Chrissy Ross's 442 - Prem win with Bournemouth 1st season no transfers. [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say not a bad season... holiday season too.

Ozil was wide left most of the season, far from ideal.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 17.05.37.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 17.05.37.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 17.05.46.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 17.05.46.png
    1 MB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 17.05.37.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 17.05.37.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 141
  • Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 17.07.28.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 17.07.28.png
    932.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 17.05.46.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 17.05.46.png
    1 MB · Views: 113
Do you get your results from vacation, instant results or watching the game? I ask to do my tests the same way
Holidayed. If I actually played the game they would be much better,

It's 100% a great tactic, but it's not a "plug it in and let it win your season" tactic, despite being advertised as such. I, as a noob when it comes to Football Manager, am looking for exactly that. I'm in no way trying to imply that the tactic isn't awesome, but it's not yet infallible. I'm not expecting to win the EPL with Villa or Newcastle, but I'd definitely would like it to win it with Arsenal or Tottenham (teams that are not favourites and expected to finish 4th-6th).

Thanks a lot, OP!

I won the season with Bournemouth using the original and Watford with the .3 version with far post corners. You need to set up a few conditions for it to work, i.e. training, staffing, scheduling, rest periods and then manage team morale tbh. It's as close to plug and play as youa re gonna get i'm afraid without some mad crazy assymetrical formation designed to exploit the game. My idea was to have something realistic. Ultimately the more you put in, the better the results.

Not that 4-4-2 is exhausted, i'll get a post put up in next 24 hours and I can then work on just creating the best tactic possible (however I will forewarn you all, it will probably not be very realistic in the slightest.)

Appreciate the feedback though, thank you.

I won the season with Bournemouth using the original and Watford with the .3 version with far post corners. You need to set up a few conditions for it to work, i.e. training, staffing, scheduling, rest periods and then manage team morale tbh. It's as close to plug and play as youa re gonna get i'm afraid without some mad crazy assymetrical formation designed to exploit the game. My idea was to have something realistic.

Appreciate the feedback though, thank you.

I love it mate, quality work.

Not really a test, but keen to see what this does with United, will report back.

Not really a test, but keen to see what this does with United, will report back.
Cheers. Folks are posting that it's not a game breaker but it is making a marked difference on results. More time and care put in the better the results. Having fit players, etc makes a huge difference. The AI will play with guys at 88% etc which I would not recommend you do. Hence why holidaying results are not udeal.

@Mr Green can run a test with an underdog instead of top team pls ? :)

I did - with Bournemouth - If I ran a test with another underdog - I'd have to make some transfers to make the tactic work, it NEEDS pace wide and up top on my opinion, if you have the you're going to overachieve... MASSIVELY.

I did - with Bournemouth - If I ran a test with another underdog - I'd have to make some transfers to make the tactic work, it NEEDS pace wide and up top on my opinion, if you have the you're going to overachieve... MASSIVELY.

As i'll post in the explanation - pacey FIT strikers are a must. If you don't have them and they aren't above the baseline of the league you are in, then forget it.

Now this was a great game could of scored 7 or 8!!!

Then i lose 1-0 to walsall in the cup fuming!!!

2020-06-15.png

Last edited:
I can't actually remember where they are from in all honesty.

Here is the tactic with the corners I've been using... I hope I don't P*** someone off not crediting them, I genuinely forgot where they're from.

Attachments

• Chris & Lisa 442 set piece change.fmf
    45.8 KB · Views: 153
I can't actually remember where they are from in all honesty.

Here is the tactic with the corners I've been using... I hope I don't P*** someone off not crediting them, I genuinely forgot where they're from.
Is the only change the attacking corners yeah?

Id say 1 in 4 for what I use.

Its been a lot higher in other tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.