away from the main team. Everyone knows that Arsene Wenger has focused around bringing in young players, but to be honest, his best young players (Walcott and Fabregas) are soon to be at their peak, and yet they still cannot win anything, and are probably getting further away from winning something compared to 2006, 2007.

How can we say Kakuta is 'good' or 'better than Wilshere'? The guy has barely played at all for Chelsea, all of a sudden he's a better prospect than Jack Wilshere who was a great player for Bolton on loan and is clearly already good enough to start for a Premier League team? Ridiculous.

I'm not sure why Chelsea are so excited about their academy, why not just do the usual thing and sign any decent player who looks like coming through at West Ham as most big prem teams seem to do ;)

Its agreatc achievement for Chelsea,shows that out future is somehwat secure

How can we say Kakuta is 'good' or 'better than Wilshere'? The guy has barely played at all for Chelsea, all of a sudden he's a better prospect than Jack Wilshere who was a great player for Bolton on loan and is clearly already good enough to start for a Premier League team? Ridiculous.

I've seen him play number of times for the Chelsea youth team, not to mention seeing him rip up the Manchester United youth defence.. I also watched a load of games from the recently played U19 Euro Championship, where he was very impressive. Jack Wilshere seemed average for Bolton, and isn't really a youth as he is nearly 22, where Kakuta is still a teenager and is playing at one of the best teams in the world. I'm sure if Kakuta was given a loan like Wilshere, he'd impress just as much, if not more.

I think Kakuta is one of mainy good Chelsea youths though, such as Matic, Delac, Jack Cork and Patrick van Aanholt, who has been out on loan and was impressive playing for Newcastle, especially with his long range efforts..

But I've said before that the Arsenal youth team is better, just the focus around the youth teams is much different, and not for the better.

Its agreatc achievement for Chelsea,shows that out future is somehwat secure

But it doesn't. Like I said in my post earlier in this thread winning things at youth level is great but it doesn't mean that they will turn into good senior players.

Well, Sturridge, Kakuta, Matic and a few other Chelsea youths I'd consider to be better than a lot of the Arsenal youth players..

I think Arsenal are only getting worse. I'm not sure what the contract status is with Gallas, but he looks like being released. Fabregas might not leave, but who knows.. I think they won't be good enough for the top four next season in all honesty. I think we and Tottenham slip up against the weaker teams, which dragged us both down last season, not to mention that we beat Arsenal a number of times last season, and Tottenham also managed to beat them.

My main point is not about the quality of the youth teams, but the focus around them, that is certainly leading away from the main team. Everyone knows that Arsene Wenger has focused around bringing in young players, but to be honest, his best young players (Walcott and Fabregas) are soon to be at their peak, and yet they still cannot win anything, and are probably getting further away from winning something compared to 2006, 2007.
eh? that doesnt take way from their ability to regularly play for a club as good as arsenal. their young play have actually shown they are capable of playing in the premiership, and they have had regular amounts of top flight football, you cannot say that of chelseas youth so how can you they are better?

the following is irrelevant to the youth discussion but i wanted to answer you second bit

re results. didnt you beat chelsea too. does that mean they are slipping? according to the pundits they were supposed to slip out the big 4 last season....yet they didnt. and this season the squad is arugably stronger than last year

ooops! i'm sorry! i forgot to make a thread for when Liverpool won the youth cup in 2006 or again when we won it in 2007. I'm sorry guys! :'(

no but seriously, we won it two years on the trot but we've not had any great youth product come out.
the only ones atm are Pacheco and a few others and i'm not even sure if Pacheco was in the side that won the youth cup...

although one player who i am going to follow with interest is young Thomas Ince, he's looked alright in pre season and he's the son of Paul.. so who knows.

I've seen him play number of times for the Chelsea youth team, not to mention seeing him rip up the Manchester United youth defence.. I also watched a load of games from the recently played U19 Euro Championship, where he was very impressive. Jack Wilshere seemed average for Bolton, and isn't really a youth as he is nearly 22, where Kakuta is still a teenager and is playing at one of the best teams in the world. I'm sure if Kakuta was given a loan like Wilshere, he'd impress just as much, if not more.

I think Kakuta is one of mainy good Chelsea youths though, such as Matic, Delac, Jack Cork and Patrick van Aanholt, who has been out on loan and was impressive playing for Newcastle, especially with his long range efforts..

But I've said before that the Arsenal youth team is better, just the focus around the youth teams is much different, and not for the better.
Just because Kakuta rips apart United's youth defence doesn't necessarily mean he's 'a good player'. No disrespect to the United youth team as it's a good one but who really is in the youth defence? Cathcart if he's not on loan, who else really? Fabio and Rafael rarely play for the youth team now do they?

