Mr_Grieves

Reaction score
Been struggling to get into the game this year. Single man saves are easier than ever and shared saves have not kicked off so with NFL finished and F1 a month away i'll try firing up the ultimate journeyman save. Me and Klippybo's near decade-old creation of the champions league challenge.

Basically, you're trying to win the Champions League with all the previous winners. The more teams the better but you are given more points for winning it with the outsiders like Red Star Belgrade & Hamburg than Real Madrid. & Bayern.

I've updated the points scoring system at the bottom as a few teams are better, worse or Barcelona over the past decade.

Contenders
Tier 1, 5pts
Real Madrid

Liverpool
Chelsea

Bayern

Tier 2. 10pts
Man Utd
Juventus
Inter
Barcelona

Squad building to be contenders had pieces
Tier 3, 15pts

Dortmund
AC Milan

Ajax

Major squad building
20pts

Tier 4
Benfica
Marseille
Porto
Aston Villa
PSV

Nothing to work with
Tier 5 - 30pts

Celtic
Feyenoord

Shambles
Tier 6 - 40pts

Hamburg
N Forest

Miracles
Tier 7 - 50pts

Red Star
S Bucharest​

SeasonClubChampions LeagueTrophiesTotal Points
2021/22Man UtdWinnerLeague, Cup, CL10
2022/23JuventusSemi FinalLeague (2) Cup (2)10
2023/24JuventusWinnerLeague (3) Cup (3) CL(2)20
2024/25AC MilanWinnerLeague (4) CL(3) World Club35
2025/26ChelseaWinnerLeague (5) CL(4)40
2026/27DortmundLast 16N/A40
2027/28DortmundWinnerLeague (6) CL (5)55
2028/29Nottm Forest > LiverpoolN/ACup (4) World Club Cup (2)55
2029/30LiverpoolWinnerLeague (7) CL (6)60
2030/31InterWinnerLeague (8) CL (7)70
2031/32Real MadridWinnerLeague (9) CL (8)75
2032/33Porto > BarcelonaSemi FinalN/A75
2033/34BarcelonaWinnerLeague (10) CL (9)85
2034/35Nottm ForestN/AN/A85
2035/36Nottm ForestN/A

Last edited:

Season 1 Man Utd

As a United fan it's imperative i win a title with United while Ronaldo is still in town, not going to happen in real life is it?

With teams in "Win now" mode, i pay no interest to future players. All the investment must be made to make this seasons squad as strong as possible and in doing so maybe doing damage to the long term future of the club but it gives me a 2 season window to win the CL and get away from the club before all the money dries up and players age

MU start.png

Our transfer window sums that up perfectly. Hannibal may be decent in the next few seasons but not now. Any squad players that have no use in the 25 man squad like Fred, Mata and out of shot Phil Jones were moved on while we spent what looks like almost £200m to add Koulibaly, Luis Alberto & Serge Gnabry when in reality were spending under £50m this season but money comes out of the next 2 seasons to pay for our win now squad. The toughest transfer choice left is do we go all in to get Mbappe or chance winning the champions league the first time out?

Squad
Squad 1.png
squad 2.png

So im happy with 23/25 spots. Not sure how good De Gea or Henderson are in the game. Both look average and Wan-Bissaka leaves a lot to be desired and he may be upgraded before August is out with the cash we have left it will be another buy now pay later deal.​

September
Sept.png

First champions league games are in and were 2/2. Almost perfect in the league too but Salah and Liverpool are ahead of us for now.

We added Riccardo Periera as a more attacking right back the week after Dalot was ruled out for 3 months.​

December update

Champions League
CL group.png

Our first campaign is well on track. 6/6 in the group and only conceded 2 goals.

Last 16 Draw
Real Madrid vs Man Utd
CL last 16.png

You have to be kidding me? We get a top 4 team in the last 16.

All Fixtures
FIX.png

Since we drew away to Aston Villa at the start of October we have gone on a 14 game-winning run.

That puts us 4 points clear as we approach Christmas.
PL table.png

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bellingham on loan?

ffs!!!

