Chelsea win FA Youth Cup.

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 123
  • Views Views 11K
I'm begining to wonder where some people get their information from. Jack Wilshire was born in 1992 -- I'm pretty sure that doesn't add up to him being 22? Seeing a lot of wrong information being used in discussions lately as posters attempt to prove points :(

Wilshire is 18 years old, I don't know where 22 came from. Kakuta has recently turned 19.

since when has jack wilshere been nearly 22? He was born in 1992, making him like 18?
here's proof... http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/jack-wilshere

also, he was brilliant on loan at Bolton, plus he's started a few times for Arsenal first team, unlike Kakuta who's only made a few cameo appearances here and there. It could also be said that Kakuta's only really heard of because he was at the centre of the chelsea transfer embargo at the start of last season...

I'd love it if someone like Dani Pacheco was getting the game time that Wilshere is, if he was he might not be thinking about leaving! :(

I agree that Kakuta is mainly heard off because of the transfer embargo,Wenger knows to develop youth and thats why he has been able to produce potential stars.....Dani Pacheco does not get the game time he should get and I have confidence that if developed right,he could become a good player no doubt

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Nope, Pacheco wasn't in the youth side, he was straight in the reserves at the age of like 17/18. but yeah, we won it two years on the trot, and the best product out is Jay Spearing, and he's absoloutely ****. So this dosen't mean the Chelsea youth are going to big things

All this depends on how much your manager wants to develop Youth,I agree it does not mean that Chelsea' Academy players are now going to be world-beaters but if they can be developed right by the coaches and a commited manager,they could probably become atleast Premiereship players

I agree that Kakuta is mainly heard off because of the transfer embargo,Wenger knows to develop youth and thats why he has been able to produce potential stars.....Dani Pacheco does not get the game time he should get and I have confidence that if developed right,he could become a good player no doubt

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

All this depends on how much your manager wants to develop Youth,I agree it does not mean that Chelsea' Academy players are now going to be world-beaters but if they can be developed right by the coaches and a commited manager,they could probably become atleast Premiereship players
thats very big if's though. if they are developed right, if they are given good first team exposure. if they are given the time to grow in a world that demands instant results

I've seen him play number of times for the Chelsea youth team, not to mention seeing him rip up the Manchester United youth defence.. I also watched a load of games from the recently played U19 Euro Championship, where he was very impressive. Jack Wilshere seemed average for Bolton, and isn't really a youth as he is nearly 22, where Kakuta is still a teenager and is playing at one of the best teams in the world. I'm sure if Kakuta was given a loan like Wilshere, he'd impress just as much, if not more.

I think Kakuta is one of mainy good Chelsea youths though, such as Matic, Delac, Jack Cork and Patrick van Aanholt, who has been out on loan and was impressive playing for Newcastle, especially with his long range efforts..

But I've said before that the Arsenal youth team is better, just the focus around the youth teams is much different, and not for the better.

Jack Wilshere was really good for Bolton on his loan,I agree that if Kakuta wasgiven more minutes for the first-team or sent on a loan deal,he would be better player but right now despite being a Chelsea fan I will mantain that Wilshere is a better prospect than Kakuta but maybe if Kakuta was paid more attention....who knows

Jack Wilshere was really good for Bolton on his loan,I agree that if Kakuta wasgiven more minutes for the first-team or sent on a loan deal,he would be better player but right now despite being a Chelsea fan I will mantain that Wilshere is a better prospect than Kakuta but maybe if Kakuta was paid more attention....who knows

after kakuta made a few appearences last season he was hamperd with a couple of niggly injurys so thats why we unfortunatly didnt see as much as we would have liked to of him.

thats very big if's though. if they are developed right, if they are given good first team exposure. if they are given the time to grow in a world that demands instant results

Thats true ofcourse,you only have to look to see how many players who were described as 'wonderkids' have not fulfilled their potential

EG.

Robinho---A great player whilst in Brazil but he came too soon to Real Madrid at the age of 21 and did well but I am sure that if he was sent to Spain later such as Ronaldinho was at 23,he wold have been better

Benzema--A great prospect whilst in France and was tracked by Man Utd.,went to Real Madrid and has not done anything of note yet.

G.Dos Santos-Was described as a wonderkid at Barcelona but never fulfilled his potential and was quietly sold off to Tottenham.He has shown some good performances in the World Cup,so we cant say anything about him yet

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

after kakuta made a few appearences last season he was hamperd with a couple of niggly injurys so thats why we unfortunatly didnt see as much as we would have liked to of him.

Either way,the form our Mdfielders were in,I dount we would have seen too much of him anyways to make a clear judgement on his ability

Last edited:

Niggly injuries?
He broke his ankle similar to what Aaron Ramsey did last year which put him out for about 6 months. If you remember aswell big things were expected of him and was named in our 08-09 Champions League squad. He seems to have recovered well in the last season and hopefully the injury hasn't affected him too much.

Thats true ofcourse,you only have to look to see how many players who were described as 'wonderkids' have not fulfilled their potential

EG.

