Complete List of New Features (Off Twitter)

Scotty98TR

Reaction score
For anyone who doesn't have twitter/can't be bothered to go through all Miles' tweets, this is all of them giving info about FM14 :)

The game will be available to play on Linux for the first time.

Improved match engine with enhanced AI, more realistic player reactions, individual player character and kit models.

Includes cloud save, which means that you can now have access to a single career from any computer, anywhere in the world.

Tactical overhaul, including new player roles and team strategies become more important. There will be definable roles for players for multiple positions, new player roles and instructions.

New Transfer module more realistic and including the option to loan a player back to the club he’s just been bought from, along with a few more real-life clauses. You can also offer a combination of cash and loan players to buy a player.

Better and deeper interaction with the board, you can discuss visions and also ask for more money for transfers and wages as a reward for being loyal to the club.

Staff will offer feedback on how youth and reserve team players are performing.

Managers can ask key players to have a chat with unhappy squad members.

End of season meeting which allows the manager to let the squad know how they have performed and set targets for the coming season.

Tactics system is overhauled, making it easier to use and a bit more appealing.

More playable nations in FMC along with a new match plan wizard and more unlockables.

When picking a new team to manage you will be shown a league position history chart.

Pre-season tours abroad will improve shirt sales.

Team captains can now be asked to tell you what the dressing room mood is, will be handy in deciding when to hold a
team meeting.

Captains or vice-captains can be asked to help a teammate that is having personel problems.

Captaions can be asked to resolve conflicts between two team mates.

The DoF will suggest a lower asking price if a player you place on the unwanted list can’t be sold for the initial value.

You can apply for work permits for your players without offering them a new contract.

Testimonials :– your star players can now have a testimonial if they have been at the club for a very long period of
time or when they announce their retirement.

More realistic TV money distribution among teams.

Official editor available as a paid add-on for the simulation mode. Miles has announced this following a poll on the official forum. Apparently the unofficial real time editors were causing lots of technical problems.

You will be able to ask a player to sack his agent, will surely be useful if that agent is the greedy type.

You can schedule to play an European match at a bigger stadium if your own stadium is to small for such an event.

One of the most famous youth football tournaments in the world, the Viaggaro World Football Tournament, will be
featured in the game.

You will be able to check contrant details for players you’ve agreed future transfers for. That should be useful when you can’t remember what you have offered a player that has already agreed to join your team in the next transfer window.

MLS Waiver draft in November was added to the game.

Difficulty rating for FM Classic Challenges depending on what team you manage.

Captains can be reprimanded after poor behaviour, reminding them that they should be role models for the other players.

Fixture List will include potential opponents in next round of a cup competition.

Tables can now be sorted.

Team recrods news item available at club welcome meeting.

Improved scouting, generating more reports.

You will be able to define your favourite formation when adding your profile at the start of the game or when adding a new manager to the game.

'Where are they now' button will be available on transfer history screen, it was available only in the overall best eleven screen in FM 2013.

Hyperlinked division names in season summary screen.

In FM14 you can make players available for both youth and reserve teams.

If you want to replace your captain you can have a conversation with him and explain your reasons.

Leak interest in vacant position to press.

Transfer budget takes all clauses and bonuses into account.

Improved explanation of how DoF works in both FM simulation mode and FM Classic.

A player that is on loan at your club can now be made team captain.

In FM 2014 you can train player to develop as leaders.

In FM 2014 referees will retire just like players do, and new ones will appear.

Split 1st and 2nd half shot analysis.

Mark in financial projection graph to indicate where the club are in relation to the approved budget.

MLS transfer revamp.

In FM 2014 you can congratulate a player on winning 1st cap or scoring 1st international goal.

New press conference questions in FM 2014 if stadium improvements or new stadium request is granted or rejected by chairman.

Streamlined first level 'Add to shortlist' menu option on Player Screen.

Player set-piece taking suitability delivered in one report in Backroom Advice screen.