Ridiculous!!!!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last 16 Stage

1st Leg
Real Madrid 1-2 Man Utd
Last 16 1.png

A close game that was a draw till Harry Maguire thumped home the goal that give us a lead heading back to Old Trafford

2nd Leg
Man Utd 3-1 Real Madrid
Last 16 2.png

Marcus Rashford had a quiet season till he hit a hattrick to knock out Real Madrid and put us in the Quarter Finals

Quarter-Final Draw
Liverpool vs Man Utd
QF Draw.png

The one team i didn't want to face. Got them in the FA Cup too so i envision a very sad update next time out

Other Fixtures
FIX.png

Almost 3 months of domestic football and there were two major red flags in Arsenal beating us on penalties in the League cup and another defeat to Liverpool. My kryptonite it appears. Rocking and rolling through the FA Cup so far without major opposition yet.

League Table
Table.png

Despite losing to Liverpool we are all but league winners so all my focus is on the Champions League although 95% of my attention is there from day 1

Darran we have been friends for many a year yet you continue to disappoint me.

Please, for me, download logos and licensing fix!!!!!

Thanks in advance. (Hopefully)

Kris

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GIES A BAP

I do the l
Darran we have been friends for many a year yet you continue to disappoint me.

Please, for me, download logos and licensing fix!!!!!

Thanks in advance. (Hopefully)

Kris

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GIES A BAP

Never going to bother with picture or logo packs. The licensing fix is done but loose it when updates happen

Champions League Quarter-Finals

1st Leg
Liverpool 2-1 Man Utd
CL1.png

A deserved with for Liverpool. Our least successful visiting spot it seems but at least we return home with just 1 goal to overturn.

2nd Leg
Man Utd 2-0 Liverpool

CL2.png

Two quickfire goals from our Portuguese duo secure the game and the tie. Of all the teams i feared it was Liverpool so to dump them out of two competitions in this month is brilliant

SF Draw
CL SF Draw.png

The best draw possible and our easiest opposition since the groups.

Fixtures
FIx.png

Our worst result of the seasons losing in Liverpool, At Goodison park of all places

League
Table.png

That defeat didn't cost us too much with the title all but wrapped with the Burnley & Newcastle wins.​

Champions League Semi-Final

1st Leg
Man Utd 4-0 Juventus
CL1.png

Juve shot themselves in the foot with a red card for Bonucci in the 7th minute. We turned them over and have one foot and 4 toes in the final

2nd Leg
Juventus 3-1 Man Utd
CL2.png

3-0 down at halftime and i was almost giving birth despite being male. Another goal settled the nerves and a spot in the final against Bayern to secure a treble. Sound familiar?
CL SF Draw.png

Fixtures
FIx.png

We secured the title but didn't break 100 points after resting players over the last month.

Final Table
Table.png

Champions League Final 2022
Bayern Munich vs Man Utd
fin.png

A repeat of the 99 finals where the winner of this tie will win the treble with both sides winning their league & cup
The match was as close as could be with both sides throwing everything at the game. We took a 2 goal lead in the first half-hour with Varane & Sancho back on his level against the German side. They made a strong comeback in the 2nd half with Lewandoski first and then Cabral pulling it level and forcing extra time. Martial came off the bench for extra time only there due to Rashford being injured and scoring what turned out to be the winner. We had a terrifying 3 minutes after Shaw got his second yellow in extra time and was off but we held on to complete the club's 2nd treble.

treble.jpg

Where too next?​

2 Jobs came up before i left Man Utd

Inter
Marseilles

The first was a no brainer. Inter was the aim and a great choice for a 1st team. If only i had not put the Italian league on view only. Activated it for the 2022/23 season which in Italy started on the 30th June. On the 29th Inter hired Zidane. So after a major sigh, i resigned from Man Utd who hired Allegri and thankfully i got the Juve job from him.

Juve start.png

Far from a bad place to go as they won Serie A last season and got to the Champions League Semi-Finals where i knocked them out but only after they were played almost an entire game with 10 men.

