Complete List of New Features (Off Twitter)

Really? There a screenshot for it?!

Managing change in Football Manager 2014 • Interviews • PC • Eurogamer.net

"Gone are the sliders of old - which allowed you to, say, incrementally nudge your defensive line deeper or further forward - with more nuanced player roles and commands stepping up in their place. The decision to opt for such a radical overhaul is a brave one, particularly with such a passionate fanbase, but the reasons behind it - like so much of what goes in to every new FM - were both technical and grounded in real life."

Managing change in Football Manager 2014 • Interviews • PC • Eurogamer.net

"Gone are the sliders of old - which allowed you to, say, incrementally nudge your defensive line deeper or further forward - with more nuanced player roles and commands stepping up in their place. The decision to opt for such a radical overhaul is a brave one, particularly with such a passionate fanbase, but the reasons behind it - like so much of what goes in to every new FM - were both technical and grounded in real life."
This will upset MANY tacticians (but will save me having to convert classic tactics to TC ;-))

This will upset MANY tacticians (but will save me having to convert classic tactics to TC ;-))

Or this will stop tactics like the korean ones, who just moved the sliders to try to beat the AI. In this i agree, since they where not tacticians, but abusers of the system!

[.Spoiler] Insert text [./Spoiler]
remove the dots

I have, but it keeps adding 4 extra spoilers at the end of the first line. Whenever I delete them and save changes, it reverts back to how it was :/

I have, but it keeps adding 4 extra spoilers at the end of the first line. Whenever I delete them and save changes, it reverts back to how it was :/

Yeah I saw that :S Maybe mention it to Sean? He should be able to fix it.

Did I read that right. They're offering a paid version of a real time editor?

Did I read that right. They're offering a paid version of a real time editor?

Yeap, you read it right (Unfortunately.). I really don't like this, as I think it'll mean so many more people are going to cheat and claim achievements they haven't done.

Yeap, you read it right (Unfortunately.). I really don't like this, as I think it'll mean so many more people are going to cheat and claim achievements they haven't done.
I am hoping it will somehow show on the game whether it has been used or not. If it is made by SI they may incorporate that.

I couldn't care less about the achievement side of things. I don't even think I have any friends on steam. I think they've only done it for $$$. Could've saw this coming when FMRTE started making money out of it last year.

I couldn't care less about the achievement side of things. I don't even think I have any friends on steam. I think they've only done it for $$$. Could've saw this coming when FMRTE started making money out of it last year.

Its because a massive number of the bug reports/crashes they get are caused by people who have used FMRTE, and then don't tell SI about when they send a bug issue in. So SI waste time trying to fix saves games they shouldn't even be supporting ( because its a 3rd party tool ) If they have to fix it, might as well get paid for it.

Scotty it doesnt show up on Achievements, as the game can tell when you have used it on the leaderboard.

Last edited:

I didn't mean achievements as in the Steam things, I worded it badly. I mean as in people claiming to of won the league with small teams but really all they have done is given themselves a massive budget, or made their players better. :)

I didn't mean achievements as in the Steam things, I worded it badly. I mean as in people claiming to of won the league with small teams but really all they have done is given themselves a massive budget, or made their players better. :)

This happens already, as you saw in Mojodex stories.

90% of FM players cheats at some point.

Don't get bordered with that, just play your game as you like :D

This happens already, as you saw in Mojodex stories.

90% of FM players cheats at some point.

Don't get bordered with that, just play your game as you like :D

I doubt that many people do, as I think the majority of people are sensible enough to not spend £5 or whatever it is on FMRTE... Still though, hopefully there will be a way to see from a distance if a game has been edited

'Agent fees and loyalty bonuses to come out of your transfer budget'
:'(

Presidential Elections
FM14 will feature, for the first time ever, presidential elections for clubs who have an election based system. In the past the promises made by chairmans, such as when Florentino Pérez promised to sign David Beckham if he was elected to be in charge of Real Madrid.

Team Report Summary
There's a new and improved team report summary in Football Manager 2014, giving you a quick and easy to understand overview of future opponents
Board Transfer Feedback
Having a positive net transfer income (making a profit from transfer dealings, selling more than you spend) will be met with more appreciation from board in FM14

I can safely say I've never looked forward to pre-ordering a game for such a long time. Roll on the Beta

I don't understand the negativity surrounding real time editors. If people need to edit their games to be successful then let them do it, they're only cheating themselves.

I personally use it just for the lols. They're good for Chairman games, messing around with finances, and making wonderkids to make an FM story on.