More information displayed on Manager and Staff screen in FMC

Relevant questions when joining a struggling side in the middle of the season.

Increased attendances for friendly matches played at new stadiums.

More realistic fan reactions to defeats against superior opposition.

One news story generated if multiple players withdraw from international squad.

Improved implementation of refereeing catogories, ensuring that the right level of referee is refereeing the correct matches.

MLS draft picks can ask for either a Senior contract or a SEL contract.

Update 1:-

Press Conference questions on chairman’s ambitions for the club, if any of your board requests are rejected.

Full access to shortlists regardless of the team managed or if unemployed.

Streamlined continental qualification news stories.

In FM 2014 you will be able to request for a match to be postponed if multiple players are called up for international duty.

New Loan repayments, like ”repayable on promotion to top division”.

Preview of next round of league fixtures.

In the training schedule calender you will have the ability to split days into Rest and Match Preparation.

Your team is picked for you when taking over a club in FMC ---- (No, I don't understand that either)

Update 2:-

Training camps will be shown on training calendar screen.

New Press conference questions about new chairman after a takeover.

There will be 8 new player roles: half back, target flank man, limited full back, complete wing back, enganche, regista,
false nine, shadow striker.

FM 2014 will support multiple contract end dates.

Major League Soccer reserve league update.

Agent fees and pro-rated loyalty bonuses come out of your transfer budget. Contract bonuses will be deducted from your wage budget.

Revamped conversations with players over their asking price.

Player position labels that link to position section.

Update 3:-

'Ungentlemanly Conduct' renamed 'Unsporting behaviour.'

“Recommend player” button added in news items for new staff signings.

Save custom database set-ups.

Press conference question on chairman’s future when looking to sell the club.

Where appropriate, supporter owned clubs won’t sell to businessmen.

In FM 2014 you can ask your Director of Football to find a player to play in a specific role or position.

Separate staff budget.

News item explaining league contract rules when joining MLS or A-League team.

Press can suggest a specific player in your squad is not your team’s best player and is overrated.

Levy on all transfer spending by Football League clubs invested into youth development.

Hyperlinked club badges on the Next Match panel of the Manager profile.

Newgen staff get non-player traits (the staff equivalent of player preferred moves).

Multiple news stories combined when players are injured, withdrawn or used as replacements.

Multi-select players on transfer panels.

Expand Monthly Board Confidence update to include financial fair play.

French clubs receive indemnity for international call ups.

Update 4:-

MLS Trade screen update.

Updated MLS Disciplinary system.

Ability to select/deselect all subscriptions on a per category basis.

Net transfer income appreciated by board.

Improved team report summary

Use of bonuses/clauses will lower and raise the overall transfer budget.

Change transfer type for players on the 'Unwanted' list and 'Transfer Targets' list.

Presidential elections for clubs who have an election-based system to elect a “chairman”.

New video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSQlmlClC8U

Update 5:-

Players open to signing for rivals unless they dislike the club bidding.

Kit sponsorship revamp.

Improved player reccomendations for potential signings.

Option for clubs to auto-extend contracts by up to 3 years in contract negotiations.

Choose own realistic Feeder Club.

When conducting trials, teams play using the first team's formation.

View job advert button on club screen.

More realistic season expectations

Guaranteed contract buyout in MLS.

Transfer clauses to state the amount of total appearances overall to meet the clause.

Expand Transfer Embargo news.

Danish work permit revamp.

Updated Australian maximum transfer fees.

Training overview includes how many weeks training has taken place in certain areas.

Added FFP tab on the finances screen.

Turkish youth players' contracts are more realistic, with no youth contracts.

High average attendance after league title win despite playing lower reputation teams.

Select game start date in FMC.

Last edited:
sounds good will defo be buying on release day cos i fricking love this game even if there are bugs but all games have that and these new features sound very interesting be cool if you could have the option to be a real manager like Wenger or
Mourinho etc, instead of creating one.