Robinho---A great player whilst in Brazil but he came too soon to Real Madrid at the age of 21 and did not do well at all'

Benzema--A great prospect whilst in France and was tracked by Man Utd.,went to Real Madrid and has not done anything of note yet.

G.Dos Santos-Was described as a wonderkid at Barcelona but never fulfilled his potential and was quietly sold off to Tottenham.He has shown some good performances in the World Cup,so we cant say anything about him yet

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Either way,the form our Mdfielders were in,I dount we would have seen too much of him anyways to make a clear judgement on his ability

You'll be surpirsed at Robinho, just because he hasn't been at City, he's done well for Santos.

Benzema is a class player but does not fit into the Madrid ranks, he may not have completely filled his potential but he's not far off.

Dos Santos is only 20 and is getting games at Spurs

Robinho---A great player whilst in Brazil but he came too soon to Real Madrid at the age of 21 and did not do well at all'

Robinho scored 14 goals in 37 games (first season.) Third highest goalscorer and second most assists at Madrid during his time there. One bad season (funnily enough, when Capello took charge and made the team more defensive.) Was sold only to raise funds and faciliate Cristiano Ronaldo. £32+ million to Man City after they outbid Chelsea (who then refused to get into an auction, lol.) City's top goalscorer in his first season (though his away form wasn't the best.) Second season = wants to move = starts playing terrible.

How does that = 'did not do well at all'? :)

Edit --Just to be clear, the deal with Ronaldo fell through and Robinho refused Madrid's new offer before going to City.

Last edited:
United has the best academy IMO : Scholes,Giggs,G.Neville,Beckham,Wellbeck(has potential),Tom Cleverley(a lot of potential),Gibson(decent),J.Evans...
Arsenal have loads of potential,but most of United's talents become top players

Last edited:
1. I didn't say chelsea's youth was better, I just said a few players such as Kakuta have more potential.

2. Yes we beat Chelsea, but we played Arsenal twice in the Cup I seem to remember, and Arsenal displayed a lot more youths, sure, against a strong-ish team we put out against them, but still, hardly any of the youth players were impressive in that game, and they were comfortably beaten. Also, Chelsea are definatly not slipping due to them winning the league and a cup. Arsenal however, could have been caught by Tottenham, had they kept form.

Anyway I'd love to debate about this, but I have to get off the computer. Be sure to drop me a PM if you'd like to talk, overall though I stand by my previous point that youth teams don't mean a lot when your first team is slipping.
1) you can talk about potential, but potential is nothing unless its fulfilled. arsenals youth on the whole have acutally shown more ability in terms of first team performances

2) arsenals youth came out and gave a account of themselves against a strong city side, the fact that arsenal can field such a youth side is testament how their ability

3) finishing 3rd behind utd and chelsea is hardly slipping.

at the end of the day chelsea are taking a step in the right direction but its a long to go before they can say they have good academy, certainly when compared to arsenal or uniteds

I think we all know Southampton have the best youth academy, the world has ever seen. :P

United has the best academy IMO : Scholes,Giggs,G.Neville,Beckham,Wellbeck(has potential),Tom Cleverley(a lot of potential),Gibson(decent),J.Evans...
Arsenal have loads of potential,but most of United's talents become top players

Quoting a bunch of players who came through the youth academy 15 years ago is stupid. I also think people are getting confused between youth acadamies and youth teams. Just because you have the best youth team doesn't mean you have the best academy.

You have a point there,but atleast we can expect 3-4 of them good enough to play in the Premiereship

Still being a bit too ambitious there I think. Just had a quick look through the team sheets for the past ten years or so and it's not that likely they make the step up to Premiership level.

2005-06: Micah Richards, Daniel Sturridge, & Michael Johnson
2004-05: Gareth Bale & Theo Walcott
2003-04: Adam Johnson, Gary Cahill, & Gabriel Agbonlahor
2002-03: Kieran Richardson
2001-02: Liam Ridgewell & Rooney
2000-01: Steve Sidwell & Jermaine Pennant
1999-00: Steve Sidwell & Moritz Volz
1998-99: Michael Carrick & Chris Kirkland
etc...

Probably missed a few players as well but meh.

Niggly injuries?
He broke his ankle similar to what Aaron Ramsey did last year which put him out for about 6 months. If you remember aswell big things were expected of him and was named in our 08-09 Champions League squad. He seems to have recovered well in the last season and hopefully the injury hasn't affected him too much.

oh yer i know he done his ankle in i ment niggly injurys when he was trying to recover. i remember seeing him make his debut against wolves and he looked a very cleaver player.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Ahhh, i guess they bought that title aswell.

haha very cleaver comment!!!

It doesn't really matter if you have a good youth team, big premiership teams just buy up all the young talent so no-one else can have them, then don't play them which destroys their confidence and ultimately their careers.

Chelsea's youth team just beat Barnsley 2-1 at Stamford Bridge to make it to the quarter finals for the 3rd time in 4 years. Looks like Romans investment and Arnesens work is really starting to pay off. McEachran was sensational in the 2nd half scoring a great goal to make it 1-1 and then swung in a excellent free-kick which Nathinal Chalobah scored via his back/neck.

Back