how the f*ck did you get Kris Commons at Clyde?

Well I'm in the 5th season now so he's 34 and his physicals are pretty poor. Still has his technical and mental stats so should be a decent player for this level. Not too impressed with his start nut he never had a pre-season so I'm hoping he'll pick up.

Gonna' have to give this a crack myself with a different Scottish League Two side... Looks like a whole lotta' fun!

Clyde FC
Season 5 -Mid-Season Update

View attachment 451881

Fixtures:

View attachment 451880

A pretty tough start to life in the Championship but we've slowly improved and started picking up more points, especially after switching tactics to W4NKER's 4-4-2 tactic in mid December.

Cup Fixtures:

View attachment 451879

A nice run in the challenge cup was ended in the semi finals against Dunfermline but we're still in the Scottish Cup and just 1 round away from the 1/4 finals.

Player Stats:

View attachment 451878

Bit disappointed with Kris Commons' performances but the strike partnership of Dobbie and Gray is starting to look the business. Really need new fullbacks but doubt I'll be able to afford any in January.

League Table:

View attachment 451877

I think we're already pretty safe from the threat of relegation but we still have a very slim chance of making a late push for the playoffs. We are 11 points behind 4th place but with 15 points to go there is plenty of games for us to make up them points if we can keep up our form from December...

Next update will be an end of season review, can we make a late push for the playoffs or will we have to settle for mid table mediocrity?..

Clyde FC
Season 5 Review

View attachment 451098

Fixtures:

View attachment 451096

As with the first half of the season, I felt we were continually improving as the season went on despite a couple of little blips in form here and there. Unfortunately, our start of the season left us too much to do in terms of trying to reach the playoffs. However, a 6th place finish in our first season in the division is nothing to be ashamed of. I think we're only 1 or 2 key players away from challenging for promotion next year...

Cup Fixtures:

View attachment 451095

Another strong performance in the Scottish Cup, with a relatively nice draw helping us reach the quarter final where we bowed out to QOS. I was slightly disappointed not to make the Semi's as a trip to Hamden would have been great for our dodgy finances, but it was not to be.

Player of the season - Stephen Dobbie

View attachment 451097

13 goals, 17 assists and 6 MOM's in 44 starts for Dobbie in his first season for us and I'm hoping he'll continue that form into next season!

Player Stats:

View attachment 451094

Pretty happy with Stuart Gray getting 20 goals in his first season as a 20 year old, and Kris Commons certainly improved from his less than average start to have a decent season overall.

League Table:

View attachment 451091

We only ended up 12 points behind the leaders which is hard to believe considering our start of the season. The bad news is Partick won their playoff so there is 2 teams coming down from the SPL in St Johnson and Kilmarnock, which may make our promotion push harder next season...

Next update will be a season 6 preview, can we push for promotion in the promise land of the SPL?..

Clyde FC
Season 6 - Preview:

View attachment 450748

Transfers:

View attachment 450747

Over the summer I was expecting another routine transfer window but it was made into my most difficult window so far due to the fact we had our wage budget from last season cut significantly. Even after releasing players we were around 1.5k over our budget. This meant I had to sell my most valuable assest Brian Taggert to Hearts for 375k so I could afford to release a couple of high earners to give me some wage budget to work with. Here are the two major outgoings...

View attachment 450730View attachment 450729

On the incoming side I had to really search for quality players who were only wanting low wages or loan signings who were on low wages so I could afford to cover some of their wages. Overall, I'm very happy with the signings made and I think we do have a chance of making at least the playoffs. Here are the incoming players...

View attachment 450722View attachment 450723View attachment 450724View attachment 450725View attachment 450726View attachment 450721

Squad:

View attachment 450717

First 11:

View attachment 450716

Commons has a fight on his hand for his place on the left wing as I like the look of the left winger I brought in on loan, but I'll give him the chance to keep up his strong form from the end of last season. Not much difference from last year but I feel I have more quality down the wings and better depth in quality in general. Hoping to find one more quality player to bring in either on loan or on a free as I have a little bit left in the wage budget!

Next update will be another mid-season review. Can we have a better start than last year and give ourselves a chance of pushing for promotion to the SPL in the second half of the season?

Hope you have a better start this season mate, if you do, maybe a cheeky push for promotion, though it will be tough. :D

Hope you have a better start this season mate, if you do, maybe a cheeky push for promotion, though it will be tough. :D

Cheers mate, I think we can get promoted this season but it might come down to staying injury free because we don't have a massive squad.

Clyde FC
Season 6 - Review

View attachment 449645

Fixtures:

View attachment 449643View attachment 449642

Ok, I got a bit excited playing this season and I forgot to do a mid-season update so I'll just do it all in one! As you can probably see from the screenshots we managed to win the Championship and in doing so win our first piece of silverware since joining Clyde. It was a tough season and really threatened to derail towards the end of the season as injuries took a hold of the squad, but luckily we were able to crawl over the line!

