Stann

please stay StevieP! <3
Reaction score
Clinical Possession-(DOWNLOAD NOW)

I haven't been around much on FMBase recently, but have created what I deem to be a very good tactic, all be it without much variation of testing, but have catapulted my Stade Maelherbe Caen team to 6 points clear at the top of Ligue 1 bu December, with some outstanding results and performances shown below.

View attachment 205815View attachment 205816View attachment 205817View attachment 205818View attachment 205819

The tactic is very solid defensively which is always my starting point in terms of creation. You may think how is this so, seeing as the team uses two attacking wing backs, to create vital width for an otherwise narrow middle four. Under team instructions, I have increased the width to help give support to these wingbacks, who I warn you, must have excellent stamina! I have Romario of Vitoria, and Fabio (United) as mine, and they work very well, both very comfortable getting forward, and fit etc. The next important position is Anchorman, as I'm sure you know, every successful team needs a goodun. Damien Marcq is mine, and he has been superb, winning next to every tackle, even though he is not the most gifted or combative of players. Just must have a high work rate, determination etc. Casemiro I also use, from Sao Paulo. You're two central midfield players must be creative and know how to pick a pass. I have a few including Jano, Alexandre Coeff, James Mccarthy and Tom Cleverly. They are all technical players, unlike the Anchorman, and provide the ability in midfield to spark moves higher up and bring the WB's into play. Likewise the AMC should be able to take players on and pick a pass, I am lucky enough to have two superb AMC's in Hazard and Dudu. Finally on to you're strikers, I believe you have some flexibility here, because all four of my strikers have been banging the goals in, even though they're all completely different players. Niang and Marilungo I use primarily who play brilliantly together, with Kadlec and a decent little regen called Pinoqiuo playing second fiddle, very well indeed.

I would say this is a plug and play tactic even though I do have shouts that tend to work should people be struggling. I do fine without them though.

In terms of game domination, I have found in 95% of my games this season, sheer domination in every aspect, bar possession. On more occasions than not the team will have less possession than the other team, but what they do with the possession is far more important, and the clear cut chances created are at a premium.

I don't want to go on forever, just think it's best if you try it out and let me know what you think, but I do highly rate this and I wouldn't have bothered wasting my time if I didn't think so, so holla back, and best of luck.

Last edited:
Over 4 seasons, probably around £100M. Every transfer I make is in monthly installments though, which makes it sound like a lot more than it is. It is uploaded now, click on the big writing at the top. Good luck.

Give some feedback please guiys

You might want to be clearer on the point that the header is also à download link. Not all people Will look at the last line in the forth post ;)

You might want to be clearer on the point that the header is also à download link. Not all people Will look at the last line in the forth post ;)

Point taken. Any better?

Had in mind playing something similar with my San Marino challenge ;)
Gonna give you feedback after the pre-season friendlies

do you use touchline or OI ?

I do sometimes use touchline if losing, but I haven't seen much difference with them. Exploit the middle and work ball into box usually. I have my assistant manager do OI so yeah kind of, find that does the trick. Good luck.

What size pitch?

I have standard, but I suppose narrow would be most logical, yet the WB's do offer some good width, so probably stick with standard or narrow..

Had in mind playing something similar with my San Marino challenge ;)
Gonna give you feedback after the pre-season friendlies

Cool, that should be a challenge!

So....

Tried it, like it, still using it, but....

First of all, had to change attacking corner part of the tactic since my attackers are struggling to score. The tactic itself is stable in defense, and everything you wrote down is true. You really gotta have good FBs / WBs (great physical attributes with very good technical ones). Since i dont have top class full backs / wing backs i find myself dropping in performance during second half (thats not the tactic fault, i just dont have adequate players).

Also gotta mention that i tried tweaking a bit since i dont have adequate players on board (as mentioned before). Not only i lack
physicaly strong FBs but also lack BBM midfielder :). (Rotating Mathias Cardacio and Lucas Dosek, they can play it but are not great at it.... ). IMO thats the third or the fourth most important player in this tactic along side FBs.

And one more thing i can't seem to improve, cant get my attackin midfielder more involved :(

That being said... i still havent lost a single game :D !!!

On a 18 game victory run (including preseason friendlies) only 1 draw against Cesena :).

Gonna keep on using this tactic to see how it goes in the second part of the season.

Fixtures so far

Ace! Thanks for the feedback, looks like you're having some good results. Yeah even my top WB's end up getting taken off after 60 minutes, that really is a key.

Possibly try making the AMC a trequarista, that might get him more involved, but I'm not sure why that's happening, mine has made 25 assists and 10 goals this season.