Mr Langvatn

Reaction score
Updated 30.03.2015: Results from the first contribution have come in! Pavleg made several changes, including set pieces, and ended up boosting goal difference by 10! Come on guys :) We need more contributions! :)

TACTICGFCGFGAGDH. PtsA.PtsT.Pts
Mr Langvatn's original3613257+75534699
Pavleg’s tweak4612742+85534598

Abbreviations:
GFC: Goals from corners
GF: Goals for
GA: Goals against
GD: Goal difference
H.Pts: Home points
A.Pts: Away points
T.Pts: Total points

Community event!

I just had a great idea! Remember how the tripletweak tactics got "born" in FM13? That was because a lot of people started trying to tweak the Rock Classic in numerous ways. What if we take that to the next level, and at the same time making a fun community event out of it?

I share my custom database, and give you the instructions that are needed to do the test right :)

Make your tweaks to the "Mr Langvatn 4-2-4 Gung-Ho Madness" tactic and post screenshots of post-season results here in this thread. I will then add your results to a table at the front page, and I will update every day with your contributions :)

Some information about the database

The test team is my own created English national team. The players range from 140 to 160 CA (real players). There are players enough to match any formation (if you go for a slight formation change in your tweak). In the custom database I have beefed up 9 opposition teams in the EPL: Man City, Arsenal, Newcastle, Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham, Chelsea, Southampton. They have all gotten 2-3 world class players added to their squads. Example: Messi and Suarez at Liverpool. Ronaldo and Vidal at Man Utd, etc.

Media prediction for the team is 7th.

Other tweaks to the database:

- Set test team reputation to 6450
- Set "consistency"on all players to 20
- Set "injuru proneness" on all players to 1
- Set all injuries in total to have minimum chance of happening
- Reduced Rooney's CA from 170 to 160

Test instructions

1. Load the saved game file.
2. Load the tactic "Mr Langvatn 4-2-4 Gung-Ho Madness", and make your tweak(s) to it
2. Use FMRTE editor to set the tactic 100% fluid
3. Use FMRTE to "freeze" the players' morale and fitness
(If you don't have FMRTE, you can either buy it for 5 dollars or ask around for a key. When one buys FMRTE, he gets 3 activations. So there are many people who might have activations to spare.)
4. Holiday mode between every match (holiday until next match option)
5. No talking to any players allowed (no man management whatsoever)
6. Don't change any settings in staff responsibilities
7. Don't change training
8. Don't change anything other than the tactic itself!
9. Let the assistant manager pick the starting eleven every match
10. Download instant result button: Default FM15 skin with Instant Result
11. Use instant result with no match plan
12. If you want, you can holiday through the cup matches, as these will not be considered in the table here.

12. SET THESE OI'S (or tinker with them if you want, but without these, the tactic doesn't work at all in its current state):
View attachment 288557

Good luck guys! :D I hope a new "tripletweak" gets born! :)

View attachment 288565View attachment 288564View attachment 288563

Test template savefile:
Zippyshare.com - England Test Base.fm

When you upload the results (screenshots), make sure to include:

- Goals from corners
- League table
- Home table
- Away table

How to set up FMRTE:

1. Load the game
2. Load the game in FMRTE
3. Search for "England National Team", and double click it when it comes up
4. Click the tab "England"
5. Click "Match Preparation"
6. Drag the sliders to 100%
7. Click "Save changes" (up in the corner, second button from the left)
8. Click "Teams"
9. Mark all the players in your team and then click "Freeze selected"
10. Click "Save changes" again
11. Let FMRTE run while you play through the test, or else it will not freeze the players
12. Don't touch anything more in FMRTE until the season is finished
smile.gif
Voilà!

Last edited:
I like the idea, but it could far more easy, though? If I just look at Will's database, you just have to download Will's database, start a new career, select the Tactic Testing club, set the tactic in the slots and just play 'instant result'. Now you need FMRTE and stuff. Or am I missing something?

I like the idea, but it could far more easy, though? If I just look at Will's database, you just have to download Will's database, start a new career, select the Tactic Testing club, set the tactic in the slots and just play 'instant result'. Now you need FMRTE and stuff. Or am I missing something?

