Cole 'wanted to join Tottenham'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
dont worry mate whatever club redkanpp is in charge of falls under his spell of good results and good signings but when the results start going against them the **** really hits the fan.

which is more to do with bad financial management than harry redknapp. redknapp may have done some *things* in his time (all of which are still to be proven), but i'm pretty sure he didn't force all these clubs into the mire -- surely that is the fault of the people above him for getting their maths wrong?

which is more to do with bad financial management than harry redknapp. redknapp may have done some *things* in his time (all of which are still to be proven), but i'm pretty sure he didn't force all these clubs into the mire -- surely that is the fault of the people above him for getting their maths wrong?

bournemouth - west ham - southampton - portsmouth!!! all had financial difficaulties once redknapp left its not a great track record.

lol, redknapp is not in a position to bankcrupt anyone -- bad financial management corrupts teams. harry wanted to sign david james for spurs -- levy said no, due to the fact James is nearing retirement and would have no sell-on value etc... this is better financial management. If you can't cover or recoup what the manager wants to spend, then you don't spend it.

bournemouth - west ham - southampton - portsmouth!!! all had financial difficaulties once redknapp left its not a great track record.

fml...really getting sick and tired of people repeating this drivel.

He helped Pompey is anything, he brought players in on the cheap, and then they sold them on for a profit of 77m ish.

If they don't have the money to spend, then it's the chairmans fault, not the Manager, the chairmen approves the signings, the Manager just asks for them. :S

fml...really getting sick and tired of people repeating this drivel.

He helped Pompey is anything, he brought players in on the cheap, and then they sold them on for a profit of 77m ish.

If they don't have the money to spend, then it's the chairmans fault, not the Manager, the chairmen approves the signings, the Manager just asks for them. :S

I agree, if a chairman gives Redknapp free reign over transfers then they get what the deserve and Redknapp shouldn't have too look after the financial side of things as it's not his job, having said that I think saying that he helped Pompey is abit far as they were royally screwed after he left with dire financial problems that were almost certainly from players wages + transfers. It might not have been his fault be he deffinately didn't help them

I don't dislike Rednapp because of his managment because I think he's quite good, I dislike him because he is an awful human.

I love the spurs fans licking Arry's ****, when all other people are saying is the truth...

i find it funny that it's pretty well known that Liverpool weren't putting the highest offer on the table for Cole, the London clubs such as Spurs and West Ham were offering him more than us, so all this "he moved when Liverpool offered him more" is absolute nonsense.

Also, i'm pretty sure negotiations only take a couple of days to complete, not a month, if he wanted to go to Tottenham, why a month later has he joined Liverpool? odd that. :)

I love the spurs fans licking Arry's ****, when all other people are saying is the truth...

i find it funny that it's pretty well known that Liverpool weren't putting the highest offer on the table for Cole, the London clubs such as Spurs and West Ham were offering him more than us, so all this "he moved when Liverpool offered him more" is absolute nonsense.

Also, i'm pretty sure negotiations only take a couple of days to complete, not a month, if he wanted to go to Tottenham, why a month later has he joined Liverpool? odd that. :)

for gods sake.....

Liverpool supposedly offered 90k for four years

Spurs offered 65k for 3 years as we havea salary cap of 65k.

And the negotiations took far longer as he was at the world cup...Remember?:S and he said he didnt want to decide anythign until he got back *facepalm*

Joe Cole didn't join Spurs a month ago because he was keeping his options open -- Liverpool came along and offered him a better deal, more chance of regular football and the opportunity to reignite one of the country's most valuable clubs.

I know Harry has his faults and I can see why people dislike him -- but to say he bankcrupted teams can't be the truth. If it is, then there's some pretty stupid people working above football managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back