Season 2 Juventus
Joining Champions League Semi-finalist and Italian Champions should see me get an instant 2nd shot at winning the Champions League

Once again were in the win-now mode so any money i could gather from the youth or backups goes right into the 25 man squad. Juve is a harder nut to crack with so few of their own players being top players in the game.

Transfers
Juve trnfs.png

Maxi Gomez & David Neres were already signed before i joined. Neres will be key but Gomez is an awful signing considering i then grabbed Haaland for double the price to lead the strikeforce. Kante & Pellegrini were brought in to fill the holes in midfield but we still have some holes to fill but i ran out of money.

Squad
Squad 1.png
squad 2.png

Our first 11 has no clear holes with five 3* players being slightly down on the Man Utd squad. The bench has a solid replacement in every spot so depth should not be a problem. especially upfront.​

September
Fix.png

We were only a 1-1 draw from Fiorentina away from wining every game from the start. We're 3 points clear at the top of Serie A and the Champions League group which is already halfway done with the world cup in November spliting the 22/23 season.​

October

Fixtures
FIx.png

League.png

Two draws but yet we extend our gap to 5 points at the top and remain unbeaten.

Champions League
CL.png

We win 6/6 and ease into the last 16

Last 16 Draw
Shakhtar vs Juventus

last 16 Draw.png

Hopefully, they still exist as a Ukrainian side in real life at this point.

World Cup
WC Final.png

Italy who didn't qualify for this in real life are world champions

England fell at the last 16 losing 5-0 to France, Iran & Venuzuaella got to the quarter-finals​

Last 16 Stage
CL match.png

Two simple wins against the Ukrainian sides see us ease to the quarter-finals. Haaland scored 5 of our 6 goals.

Q/F & S/F draw
Draw.png

We get the toughest Q/F than the defending champions i built in the S/F if we get there. What are Leeds doing here! forgot they even finished top 4 last term

Domestic
Fix.png

We've dropped points once when resting players and still sit 13 points clear at the top of Serie A

Champions League Q/F

1st Leg
Juventus 2-1 Man Utd
QF 1.png

Since away goals don't matter this result is not as tragic as it would have been in the away goal era.

2nd Leg
Man Utd 2-3 Juventus
QF 2.png

What a man this Haaland is. I forgot to put Kante on Ronaldo and he had scored twice in the first 7 minutes. Having sorted that mess out we shut up shop as we should have done in the first leg and let Haaland do his thing to drag us into a Semi-Final with Man City

Domestic.png

The draw with Atalanta has let Lazio close the gap to 11 points. It's still well in our hands but it's a dangerous spot since I'll be overlooking 6 points for the Champions League Semi.​

Semi-Finals

1st Leg
1st Leg.png

I've no idea how we lost this game at all never mind 3-0. Big game for the 2nd leg but Liverpool are definitely in the final winning their first leg 6-0

2nd Leg
2nd Leg.png

We turned it around and had our chances once City went down to 10 men. Haaland hit the bar twice and Moises Kean missed the decisive penalty that denied me the 2nd final in a row.

We waltzed to the league falling just short of the all-time points record
Serie A.png

And thrashed Jose for the Coppa Italia
ITA cup final.png

Squad.png

Haaland is a monster and we'll have another year together in 23/24​

Season 3 Juventus

Juventus have gone out at the semi-finals 2 seasons in a row. Can we pull the Champions league this time?

Our first season here was win now. This is a MUST WIN. Finances i suspect will be knackered from next season & a few players will be crossing the line for age.

Transfers
Transfers.png

We cleared over £100m of backup and reserve players. The dream was to add Van Dijk but once it went over £200m and was rejected i had to pull out. CB is the weakest spot of my spot so exchanging Marquinhos for Milenkovic is a win. Barella was an unnecessary splurge while Luis Diaz has shown what he can do in the premiership. Emil Audero will be our backup keeper and as a former Juve youth player boost our hideously low number of homegrown players to 2.

Squad
Squad 1.png
Squad 2.png

This has moved on with 5 starters now in the team that are huge upgrades making us a top 4 team in Europe.

Champions League Draw
CL draw.png

Barcelona 2nd seeds could pose trouble for the top spot but should be no problem getting through