i got him for 5.75M on my Celtic save. and i havent been overly impressed with him. should i play him as an aml? i have been playing him as an advanced playmaker but in the CM position. i guess it's only his first season so i should give him time? im only in 2012, second season at Celtic, which is why i need to know now whether i should train him to be an attacking midfielder (left).

I have played him as MC-AMC-AML-AMR and he performed best as AMC and AML. I think he lacks strength and defensive skills to play as an MC. As AMR he did quite good as well.

I don't see why you would play him as a CM, he's a much better player as an AML or AMC.

thats purely because of my formation. i dont have an AMC. i play 3 central midfielders, 1 winger, 1 IF and a poacher. but i will now consider training him as an inside forward on the left wing, if thats better suited to him.

I used him as a AMR IF Support an he did very well! You could also try using him as an Adv. Playmaker on the wings

Bought him with Arsenal at the start of the second season. Ajax demanded 21mill. pounds for him and my first thought was "WTF?" - although he'd been named best player of the Euro Cup for Denmark.

Must say he's been superb, pushing Hazard and Wilshere from the AMC spot. I play Wilshere as APM in MC position (although he isn't doing that well there) and then Eriksen as AMC Att.

Bought him with Arsenal at the start of the second season. Ajax demanded 21mill. pounds for him and my first thought was "WTF?" - although he'd been named best player of the Euro Cup for Denmark.

Must say he's been superb, pushing Hazard and Wilshere from the AMC spot. I play Wilshere as APM in MC position (although he isn't doing that well there) and then Eriksen as AMC Att.

Try Wilshere as an IF or the right, works well for me :)

Try Wilshere as an IF or the right, works well for me :)

Cheers for the advice, I'll try that. Wilshere got some sick stats now that he's recovered from his injury but he always seem to end up being mediocre most of the time.

I've painted myself into a corner here, buying Hazard and Eriksen while having Wilshere and Ramsey as well. So many good young players with roughly the same abilities at roughly the same position >.<

4-2-3-1 with Ramsey on central midfield, Wilshere as IF on the right, Eriksen as AMC and Hazard as IF on the left maybe?

I don't see the problem, you can play:

-------------Striker
Eriksen------Hazard-------Wilshere
------Ramsey------MCR

Eriksen as supporting IF or Hazard as Yano said. Or play 3 and just rotate, better fitness and less injuries

Last edited:
Well it is a luxuary problem if any, I admit. I play Hazard on left wing as it is, and he's doing awesome. So no real problem there (except he doesn't make a ton of assists but rather a ton of goals). However I just prefer playing players where they're most optimal, and Eriksen, Hazard and Wilshere all have their best capabilities (intially at least) as AMC.

I haven't tried Wilshere as right wing but my guess is he wouldn't be very optimal? And either way Walcott and lately Chamberlain have been doing quite awesome in that position.

I do use Ramsey as a MC and I guess that is his best position.

Cheers for the advice fellas :)

PS I already play a 4-2-3-1 (although FM insist on calling it 4-3-3) with 2 CM, 1 AMC, 2 very offensive wings and 1 FW. Looks like this:

DR---DC---DC---DL

MC---MC

AMR----AMC----AML

FW

Last edited:
Nice progress, who is tutoring him?

None so far. I usually put Rosicky on my young midfielders when possible but since he's tutoring someone else (a German regen) and the fact that I only just got Eriksen I haven't had to chance.

So everything you see there he gained at Ajax, more or less.

None so far. I usually put Rosicky on my young midfielders when possible but since he's tutoring someone else (a German regen) and the fact that I only just got Eriksen I haven't had to chance.

So everything you see there he gained at Ajax, more or less.

Lol he gained more from cpu training than my training schedule and first time football :p 4 extra points damnit

In my saves he pretty much stays the same except for a few creativity, passing and decision increase. Even in saves where he has a high potential (180 PA), his attribute graph is pretty much same.. Though he plays well, i prefer flashier and technically better players..