Chrissy's Version of Guido's excellent strikerless theories and tactics.

If the original tactic works wonders then good stuff. Mines works better for teams with BBM cm's and with a quality RGA.

Guido's tactic is awesome, mines is but an imitation and tweak.

Sorry, but I seem to have no success with your tweak. Defense is leaky, offense seems incostistent :( Don't know why though, the original works wonders for my Arsenal team. Just managed to defeat Real in CL QF away 3-0. Still thank you very much for showing me Guido's tactic and amazing blog. Cheers

I had the same experience as Citri

People are getting mixed results with both tactics. That's cool. As long as you find something that works for you. There is so many variables outwith the tactics themselves, that any tactic's results are skewed, be them good or bad.

Also, my version requires players that can realistically fulfil their roles of Regista, BBM etc. A lot of folk square peg a player into a round hole. The site below helps with solving this;
FM 2014 Key Attributes for Each Player Role and Duty • FM 2014 Stories

This years FM has felt like Morale Manager 2014.

i have a 4-2-3-1 tweak of this, it's a mix between guido's and chrissy's tactics plus a striker, nothing special but this is my last result achieved with it
View attachment 353448
never tested in depth with other teams so i don't know if this will work for you but if you want to try here it is
View attachment 353447

Hi Chrissy, great tactic. I notice on the dugout you say this tactic is a bit exploitive. What do you mean by that?

Is it the front 3 of SS-EG-SS?? Only i notice you/guido & statistical approach use this combo

Hi Chrissy, great tactic. I notice on the dugout you say this tactic is a bit exploitive. What do you mean by that?

Is it the front 3 of SS-EG-SS?? Only i notice you/guido & statistical approach use this combo

The forward combo and supporting CWBs cause carnage

Hey Chrissy, bout ye mate, iv only stumbled onto this goldmine, is your enganche a normal or targetman one? excuse my ignorance and **** memory, i have read through the 4 pages but cant ****** remember, sorry mate

Hey Chrissy, bout ye mate, iv only stumbled onto this goldmine, is your enganche a normal or targetman one? excuse my ignorance and **** memory, i have read through the 4 pages but cant ****** remember, sorry mate

Can I respond to that? Seeing as Chrissy based it on my tactic (apparently the name "Guido" was taken), I feel I can elaborate :)

I just tried to copy in a blogpost of mine detailing the role the enganche is supposed to play, but apparently I have too many images and links in it, so let me just refer you to the article instead.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND apparently I cannot link as well.

Brief summary instead...

Basically, we wanted a cross-pollination of the targetman role and the enganche role. In a way, it makes sense, as the enganche already encorporates some of the qualities a targetman is supposed to offer to a team. Mix up the enganche and the targetman and ideally you get the Targetganche™, or the Withdrawn Targetman I want to see in the game. He will hold up the ball and bring his team-mates into play, choosing how and when to pass the ball to maximise the potential of the attacking movement. Because he was supposed to be my Plan B, he would have to offer some physical brutality as well as footballing skills.

In an ideal situation, I would be able to tweak the current enganche role to my likings. Unfortunately, I was unable to make the Targetganche hold up the ball as much as I would like to. Basically, the Targetganche showed two dimensions in his style of play. The first dimension means the Targetganche often takes a touch before quickly passing the ball along, instead of holding it up to ensure players link up or move into advanced positions. The second dimension means the Targetganche chests down the ball or holds it up, allowing the Shadow Strikers to link up.

Thank you for the detailed reply

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

So hopefully i get this right, would ricky Lambert be good for the targetganche ie hes a big ******, has some skills and can play withdrawn as well as up front?

So hopefully i get this right, would ricky Lambert be good for the targetganche ie hes a big ******, has some skills and can play withdrawn as well as up front?

If he can play as an attacking midfielder, yes.

Can I respond to that? Seeing as Chrissy based it on my tactic (apparently the name "Guido" was taken), I feel I can elaborate :)

I just tried to copy in a blogpost of mine detailing the role the enganche is supposed to play, but apparently I have too many images and links in it, so let me just refer you to the article instead.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND apparently I cannot link as well.

Brief summary instead...

Basically, we wanted a cross-pollination of the targetman role and the enganche role. In a way, it makes sense, as the enganche already encorporates some of the qualities a targetman is supposed to offer to a team. Mix up the enganche and the targetman and ideally you get the Targetganche™, or the Withdrawn Targetman I want to see in the game. He will hold up the ball and bring his team-mates into play, choosing how and when to pass the ball to maximise the potential of the attacking movement. Because he was supposed to be my Plan B, he would have to offer some physical brutality as well as footballing skills.

In an ideal situation, I would be able to tweak the current enganche role to my likings. Unfortunately, I was unable to make the Targetganche hold up the ball as much as I would like to. Basically, the Targetganche showed two dimensions in his style of play. The first dimension means the Targetganche often takes a touch before quickly passing the ball along, instead of holding it up to ensure players link up or move into advanced positions. The second dimension means the Targetganche chests down the ball or holds it up, allowing the Shadow Strikers to link up.

this makes perfect sense as to why Sissoko for my Newcastle side was a complete beast in the Enganche role and has the highest rating within my whole squad.

2 shadows strikers with an Beast in the middle OUCH!

speaking off holding up the ball maybe have his PPM set to dictate tempo? this technique is basically the same as holding up the ball.

i have a front 3 of reus sterling and countinho? also have robben and batishyi who would go were?