Civ V

Does it support modding like Civ 4 does?

even more so. There is a modding section inside the actual game on the main menu so "you can download mods without ever leaving the game". The makers encourage people to mod it as much as possible

Good game from what I've played of it so far, very enjoyable. Spent about 6 hours on it in the last 24 hours, and the replayability is massive.

Does anyone know how much this will be instore in Game. I looked online and it says £26 i think but instore is usually different

Good game from what I've played of it so far, very enjoyable. Spent about 6 hours on it in the last 24 hours, and the replayability is massive.

TBH, 6 hours can't tell you anything about a Civ game's replayability. More like 60 hours, or 6 days :)

TBH, 6 hours can't tell you anything about a Civ game's replayability. More like 60 hours, or 6 days :)

My two points weren't related, you can tell there is a lot of replayability when scouring through the 'Set up game' menu.

Steam's a son of a *****. The game came today, but both me and my brother want to play it, except it can only be activated with 1 steam account and this can only be logged in at one place. So how might I get around this

A Crack from TPB?

Steam's a son of a *****. The game came today, but both me and my brother want to play it, except it can only be activated with 1 steam account and this can only be logged in at one place. So how might I get around this

A Crack from TPB?

you can't blame steam for wanting to use the same disc and the same serial code to install a game on 2 pcs. you and your bro are jst going to have to share (A)

There is a way for both of you to play. I don't think it is illegal either. No crack or anything. I will mention it if anybody needs it.

hmmmmm mine is deciding not to work. crashes when i get to the movie, anyone got any suggestions? Anyone else having problems? (was working fine yesterday and since I've had it)

never mind fixed it :)

Last edited:
There is a way for both of you to play. I don't think it is illegal either. No crack or anything. I will mention it if anybody needs it.

nevermind, i downloaded a crack off TPB, and backed up all the files that it replaces. It works fine without being logged in to steam now

nevermind, i downloaded a crack off TPB, and backed up all the files that it replaces. It works fine without being logged in to steam now

Why do you work so hard? :P

Just select the "go offline" option from one of the PCs, disable the LAN from it to be sure (if you wish) and you both can play the game :)

Why do you work so hard? :P

Just select the "go offline" option from one of the PCs, disable the LAN from it to be sure (if you wish) and you both can play the game :)

So I can't go on the internet, no thanks

Just got my first completed game via domination. Managed to conquer all 6 other states with the Romans. Took around 360 turns, I think.

I am already imagining all sorts of possibilities once this game arrives here. Praetorians, Elephants, Immortals...*DROOL*

So I can't go on the internet, no thanks

You should have read my post more carefully. Plus, you can think of variations on my suggestion. Anyway, it is not my loss. Enjoy the game :)

Well, it IS a strategy game like AoE but it is a turn based strategy game. It is much more deep as compared to AOE but is obviously much slower than it. You need to play a similar game if you haven't yet, or you can just play the demo.

I've never played a Civ game before but I caved and got this, was up until 6am last night playing it last night. oO)

Back