Chelsea win FA Youth Cup.

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 123
  • Views Views 11K
we won it in 06 and 07, and i dont think one of the palyers has made it into the first team.its a shame.

when we won it in 96, Carra and owen made the breakthrough shortly after. lampard and rio made it from the losing west ham side.

Last edited:
Anybody know the dates for this years final. Will be good to see Sheff Uniteds youngsters against Chelsea or Man U.

Watched the semi against Villa and we played them of the park

we won it in 06 and 07, and i dont think one of the palyers has made it into the first team.its a shame.

when we won it in 96, Carra and owen made the breakthrough shortly after. lampard and rio made it from the losing west ham side.

Its all about luck and how they build from this winning mentality really.

Anybody know the dates for this years final. Will be good to see Sheff Uniteds youngsters against Chelsea or Man U.

Watched the semi against Villa and we played them of the park

The final dates havent been arranged yet mate as its 2 legs.

Chelsea have won the fa youth cup for the first time since 1961 after a brilliant second half comeback against aston villa at stamford bridge. Goals from Marko Mitrovic and captain Conor Clifford overturned a half-time deficit after Villa forward Kofi Poyser had given his side the lead with a header against the run of play, meaning Chelsea win Englands Premier youth tournement after a 1-1 draw at villa park last Thursday.

I also would like to add i advise people i.e non chelsea fans to re-think their policy that chelsea have no decent youth players and our youth acadamy is poor we reached the final 2 years ago and lost and now have gone all the way.

What happened this year mate? lmao doesn't help that Arnesen is basically raiding your youngsters :P

Looking back at the beginning of this thread, CJACKO was right, everyone slated him but Chelsea do have a good youth team, in fact, i think they have best youth team in the PL, even though I hate them. So in theory, CJACKO actually knows more about football than everyone who doubted him :D

He started of at West Ham....

I know this was ages ago, but just because he started at WH means nothing he actually started at Senrab, then WH and then Chelsea when he was 14. And the comment BoDeLL-DcFc replied to was "name a player who came through the youth at Chelsea" (or something like that) and JT played for the youth and reserves before moving up to the first team and he still had a lot to learn from the age of 14 onwards, so I'd say he's definitely a Chelsea "product".

What happened this year mate? lmao doesn't help that Arnesen is basically raiding your youngsters :P

Well we got to the semi's which for Chelsea is still pretty impressive. In the last 4 years we have been runner up once, semi finalists once and winners once so thats pretty good. On Arnsen both players he has took to be fair to them are not at the standard Chelsea wish them to be hence why i never really mentioned Sala etc. One to possibly look out for is Gokhan Torre who was on the bench for Turkey's full national squad the other day and he has bags on pace, can beat a man easily and has tricks in his locker.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Looking back at the beginning of this thread, CJACKO was right, everyone slated him but Chelsea do have a good youth team, in fact, i think they have best youth team in the PL, even though I hate them. So in theory, CJACKO actually knows more about football than everyone who doubted him :D

Well i dont like to be proven right but you know i will take it lol.

Aye, Fulham won the regional U18 league this season but I suppose Chelsea promoted a few youngsters from last seasons team so they didn't do so well.

Aye, Fulham won the regional U18 league this season but I suppose Chelsea promoted a few youngsters from last seasons team so they didn't do so well.

Alot of the young lads who won the U18 FA Cup last season for Chelsea were promoted to our reserves (who are the English reserve Champions) but we used them still in the Youth FA Cup this season if that makes sence.

Who won the Academy League this year? I know Arsenal's young team (as in, mostly 16 or so rather than 18) did pretty badly - we came 5th in our group - but who won it outright?

Alot of the young lads who won the U18 FA Cup last season for Chelsea were promoted to our reserves (who are the English reserve Champions) but we used them still in the Youth FA Cup this season if that makes sence.

Isn't it division champions? I thought Blackburn won the reserves championship by beating United..

Edit: Yes Chelsea were Southern division champions and beat Northern division champions Blackburn in play offs.. So Chelsea were English reserves champions.

Last edited:
Who won the Academy League this year? I know Arsenal's young team (as in, mostly 16 or so rather than 18) did pretty badly - we came 5th in our group - but who won it outright?

Everton beat Fulham in the final mate, all the stats and league tables are in here: 2010

Isn't it division champions? I thought Blackburn won the reserves championship by beating United..

Yer Blackburn won your division and Chelsea won our division and then they went head to head in a one off game to decide the national champions and Chelsea beat them on penalties after a 1-1 draw. Just to show im not lying lol http://www.chelseafc.com/page/TheReservesNews/0,,10268~2361390,00.html

Last edited:
Everton beat Fulham in the final mate, all the stats and league tables are in here: 2010

Yer Blackburn won your division and Chelsea won our division and then they went head to head in a one off game to decide the national champions and Chelsea beat them on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

By 1 pt!

Look forward to our Reserve/U18 campaign next season - we've got some really exciting players coming through but our Reserve campaign was hindered by Afobe and Aneke joining the U18s for the Youth Cup and then JET, Lansbury, Afobe, Aneke all going on loan.

U18 and Reserve League's are regional. Chelsea are champions of South East I imagine.

This explains better
Premier Reserve League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

North group A Vs North Group B, winner will play South group winner..

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

By 1 pt!

Look forward to our Reserve/U18 campaign next season - we've got some really exciting players coming through but our Reserve campaign was hindered by Afobe and Aneke joining the U18s for the Youth Cup and then JET, Lansbury, Afobe, Aneke all going on loan.

Usually reserves champions means noting.. All better player will be out on loan.

We had King, Matt James, Welbeck, Macheda, De Laet, Drinkwater all out on loan.

This explains better

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Usually reserves champions means noting.. All better player will be out on loan.

You have a player called "drinkwater"?

This explains better

I wouldn't say Drinkwater is one of the better players. He struggled to get into the Watford side this season and when he played he was pretty poor.

Back