ben274

Reaction score
For all those keen fm'ers who have already completed a season!

Just wondering how you did, what team, position, transfers etc... could help others starting out with the same club...

I haven't finished my season yet, trying not to rush it soo much, playing every single match, and attending everysingle press conference etc.

Games usually get boring once I start to holiday games, so i'm sticking to this one and making it more enjoyable :)

I completed a season with Walsall. Finished in a poor 16th place after a very difficult start which saw me bottom of the league until Christmas... Very hard with &50k budget and £23.5k wage budget!

sounds tough Dan, what were you expected?

at least you stayed up!

Dan, try managing in Australia! Salary cap of 20k and transfer budget of 24k. Aswell as no more than 5 foreign players. Plus a **** league standard. But it's fun if you know the teams well enough ;) Anyways, I've only completed 1 month and a bit on that :)

Games usually get boring once I start to holiday games, so i'm sticking to this one and making it more enjoyable :)
Wait, people holiday games?

That's unthinkable for me.

Im half way through my Arsenal season (I wanted a team who I could spend money with but weren't shoe ins for the title lol)

I'm second in the League, Chelsea are top on the same points with 2 games in hand lol. I've bought Giulanio who is an attacking right midfielder and he's pretty good and I have Dzeko up front, yeet to see how well he is going to do for me!

I recommend Guilanio (spelling?) for an attacking right midfielder though and I play a 4-2-3-1 formation with Arsenal which is working pretty well! :D

Got promoted with pompey, played a 424 picked up any decent free transfers n loans i could. Woulda probably done better 2nd half of season had i not sold utaka, didnt realise how much his pace helped my attack n how many goals/assists he had :'(

Not even half way through yet. Tottenham top and unbeaten after about 15 games. Beat Barcelona at home in CL and drew away. Only players purchased are Dzeko and Christian Eichner. Enjoying FM 11 alot.

in december 2010 with arsenal 3rd in league with a game in hand over spurs and Man U .

In semi finals of Carling Cup

5 games out of 6 played in UCL top and through to last 16

signed stekelenburg sold almunia and bought neymar for back-up

FM is a great so far really enjoying it :)

with celtic
won the quadruple , league , league cup , scottish cup and europa league , got de merit , goncalves , assulin , gudjohnsen , richards and kelly

With Roma.

No major transfers. Rits 2m (decent youngster), Park (loan), Hazar (mid season, 6.25M)

TIP: From time to time check Asking Price: 0. Many players (Diarra, Maxwell, jo, Benayoun, Zhirkov) were at 0 asking price for a day of 2.

Over halfway through first season with everton, at one point was in with a shout for the title, currently slumped in 6th, hoping to get a champions league spot, signed no major people just youngsters (thats how i play the game) ;)

Getting to second game with Newcastle. Signed 9 players, spending 5m, and sold 2, brought in 9m.

Two months done in first season as Newcastle. Record is like 2-2-3 or something similar to that. Still in the League Cup, but got a bunch of favorable draws and am in like in 15th place.

I'm only into October, I'm a turtle in FM.

My mates done 3 seasons already, hasn't been off it the sad ****.

I've only done a month with Villareal, got into the Europa League group stages and got a win and a loss in the league, taking it slowly though :)

how are people getting so far? only just started my big game manchester save, played 6 hours, still in the first week of pre season, my first signing hasnt even arrived...

just downloading all the logos atm. bu as fulham 19th and bought Roberto carlos for 300k, donovan for free, cruz for free, pederson 7.5m, nani 12m. soo getting there but gunna sart scratch i think..

how are people getting so far? only just started my big game manchester save, played 6 hours, still in the first week of pre season, my first signing hasnt even arrived...
Lol. I don't understand it either. You and I must play slowly. I like everything to be perfect before I press that continue button. :)