Civ V

Reaction score
Who's got it, and with it the obvious lack of a social life for the time being?

I may be getting it today, so if I do I'll report back tonight with a review :P

I wasn't going to to but I saw it at my friends house today and was very impressed with it. WIll play demo and then decide to get it or not.

I need to get back to my PC with GTS 250 in order to play it. And Elemental. I <3 TBS games :D

It sounds like washing up liquid :$

as it's in the gaming section i assume its a game :P

what kind of game?

Its a turned based strategy game and has the full name Civilization V. It is one of the most highly acclaimed strategy game of ALL TIME and has a huge fan following. Google for more details :)

From what I've played so far, it's a step up from Civ IV, it's decent for the Civ series, but nothing like Civ II was, comparatively.

I played the demo today (Available on Steam, so go download if you want), unfortunately it only allows you to have 100 turns (But then again, I prefer the early ages on the game). From what I saw, it was good, an improvement from CIV4 in both content and interface, but probably not worth the 30 quid. I'll probably buy it one day when it has a largely reduced price. I.E When it's 15 quid or cheaper.

bought it yesterday and have only played a little bit but am enjoying so far :)

:( ok. will have to download demo and give it a go

From what I've played so far, it's a step up from Civ IV, it's decent for the Civ series, but nothing like Civ II was, comparatively.

Sounds like it is an amazing game. I don't like retro stuff ;)

I played the demo today (Available on Steam, so go download if you want), unfortunately it only allows you to have 100 turns (But then again, I prefer the early ages on the game). From what I saw, it was good, an improvement from CIV4 in both content and interface, but probably not worth the 30 quid. I'll probably buy it one day when it has a largely reduced price. I.E When it's 15 quid or cheaper.

Pretty much what I feel, but I will wait for it to arrive here. It should be available for $20 or less straightaway but if it is not, then I will wait :)

Back