Chrissy's Version of Guido's excellent strikerless theories and tactics.

Chrissy Ross

Reaction score
The tactic is a variant of the excellent work Guido has done on thedugout website.

As such, all credit goes to Guido. Without him this would not exist. I repeat all credit to Guido.

The thread below explains it better;
Strikerless Sexy Football - The Dugout Football Manager Community

http://strikerless.wordpress.com/

Plug and play, enjoy.

DgtMAb4.png

cABR0Ky.png

7EJ7Hr9.png

Last edited:
Chrissy Dude it's good to hear from you mate, where the **** have you been lately ;)

on topic Iv'e downloaded the original and yours and I also have veez new striker-less tactic to fill all 3 slots, let the enjoyment begin :)

Been busy on the circuit, not been playing FM14 much at all.

just asking, is the EG or SS more of the striker type, and which is the more creator type

thank you, and please show result/any tips/etc thank you again!!

looking to give this a go but i was wondering if you have filters made for the players?

just asking, is the EG or SS more of the striker type, and which is the more creator type

thank you, and please show result/any tips/etc thank you again!!

EG more creator, SS strikers jut retrain as seen n screensohot.

I have won everything from step 12 in England to the Champions league.

Here is some early screenies

efF7NGh.png

TOdXmj1.png

5zumJ9w.png

MxHcaFX.png

tX0fEYc.png

yGeeLy9.png

And with other sides
Everton winning the league first season.

Vpb7FlZ.png

Match Preparation/training/Opposition Instructions/team talks/Morale

I have the players training high intensity in order to learn tactics only. This is so the tactic becomes fluid as soon as possible. Thereafter, I have the players focusing on defensive positioning.
I use no opposition instructions. I have no player filters to offer either, though I have listed extensive player roles later in the article.

When selecting the team, my only advice is select fit players. No one under 95% should be selected. I normally let the assistant manager do so.

I'm loath to go into team talks etc, as that's mainly "how you play the game" and i'm not one for destroying or dictating folks individual experience. I expect a win assertively at the start or tell them to enjoy. If I am not 3 goals goal I tell them aggressively I expect something better in the second half. If they are 3 goals up I tell them passionately I am happy with what they are doing and to keep it up.

Alternatively, Raikan007 on FM-Base has devoted a thread to this area and its well worth reading. All credit of course goes to him.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...ml#post1712428

I will also state that morale is key to this year's version as it has been in recent years.
The article below is excellent in summing up how this works and I would urge all players to read this.
http://www.guidetofootballmanager.co...-relationships

here's my summary so far ( after the Fulham game ) into the league and with the tactic itself being 40% fluid

View attachment 355914

this is with the original, I haven't used yours yet with it being only 20% fluid but so far though it's looking really good and from the Arsenal game through to the Man City game and Man U game I expected to lose all 3 games with the fluidity being so low.

the games against Man City/U they were very lucky to even get a goal with both goals being scored in the dying minutes of full time but with the tactic getting more fluid every game my boys are starting to gel together and getting better results.

Ill keep you updated on my progress :)

Yeah Guido's version is good. Mines is more exploitive and scumbagish.

Good underdog tactic????

Suppose so. Works for all teams providing you know what you are doing with team talks (aggressive at half time if not three up) , training (retraining players to fit positions and most importantly roles), subs (fitness levels, players ratings and bookings), player selection (not what the ***.man picks) and morale (not too high training, praising wins, good media skills etc).
The tactic itself is one small part of a jigsaw. Unless you play Classic, in which its just plug n play.

Suppose so. Works for all teams providing you know what you are doing with team talks (aggressive at half time if not three up) , training (retraining players to fit positions and most importantly roles), subs (fitness levels, players ratings and bookings), player selection (not what the ***.man picks) and morale (not too high training, praising wins, good media skills etc).
The tactic itself is one small part of a jigsaw. Unless you play Classic, in which its just plug n play.
Well just got Mansfield promoted first season using TFF unreal and was going to use this in conjuction with them 2..

Cheers

now this is really strange, I kept the same players on that were against Chelsea and this happens

View attachment 355827

I don't know whether I should laugh or cry at the ME ;)

View attachment 355826

I guess Cardiff cried lol :)

oh and I forgot to mention against these 3 teams I went on holiday so I would highly suggest you DON'T go on holiday against Bogey teams because when I checked my squad against Chelsea 5 players where from the reserves and 2 from youths oO)

but it doesn't matter now because Carver is getting the boot soon

Sorry, but I seem to have no success with your tweak. Defense is leaky, offense seems incostistent :( Don't know why though, the original works wonders for my Arsenal team. Just managed to defeat Real in CL QF away 3-0. Still thank you very much for showing me Guido's tactic and amazing blog. Cheers