Christmas No 1 Dilemma

Ill rather have any Oasis song on, Even the worst Oasis song beats the best of todays songs.

I dont really care what reaches number 1. The music industry is so awful and talentless at the moment. The amount of programs just like x-factor and **** like that, just prove how ***** the industry is at the moment.

You have to go underground / truely independent to find decent music nowadays.

That bird song is dung, reminds me of crazy frogXD

Despite it being released 40 years before crazy frog? XD

I can honestly say, I really don't care, but surely the most 'popular' song at the time should be number one, rather that one backed by an internet campaign.

I felt the same about RATM last year.

I doubt I will be buying any songs over christmas.

Dunc that isn't the point.. The point is Christmas songs are no longer released because of the X Factor, when was the lat time you heard a Christmas song being played in the chart at Christmas? I would imagine about 5 or 6 years ago. There is no way to bring back real Christmas music because the idiots who buy X Factor songs will always outnumber those of us who don't care, at least this way Simon Cowell's ego doesn't grow a little bit more and he knows he cannot monopolize Christmas music, RATM technically was the most popular song at Christmas so really you cannot take it away from them.

Also realistically it was a song backed my an internet campaign versus a poorer song that was backed by a TV campaign. In all fairness it's a miracle that an internet campaign supported by less than 1 million people beat a campaign which had 10-15 millions viewers each week.

Why would a christmas song have to go to number 1 to make it good though?

Its hard to make a decent xmas song, but if you do then you know every year its going to be played in december.

I couldnt name 1 song this year that has been number one, could take an educated guess but I havent listened to a countdown in years.

All these "lets get *** to number 1 instead of Xfactor" is just as bad really. Why not just get Rage Against The Machine to xmas number 1 again?

Dunc that isn't the point.. The point is Christmas songs are no longer released because of the X Factor, when was the lat time you heard a Christmas song being played in the chart at Christmas? I would imagine about 5 or 6 years ago. There is no way to bring back real Christmas music because the idiots who buy X Factor songs will always outnumber those of us who don't care, at least this way Simon Cowell's ego doesn't grow a little bit more and he knows he cannot monopolize Christmas music, RATM technically was the most popular song at Christmas so really you cannot take it away from them.

Also realistically it was a song backed my an internet campaign versus a poorer song that was backed by a TV campaign. In all fairness it's a miracle that an internet campaign supported by less than 1 million people beat a campaign which had 10-15 millions viewers each week.

From what I have heard. Peolpe were buying the RATM song more than once. Alot of people will have also bought it just because it 'was cool at the time', not because they liked it.

Either way, I don't care. I really don't.

X Factor really isn't talented this year XD

And I'm going with Bird is the Word. I'm all for ruining X Factor but the silent song is just ridiculous..

Imagen it though, it would have to be played on the radio and everything haha. On the music channels just silence, people will be so ****** off haha!

Im sorry but i dont think you can beat this.
Beware of the language kiddies.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8"]YouTube - Rubberbandits - Horse Outside[/ame]

Last edited:
I have just downloaded Matt's New Single

What a song !

I will be honest I like Matt but he ruined Biffys song!

Biffy Clyro or Ellie Goulding for number 1 now:p or cage against the machine 4.33 which is supported by The Kooks and Enter Shikari:D

ahahaha number 66, so awesome! wish trashmen had of done it, ive had that song on vinyl for years!

use my arsehole as a ****

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFKBorVwi0I"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

#37 [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyGgX8OxSmY"]YouTube - Corey Taylor X-Mas (Official Video)[/ame]

lol

I dont really care what reaches number 1. The music industry is so awful and talentless at the moment. The amount of programs just like x-factor and **** like that, just prove how ***** the industry is at the moment.

The music industry is excellent at the moment, ignoring retarded reality TV shows which are not a true part of the music industry.
I like a lot of new music now more than ever, because thrash metal is on the rise again :D

the xfactor is mindnumbingly boring and ****
not in love - crystal castles ft robert smith for no. 1

Surfin' Bird is up at Number 3 :| Oh for the love of god don't let it be that.

Honestly I think Matt will get the Number One, he's actually DECENT. If not him, then probably Biffy Clyro, I wouldn't mind if either of those two won.