Cup Fixtures:

View attachment 449640

A poor showing in all of the cups this season, but they weren't really our priority anyway! The only positive to take from these is the fact we got an away tie against Rangers which helped our insecure finances!

Player of the Season - Stuart Gray

View attachment 449638

22 goals, 11 assists and 5 MOM's from the young Northern Irish striker helped propel us to the league title. Not 100% confident he'll make the step up to the SPL but he'll defiantly be a part of our squad next season.

Player Stats:

View attachment 449635

Not many players averaging over 7 again this season, which I find strange for a team that won the league. Is it just the standard of the league or is it a feature of this years game that average ratings are seemingly a lot lower than last year?

League Table:

View attachment 449628

Only a last minute goal on the last day of the season against Kilmarnock stopped them from overtaking us and winning the league. They then got to the playoff final against Hibs of the SPL but lost 2-1 on aggregate after drawing the first leg 1-1 away from home. Just goes to show how small the margins can be in the lower leagues so I'm hoping we don't ever have to play down there again!

Other News:

1) Our scouting range is expanded to be able to scout across Europe.

View attachment 449631

2) Our finances are not looking to too great and are classed as 'insecure'.

View attachment 449630

3) Despite this, the board decide to spend ?2,000,000 on undersoil heating on the stadium we don't even own
XD

View attachment 449629

Next update will be a season 7 preview, will we be able to make any decent SPL quality signings despite our poor financial situation?

I think next season may be a tough one. Currently got 13 players left in the squad and have only been give a wage budget of 9k a week for the SPL! That means I've got around 1.9k a week left to try and fill around 9 or 10 squad places... :S

I think next season may be a tough one. Currently got 13 players left in the squad and have only been give a wage budget of 9k a week for the SPL! That means I've got around 1.9k a week left to try and fill around 9 or 10 squad places... :S
****! How have the youth intakes been? Any players coming through?

****! How have the youth intakes been? Any players coming through?

Haha, had one or two decent strikers. Try to improve junior coaching etc whenever I get the chance so I do now have 'good junior coaching' but only one player has made it in and around the first team which is this guy. He'll probably be a backup striker next season but I suppose it depends who we can sign with our awful wage budget!

View attachment 449572

Haha, had one or two decent strikers. Try to improve junior coaching etc whenever I get the chance so I do now have 'good junior coaching' but only one player has made it in and around the first team which is this guy. He'll probably be a backup striker next season but I suppose it depends who we can sign with our awful wage budget!

View attachment 430716

He looks pretty decent, as Rangers already have those sorts of facilities time i came in around 5 seasons in they had 5 or 6 players from the academy in the first team and squad, good luck, love getting all the free transfers on these sorts of saves!

Clyde FC
Season 7 - Preview

View attachment 449354

Transfers:

View attachment 449351

First of all we were able to stretch our awful 9k a week wage budget to a slightly less awful 12k a week with lowering the players win bonus, selling Alex Mitchell to Southampton for 24k and convincing the board to give us a little bit extra after the SPL TV money was announced.

Onto the incoming transfers, we signed three very experienced players on free transfers in Nico Kranjcar, Rocco Quinn and Cammy Bell. Bell will start in goal for us and Quinn will probably be one of our two first choice DM's, however Kranjcar will only be a backup left winger and give me an option at AMC if I choose to change the formation up.

View attachment 449338View attachment 449337View attachment 449336

The next 4 signings here are 3 youngsters we brought in on loan (We did bring in 4 but have cancelled one). Needham and Jennings will both go into the first 11 in their respective positions despite being nothing special, but Weller may have to fight for a first team spot despite looking very good as I would prefer to develop a couple of our own promising strikers up front ahead of him.

View attachment 449335View attachment 449334View attachment 449333

My main two signings however were found when I went scouring the national teams of some of the smaller footballing nations for free transfers. Firstly, I found a Honduran right back who my scouts believe is a 'decent SPL right back' with the potential to become a 'star SPL right back' and then my favorite signing has to be Australian striker Jack Lowe. My scouts believe he is already a 'leading SPL striker' and at the age off 22 he could potentially lead the line for us for the next 9 or 10 season!

View attachment 449332View attachment 449331

Squad:

View attachment 449329

Our squad is very small and we only have the money to bring in one more player which will be a second choice goalkeeper. It was always going to be a hard job to strike the balance between making the squad big enough to cope but also finding enough quality to help survive in the league but I think we may just have enough to stay up this season. However, a lot will depend on our luck with injuries!