If you watched West Ham vs Bolton last season on Football First, Jack Wilshere was man of the match by far, his runs from midfield were perfect and he continually dragged Matthew Upson, an England international, out of position leaving gaps for Kevin Davies to run into and Wilshere eventually scored that game. Scott Parker also had problems with Wilshere in that game, he tried tracking his runs from deep and it simply didn't work and West Ham couldn't handle him. Now, I know West Ham were certainly not one of the best teams in the league last season, but Scott Parker and Matthew Upson both failed to handle Wilshere and he scored a nice goal aswell.

All I have seen from Kakuta is a few bit part appearances in all honesty, and I've seen him once in a youth game where he was far from impressive.

eh? that doesnt take way from their ability to regularly play for a club as good as arsenal. their young play have actually shown they are capable of playing in the premiership, and they have had regular amounts of top flight football, you cannot say that of chelseas youth so how can you they are better?

the following is irrelevant to the youth discussion but i wanted to answer you second bit

re results. didnt you beat chelsea too. does that mean they are slipping? according to the pundits they were supposed to slip out the big 4 last season....yet they didnt. and this season the squad is arugably stronger than last year

1. I didn't say chelsea's youth was better, I just said a few players such as Kakuta have more potential.

2. Yes we beat Chelsea, but we played Arsenal twice in the Cup I seem to rememeber, and Arsenal displayed a lot more youths, sure, against a strong-ish team we put out against them, but still, hardly any of the youth players were impressive in that game, and they were comfortably beaten.

Anyway I'd love to debate about this, but I have to get off the computer. Be sure to drop me a PM if you'd like to talk, overall though I stand by my previous point that youth teams don't mean a lot when your first team is slipping.

What would you consider their peak, Fabregas has just turned 23, and Walcott is still 21, meaning Fabregas, is still 2-3 years away from his peak, and Walcott is arguably half a decade away from his peak. Not looking for an argument, just pointing it out :)

1. I didn't say chelsea's youth was better, I just said a few players such as Kakuta have more potential.

2. Yes we beat Chelsea, but we played Arsenal twice in the Cup I seem to remember, and Arsenal displayed a lot more youths, sure, against a strong-ish team we put out against them, but still, hardly any of the youth players were impressive in that game, and they were comfortably beaten. Also, Chelsea are definatly not slipping due to them winning the league and a cup. Arsenal however, could have been caught by Tottenham, had they kept form.

Anyway I'd love to debate about this, but I have to get off the computer. Be sure to drop me a PM if you'd like to talk, overall though I stand by my previous point that youth teams don't mean a lot when your first team is slipping.

I'm begining to wonder where some people get their information from. Jack Wilshire was born in 1992 -- I'm pretty sure that doesn't add up to him being 22? Seeing a lot of wrong information being used in discussions lately as posters attempt to prove points :(

since when has jack wilshere been nearly 22? He was born in 1992, making him like 18?
here's proof... http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/jack-wilshere

also, he was brilliant on loan at Bolton, plus he's started a few times for Arsenal first team, unlike Kakuta who's only made a few cameo appearances here and there. It could also be said that Kakuta's only really heard of because he was at the centre of the chelsea transfer embargo at the start of last season...

I'd love it if someone like Dani Pacheco was getting the game time that Wilshere is, if he was he might not be thinking about leaving! :(

at the end of the day i would rather win these tournements than not win them. its obvious the acadamy is going in the right direction other wise we wouldnt be winning these trophies. im not saying all the players will make it at chelsea because its obvious they wont but its obvious there is much better talent within the acadamy now days because we never won things like this.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

ooops! i'm sorry! i forgot to make a thread for when Liverpool won the youth cup in 2006 or again when we won it in 2007. I'm sorry guys! :'(

no but seriously, we won it two years on the trot but we've not had any great youth product come out.
the only ones atm are Pacheco and a few others and i'm not even sure if Pacheco was in the side that won the youth cup...

although one player who i am going to follow with interest is young Thomas Ince, he's looked alright in pre season and he's the son of Paul.. so who knows.

i wouldnt have slated you if you did make one mate. it also depends on how you use the youth talent. if they get chances at first team level on a few occasions then this will surely give them a bigger drive to push on. i cant remember seeing many liverpool youth players getting first team minutes.

But it doesn't. Like I said in my post earlier in this thread winning things at youth level is great but it doesn't mean that they will turn into good senior players.

You have a point there,but atleast we can expect 3-4 of them good enough to play in the Premiereship

Nope, Pacheco wasn't in the youth side, he was straight in the reserves at the age of like 17/18. but yeah, we won it two years on the trot, and the best product out is Jay Spearing, and he's absoloutely ****. So this dosen't mean the Chelsea youth are going to big things

Back