By the way, I will try to keep this as update to date as I can :)

I think the game is going to long term saves with the level of detail that we need to accomplish something!

You don't want to spend 1 week preparing a team for just 1 year of game play!

New features Update:-

Press Conference questions on chairman’s ambitions for the club, if any of your board requests are rejected.

Full access to shortlists regardless of the team managed or if unemployed.

Streamlined continental qualification news stories.

In FM 2014 you will be able to request for a match to be postponed if multiple players are called up for international duty.

New Loan repayments, like ”repayable on promotion to top division”.

Preview of next round of league fixtures.

In the training schedule calender you will have the ability to split days into Rest and Match Preparation.

Your team is picked for you when taking over a club in FMC ---- (No, I don't understand that either)

Is it better to post the new updates on a seperate post like this, or just edited onto the OP? Or both?

Last edited:

Sorry for the lack of updates, I was in London. Doing it now :)

Update 2:-

Training camps will be shown on training calendar screen.

New Press conference questions about new chairman after a takeover.

There will be 8 new player roles: half back, target flank man, limited full back, complete wing back, enganche, regista,
false nine, shadow striker.

FM 2014 will support multiple contract end dates.

Major League Soccer reserve league update.

Agent fees and pro-rated loyalty bonuses come out of your transfer budget. Contract bonuses will be deducted from your wage budget.

Revamped conversations with players over their asking price.

Player position labels that link to position section.

'More realistic TV money distribution among teams.' sounds like bigger budgets to me...

'More realistic TV money distribution among teams.' sounds like bigger budgets to me...

Hopefully for the Premier League it will be. At the moment, there isn't anywhere near as much of a gap between the Championship and the Premier League on FM as there is in real life :)

Michael Carrick/Arteta would be a great example of a regista from the previous BPL season. Finally glad we got this position in the game lol

Michael Carrick/Arteta would be a great example of a regista from the previous BPL season. Finally glad we got this position in the game lol

I had to make the position/player instructions myself :p

Sliders for tactics are officially gone.

Update 3:-

'Ungentlemanly Conduct' renamed 'Unsporting behaviour.'
“Recommend player” button added in news items for new staff signings.

Save custom database set-ups.

Press conference question on chairman’s future when looking to sell the club.

Where appropriate, supporter owned clubs won’t sell to businessmen.

In FM 2014 you can ask your Director of Football to find a player to play in a specific role or position.

Separate staff budget.

News item explaining league contract rules when joining MLS or A-League team.

Press can suggest a specific player in your squad is not your team’s best player and is overrated.

Levy on all transfer spending by Football League clubs invested into youth development.

Hyperlinked club badges on the Next Match panel of the Manager profile.

Newgen staff get non-player traits (the staff equivalent of player preferred moves).

Multiple news stories combined when players are injured, withdrawn or used as replacements.

Multi-select players on transfer panels.

Expand Monthly Board Confidence update to include financial fair play.

French clubs receive indemnity for international call ups.

How do people think I could improve the layout? The OP is too cluttered for my liking, but don't really know how to split it up :/

Split the list of stuff under different headings? E.g Match Engine, Transfer System etc, might make it more readable, but I can't think of any other headings off the top of my head so..

How do people think I could improve the layout? The OP is too cluttered for my liking, but don't really know how to split it up :/

Put each update in a spoiler?

Put each update in a spoiler?

No idea how to do that :S Help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Figured it out, doesn't matter. It's pretty obvious :p

EDIT v2: Maybe I haven't, no idea how that has happened...

Last edited:
Split the list of stuff under different headings? E.g Match Engine, Transfer System etc, might make it more readable, but I can't think of any other headings off the top of my head so..

That would make it harder to read for people who had already read some, and come back later on when I updated it again :/

Thanks anyway for the suggestion though :)

No idea how to do that :S Help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Figured it out, doesn't matter. It's pretty obvious :p

EDIT v2: Maybe I haven't, no idea how that has happened...

[.Spoiler] Insert text [./Spoiler]
remove the dots