You could jsut play the game with the tactic and test during that, cut out the middle man

Well, obviously, this thread is meant for tacticians, and tacticians already have FMRTE. I am far more critical to randomness than Will is, that's why I have set these guidelines. I must say I was both believing and hoping for a more positive response, as I think this could be lots of fun :) The tactic is already fantastic as it is in my opinion, but I also believe this great tactic community can make it even better.

there might be to many quality tactics in forum already.. mostly i think ppl find a tactic that works good and then enjoys the game...

Dude, if you download Will's database and do like you say, all the people will get different schedules, which is a HUGE factor when it comes to the accuracy of the results. I'm sure that Will also uses a test template SAVE file, and not start new game over and over. Because if you do that, NONE of the results from ANY of the tactics can be compared to each other, because they are all tested in different games. Imagine one guy getting Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal as three first games, while another guy gets West Bromwich, Leicester and Hull.. You go figure what happens to the morale, and which effect this can have on the entire season.

You also need FMRTE to remove A LOT of other random factors, like I stated in the OP. What's the point of testing if it isn't accurate?

Last edited:
there might be to many quality tactics in forum already.. mostly i think ppl find a tactic that works good and then enjoys the game...

Well, I enjoy the game in a different way than you do :) I don't play the game, I only create tactics. This forum, and the community here, is what makes the game fun for me. Not the game itself :)

Well, I enjoy the game in a different way than you do :) I don't play the game, I only create tactics. This forum, and the community here, is what makes the game fun for me. Not the game itself :)

yer i know.. i do a Little tactic creating myself.. but could be fun with some tweaking thread.. i hope u succed with thread.. ill be folowing and hopefully be able to give some inputs...

yer i know.. i do a Little tactic creating myself.. but could be fun with some tweaking thread.. i hope u succed with thread.. ill be folowing and hopefully be able to give some inputs...

Just needs 1-2 contributions to get the thread going :) I understand that the contributors will be limited because not everyone have FMRTE or are not interested in buying it or doesn't know anyone who has an extra activation key. But this is the only way the test can be accurate enough. Also, FMRTE costs like 5 dollars, and it's the best 5 dollars I've ever spent on a digital tool. You would get the same answer from anyone who owns FMRTE.

There are lots of guy who have FMRTE, and when one buys, one gets 3 activations. So ask around if someone has an activation key for you.

I have it, just making sure you mention it at the top of the OP. people wil complain about £3 quid... :)

Just needs 1-2 contributions to get the thread going :) I understand that the contributors will be limited because not everyone have FMRTE or are not interested in buying it or doesn't know anyone who has an extra activation key. But this is the only way the test can be accurate enough.

I dont think testing is accurate enough since the tweaks and tactics i created need human controlling and understanding...
but i like testing Leagues..its very exciting.. but dont think i would be able to create anything in top 3 since i Work from human controlling.. like i said its just me.. i support u r project..

You could jsut play the game with the tactic and test during that, cut out the middle man

Too many random elements in a normal game. See for yourself, go one season with one tactic, then you make a new save, and go again with the same tactic. Or if you want to see it even quicker, save before a match, load the game after the match and go again. You can lose 5-0 and win 5-0 in the same match! You need custom databases and FMRTE to get accurate results.

I have it, just making sure you mention it at the top of the OP. people wil complain about £3 quid... :)

The reason why I didn't include it is because I don't think advertising is allowed in this forum. Otherwise I would have stated that of course. But I dunno how strict the rules are for something as relevant to this forum as FMRTE. Added more information to OP now. If moderators have a problem with it, I remove it of course.

Last edited:
Too many random elements in a normal game. See for yourself, go one season with one tactic, then you make a new save, and go again with the same tactic. Or if you want to see it even quicker, save before a match, load the game after the match and go again. You can lose 5-0 and win 5-0 in the same match! You need custom databases and FMRTE to get accurate results.

At some point i understand.. but i create tactics to win championships with any team.. not win a test..

So are you saying you will get the same result every time if you play with FMRTE?