Cole 'wanted to join Tottenham'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the Redknapp haters on this thread. Hate comes from jealousy I suppose. He is no worse than half the managers that spout off for the media.

The hate stems from the fact he single-handedly destroyed Portsmouth and Southampton. :$

Redknapp is the most corrupt man in the english game!!!

I take it you discounted your own owner from any argument when you made that statement?

Seriously though, I can see why Cole joined Liverpool -- a good contract; a team that hasn't turned terrible overnight and stands a chance of climbing the table with a few additions; a club with a fine world wide history and famous fans (European nights at Anfield are renowned as some of the best in football); and the real possibility that, if Cole stays fit and performs to the best of his abilities, he could go down in English football folklore as the man who helped Liverpool back to the pinnacle. There are so many reasons why this deal is good for Joe Cole.

Check out the Redknapp haters on this thread. Hate comes from jealousy I suppose. He is no worse than half the managers that spout off for the media.

Jealous of what? his ability to convince Joe Cole...ohh wait.

Seriously though, you have to admit that he is one of, if not the worst for spouting off **** or stirring the preverbial pot.

Nobody is questioning his managerial ability.

Seriously though, you have to admit that he is one of, if not the worst for spouting off **** or stirring the preverbial pot.

I agree, 'Arry does suffer from 'Diarrhoea of the Mouth' when a microphone is put in front him :)

I take it you discounted your own owner from any argument when you made that statement?

Seriously though, I can see why Cole joined Liverpool -- a good contract; a team that hasn't turned terrible overnight and stands a chance of climbing the table with a few additions; a club with a fine world wide history and famous fans (European nights at Anfield are renowned as some of the best in football); and the real possibility that, if Cole stays fit and performs to the best of his abilities, he could go down in English football folklore as the man who helped Liverpool back to the pinnacle. There are so many reasons why this deal is good for Joe Cole.

roman has been checked time and time again and guess what no problems. redknapp distroys teams with huge wages and massive spending.

roman has been checked time and time again and guess what no problems. redknapp distroys teams with huge wages and massive spending.

Point one, lol. Point two, are you sure? I didn't know 'Arry was the financial director at his former clubs...

Coming from a Chelsea fan? Seriously?

the difference is we can afford to pay these wages. he signed players for over the odds and on massive wages at pompey and looked what happend. everyone he touches goes bust.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Point one, lol. Point two, are you sure? I didn't know 'Arry was the financial director at his former clubs...

point 1 what more do you want and point 2 its well known that redknapp is a manager that likes to be hugely involved in his transfers he always has been.

Nah mate. He's a decent enough manager when financially backed. Bit dodgy but then that's for the courts to rule on. And if a board is stupid enough to give him the keys to the safe, then it's not like he hasn't got prior form.

It's just amusing for him to come out with this line. Either Spurs couldn't afford it, and he's lying about transfers to appease you lot, or Spurs made an offer and Cole still decided to move to Liverpool over Spurs. Same with Wilson by all accounts.

He gets a lot of positive press without a lot of scrutiny because he's always ready to give a quote. Mutual appreciation society with some members of Fleet Street. This time he's just made himself sound like a bit of a bell.

If you lot actually read the article properly Harry states "He wanted to come to Spurs. He'd made his mind up - I had no doubt. But a month went by and Liverpool moved in."

He is stating that before Liverpool moved in he wanted to come to Spurs. SO AT ONE POINT IN TIME HE DID WANT TO JOIN TOTTENHAM. Thats not making Harry look a bell end. Jeez peoople need to read articles properly.

To be honest, I'm not that bothered, we have Cole, he's our player. Not Spurs
@IanC yeah I read it, but he's still a **** :D

you cant blame him for signing expensive players if he's given the money.
But he is the fountain of eternal bullshit at times.
Good manager though.

To be honest, I'm not that bothered, we have Cole, he's our player. Not Spurs
@IanC yeah I read it, but he's still a **** :D

Im not saying Im jealous Cole went to Liverpool. He has more chance of regular football there.

Most people on here see the main headline on the opening thread and judge their opinion on that. Thats why plenty of quotes on here is Harry being a ****, bell end, **** etc. Thats what ****** me off.

the difference is we can afford to pay these wages. he signed players for over the odds and on massive wages at pompey and looked what happend. everyone he touches goes bust.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

point 1 what more do you want and point 2 its well known that redknapp is a manager that likes to be hugely involved in his transfers he always has been.

It is quite well known Roman has had some dodgy dealings with the Russian Mafia and government like many other of the Russian billionaires.

If you lot actually read the article properly Harry states "He wanted to come to Spurs. He'd made his mind up - I had no doubt. But a month went by and Liverpool moved in."

He is stating that before Liverpool moved in he wanted to come to Spurs. SO AT ONE POINT IN TIME HE DID WANT TO JOIN TOTTENHAM. Thats not making Harry look a bell end. Jeez peoople need to read articles properly.

Was that before or after Redknapp was giving interviews saying he hadn't a clue where Cole was going? Before or after Redknapp was on every media outlet possible professing a deep and undying love for Cole?

Honestly, he's a media tart who'll say anything to give the hacks a quote. Sometimes it bites him on the **** and he looks like a bell. Kind of like when he was offered Shevchenko, arranged a friendly to watch him, and then said he was **** and not worth signing (this was Shevchenko in 1993 at the top of his game). Or admitting that he'd signed Marc Boogers from watching a video compilation sent by his agent. Or signing Robbie Keane back from Liverpool for only 1 million less than we paid for him.

*shrug*

I kind of like him because of that. Because he's this absolute catastrophe who trundles round English football, always on the make, always spending money which his clubs can't really afford (read that article again about he wants to spend even more money at Spurs and build on what is already a pretty huge squad!) but only ever keeping his mouth shut when he's changing which foot to put in it. True great of the modern game. He'll be knighted for his services to football one day.

Was that before or after Redknapp was giving interviews saying he hadn't a clue where Cole was going? Before or after Redknapp was on every media outlet possible professing a deep and undying love for Cole?

Honestly, he's a media tart who'll say anything to give the hacks a quote. Sometimes it bites him on the **** and he looks like a bell. Kind of like when he was offered Shevchenko, arranged a friendly to watch him, and then said he was **** and not worth signing (this was Shevchenko in 1993 at the top of his game). Or admitting that he'd signed Marc Boogers from watching a video compilation sent by his agent. Or signing Robbie Keane back from Liverpool for only 1 million less than we paid for him.

*shrug*

I kind of like him because of that. Because he's this absolute catastrophe who trundles round English football, always on the make, always spending money which his clubs can't really afford (read that article again about he wants to spend even more money at Spurs and build on what is already a pretty huge squad!) but only ever keeping his mouth shut when he's changing which foot to put in it. True great of the modern game. He'll be knighted for his services to football one day.

Or maybe its the fact he is probably one of the most approachable managers in the league and will give a honest response when a reporter asks him for a quote. Have you thought about that for a second instead of slating him. No did not think so.
Mourinho was far a more media ***** than Harry yet they knew also he would give them a good quote just like Harry does.

How many managers have Liverpool had that have made disastrous decisions on transfers as well. You had Souness. Every manager makes a mistake in the transfer market.

I cant understand why people get so wound up over with what Harry says anyway. Its not like it affects their own personal lives in any way shape or form.

Last edited:

He obviously didn't. If he had wanted to join Tottenham, then when Liverpool 'moved in' he would've told them to get lost. He didn't and Tottenham couldn't afford/didn't want to pay the wages that would've convinced him to join. In other words, he wanted to join Spurs until a better offer came along, then he quickly changed his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back