First 11:

View attachment 449328

Much change from last season and I have decided to give Bonner the nod ahead of last season's player of the year Stuart Gray since he has more potential and came through the clubs youth academy. However, there is plenty of competition for places up top and if the midfield can give us enough supply we should score plenty of goals!

Other News:

1) Club finances are starting to look a lot better and we're even projected to make money for once this season!

View attachment 449326

2) Season Ticket holders have jumped from about 200 last season to 1,730 this season and our early season attendances have been encouraging, particularly a packed capacity crowd of 8,006 for the opening day of the season against Rangers.

View attachment 449325

Not sure when the next update will be. Now that we're finally in the SPL I'm going to try and give more updates and go into more detail about how the club is progressing both on and off the pitch. I think I'll probably update how we're getting on around the start of November, but I suppose we'll just see how it goes...:D

Keep up the good work mate. Look forward to next installment. :D

Clyde FC
Season 7 - Update 1: August - October

View attachment 449142

Fixtures:

View attachment 449141

We've adapted pretty well to life in the SPL however,as predicted, injuries and suspensions have threatened to tear our season apart in the last few weeks. We've lost our last three in the league and got knocked out of the League Cup in the quarter finals against Championship side Dunfermline. For some games I've only had 14 senior players to choose from, and no full backs! Luckily we did get on a roll earlier in the season and got some great results, the highlight of which probably being a stunning fightback from 4-1 down away to Dundee United to draw 4-4...

Player of the Update - Jack Lowe

View attachment 449136

The Australian has adapted to life in Scotland brilliantly, notching up 7 goals and 2 assists in 11 games.

Player Stats:

View attachment 449135

Malky Bonnar has really impressed as the poacher alongside Lowe, and this could be a partnership which tears up the SPL in a couple of seasons when they're fully developed. Kris Commons has proved he still has the quality to play in the SPL despite waning physically and center back Steven Davis is giving some impressive performances at the age of just 21.

League Table:

View attachment 449127

9 points ahead of the relegation place and just 2 points ahead of relegation playoff place. I think we can stay well clear of relegation with 1/2 signings or just injury free. Lets hope the board back us a little in January!

Other News:

1)
I manage to get the board to increase our junior coaching once again, and it has now reached an excellent level.

View attachment 449126

Next update will be at the end of January, can we stay out of the relegation places or will be forced to endure a relegation battle in the second half of the season?..

Congrats on makingit to the SPL, bud! Looking pretty positive so far, too!

Congrats on makingit to the SPL, bud! Looking pretty positive so far, too!

Thanks mate, just need to work my way through the injury crisis and hopefully get given a bit of extra wages to spend next season as we can attract some very good youngsters from abroad now but we just don't have a big enough wage budget yet.

Clyde FC
Season 7 - Mid-Season Review:

View attachment 448908

Fixtures:

View attachment 448907

We've managed to fight our way through the busy winter period, just picking up enough points to keep us a comfortable distance away from the relegation zone. I was pretty disappointed to go out of the Scottish cup at home to Hamilton in the 4th round, but at least it helps avoid any more injuries and fatigue within our small squad.

Player of the update - Jack Lowe

View attachment 448906

I know we only signed him in the summer but I'm already worrying about how long it will be before a bigger club comes sniffing after him. He's a class above the rest of our team and we'd probably be a lot worse off this season without him...

Player Stats:

View attachment 448905

Young Honduran right back Martinez has been showing some promise in an injure prone season for himself and Steven Davis is proving to be reliable at the back.

Transfers:

View attachment 448904

Firstly we managed to sell backup keeper Miller to Newcastle and also get rid of the walking red card Stuart Kettlewell on loan to Palace. I then decided to terminate the contract of Haitian left back Jean-Francois as he was just to injury prone and his wages could got towards another more reliable player.

This meant I had two major areas that needed strengthening, left back and defensive midfield. I also needed a young backup keeper on low wages, which I managed to pull through on deadline day. I managed to bring in two youngsters on loan and I got Mattieu Flamini on a free transfer who should still be able to do a decent job in the SPL, despite his age. Here are the 4 players brought in...

View attachment 448901View attachment 448900View attachment 448898View attachment 448897

League Table:

View attachment 448894

A comfortable 10 points above Partick in 11th with 14 games to go, we shouldn't be getting relegated from here. Of course, a couple of injuries to key players and it could all go wrong so we can't get complacent!

Other News:

1) The Club was nearly taken over by a consortium however they pulled out due to the fact they didn't have neough money to complete the deal. However, the chairman is still looking to leave so there may be movement on this front by the next update.

View attachment 448878

Next update will probably be after the league split, which is after 33 games. However, I might just update at the end of the season if there is not much to play for after the split.