Clarke named as Liverpool coach

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Former Chelsea and West Ham assistant manager Steve Clarke is appointed first-team coach at Liverpool.

More...

Good news and intriguing for the future. This is not an appointment made by Kenny, nor was it one Mr.Hodgson was pushing for.

As he is a Chelsea legend i have lost a little bit of respect for him for this as i did for Joe Cole. Hope it goes **** up.

Stop being daft.

How is it being daft??? Most proper Chelsea fans feel this way. Its like a former Liverpool legend going to Utd as a coach, you wouldnt be to chuffed either.

Great appointment for Liverpool

How is it being daft??? Most proper Chelsea fans feel this way. Its like a former Liverpool legend going to Utd as a coach, you wouldnt be to chuffed either.
We have accepted Michael Owen...

Last edited:
brian kidd, united assistant manager eventually to city assistant manager, still regarded as a legend. Sparky Hughes was still loved when he was city manager. Schmeichel was still loved when he went to play for city

How is it like a legend going to United? It's like a legend going to Chelsea and most Liverpool fans would be fine with it. United is totally different.

Last edited:
He played for City aswell so this time round it was nothing new.
yes he played for Arsenal and City, two of our biggest rivals and he was accepted back at United and help the club to 4 league titles, has since taken roles at rivals Leeds and City

i have no problem with this guy

Very good appointment IMO, he's a very good man to have as first team coach.

As he is a Chelsea legend i have lost a little bit of respect for him for this as i did for Joe Cole. Hope it goes **** up.

LOL, so it was fine when Clarke went to West Ham but Liverpool is a step too far? ...Yeah sure, you really are a proper Chelsea fan.

brian kidd, united assistant manager eventually to city assistant manager, still regarded as a legend. Sparky Hughes was still loved when he was city manager. Schmeichel was still loved when he went to play for city

Its just the way i feel and alot of Chelsea fans do too. The same way Liverpool feel about Owen. The same way Arsenal feel about Ashley Cole etc etc.

How is it like a legend going to United? It's like a legend going to Chelsea and most Liverpool fans would be fine with it. United is totally different.

Chelsea hate Liverpool more than many at this present moment. Dare i say even more than maybe Spurs and Utd.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Very good appointment IMO, he's a very good man to have as first team coach.

LOL, so it was fine when Clarke went to West Ham but Liverpool is a step too far? ...Yeah sure, you really are a proper Chelsea fan.

What is that suppost to mean??? Like i stated Chelsea hate Liverpool more than most at this moment in time.

Chelsea hate Liverpool more than many at this present moment. Dare i say even more than maybe Spurs and Utd.

That's their own problem, they should deal with it. I really don't see where Chelsea are getting this hatred from.

That's their own problem, they should deal with it. I really don't see where Chelsea are getting this hatred from.
Still bitter about Luis Garcia's pefectly legit goal - boo hoo

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Oh im sorry, are you on many of the forums or know many local supporters?
thats a poor apology, not at all sincere