Conbob85's Sweeper System 3 Tactic Set High Possession (13.2.2)

Conbob85

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to these forums but I just had to share my tactics which I have been extensively tested by 3 teams at different levels but all the results have been fantastic!

Tactic Overview

s352.png

This is the 3-6-1 variation & the main tactic I use of the 3

s370.png

This is the 3-7-0 version which I tend to use when controlling a game

s352.png

& Finally the 3-5-2 variation which I tend to use when chasing a game

teaminstructionso.png

These are the team instructions which are the same for all 3 tactics

Player Roles

GK - Pretty self explanatary if you ask me but good composure is also a key attribute as a lot of the play starts from pass backs to him

SW (defend) - A big strong ox of a man will do for this postion e.g Kara who when trained to play as SW is an absolute gem of a player. You can also train any of your CBs for back up in the position.

Kara
karahistorycareerstats.png

DCs (stoppers) - Same as SW but good passing is also a plus.

WBR & L (attack) - Pace & stamina is a must due to the amount of ground each wing back covers during game, any other good full back stat is always a bonus.

MCs (DLP defend) - Good passing, tackling, stamina, composure, off the ball etc.... Pretty simple

AMCR (Treqartista attack) - This is the key man off the tactic & your playmaker. Good dribbling is a must as he instructed to rarely play through balls. Also pace, finishing, creativity etc. Wellington Nem is a beast in this role & Damien Boudjemma is a god in the lower leagues.

Wellington Nem
wellingtonnemhistorycar.png

Damien Boudjemma
damienboudjemaaoverview.png

AMC (AP support) This guy is your main passing weapon, players like Luigi Bruins & Fredrick Midjtso are quality in the lower leagues.

SC (AF attack) - I find for you to get best out of your SC he has to have pace, dribbling & other good AM stats. A poacher type player will NOT work in this position & as a plus if it is an AMC the he will fit into the other tactics. Wilfried Zaha has been superb for me in this role

Wilfried Zaha
wilfriedzahaoverviewatt.png

Shouts - 3-6-1.... Look for Overlap
3-7-0.... As above with Retain possession & pass to feet
3-5-2.... Same as 3-6-1

Its entirely up to you if you use these shouts as my verdict is still out on this part of FM.

OPP Instructions - None or leave to *** Man

Team Talks - Leave to *** Man

Training - Team cohesion on very high until 1st game of season, then on medium until fluid in all areas, then change to balanced. I use Def Set Pieces as my match prep but again, this in entirely up to you.

Results

Like I said I have tried this with 3 teams, Brighton, 1860 Munich & Crewe.

Firstly with Brighton.... 2012/2013 Championship (Winners) FA Cup (Winners) League Cup (4th Round)
brightonfacupwinners201.png

2013/2014 Premiership (6th) FA Cup (Semis) League Cup (Winners) Euro Cup (Semis)
brightonepl201314.png

2014/2015 Currently in Nov & I'm 2nd in Premiership

1860 Munich.... 2012/2013 German 2nd Division (Winners) German Cup (QFs)
18601st201213.png

2013/2014 Bundesliga (4th CL Qualifaction) German Cup (Runners Up)
18604th201314.png

& Finally with Crewe...... 2012/2013 League 1 (Winners)

crewenpowerleague120121.png

2013/2014 - 1st in NPower Championship

npowerchampionshipovervj.png

Tactics Download Links

3-6-1 Conbob85s 352.tac

3-7-0 Conbob85s 370.tac

3-5-2 Conbob85s 352 SCs.tac

Rar file of all 3 Tactics http://www.mediafire.com/?sr7yb32z22hi176

Any feedback, good or bad will be greatly appreciated & I hope it brings you as much success as I has me.

Last edited:
Plugged this in pre-season with Man Utd, only had 2 friendlies left before the start of the season against Arsenal! Made 4 signings, Gareth Bale, Hector Moreno, Kevin Strootman and Mapou Yanga Mbiwa, won 1 friendly, lost the other to Galatasaray.

Then came the league, this didn't go so well, conceded early on, 1-0 down, then came the onslaught..

Phil Jones equalised, Rooney scored to make it 2-1, Bale made it 3-1, then a minute late, Rooney made it 4-1, and then he finished off his hat trick to make it 5-1, decent first game!

The team looked like this;

GK - De Gea
SW - Phil Jones
CB - Vidic/Mbiwa
RWB - Rafael
LWB - Buttner
DLP - Carrick/Strootman
AP - Bale
T - Kagawa
AF - Rooney

I ended up creating 4 CCC to their 1.

Bale got 2 assists and a goal, Kagawa got 2 assists, and Strootman got 1 assist, so can't complain with that start, just hope performances like that continue.

I only downloaded the one tactic, that was the 3-6-1! Used the shouts from the beginning.

Last edited:
Good start there!!! Hope it continues :)

I know yeah, can't complain with start like that!

Seem to have continued in the same vein, since then the fixtures are as follows.

QPR 0-1 Man Utd
Aston Villa 0-2 Man Utd
Man Utd 3-0 Fulham

That last match against Fulham I had 22 shots, 12 on target, with 66% possession!

So I'm not only scoring goals, I'm keeping clean sheets, granted they aren't the easiest games, but considering 2 of them were away, and I kept clean sheets, that's not bad, Phil Jones has done well as the sweeper considering he can't play sweeper, scores a few goals from corners too!

It is very strong defensively at lower level clubs so at United i can imagine it being near unbreakable with the players you have at your disposal. I'm glad its working for you mate.... I'm just about to embark on my 2nd season with Crewe in the Championship, i'll keep you informed of my progress.

Hopefully your second season goes well, it's one of the best tactics I've used, up there with the likes of Modern Warfare, performance wise.

I've played 10 games with this tactic, you know the results from the first few, here are the rest!

Man Utd 2-1 Zenit (they scored after Rafael got sent off)
Liverpool 0-1 Man Utd (Great win away at Anfield, they had more shots and that, but it's goals that count!)
Man City 1-2 Man Utd (Another great away win! Again, they had more shots, but mine went in)
Man Utd 3-0 Sunderland
Feyenoord 1-0 Man Utd (My first loss, I told them I expect to win the match, a mistake from Rio let their striker in, ****** clown! We had more possession, but just couldn't break through, just hope it doesn't start a losing streak)
West Ham 0-0 Man Utd (Overall **** game, in 94 minutes, there was 2 attacks, 1 for each team)

So that's 10 games, 9 wins and 1 loss isn't bad considering the team is probably still not fully fluid with the tactic, defence also seems steady only conceding 4 in 10 games, especially I've played Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and Zenit, scored a total of 19 goals, so nearly 2 a game, not to mention I'm still unbeaten in the Premier League, with the best defence. Really impressed so far. Will update in January! KUTGW.

Last edited:
Are you still only using the 3-6-1 mate?

Yeah I am mate, it's awesome at home, just destroyed PSG 4-1 with Kagawa grabbing a hat trick. Found out that Valencia as the RWB is awesome.

Hopefully more people use this tactic cause it does deserve some recognition.

Thanks dude..... I was going to say I bet Bale would be an awesome LWB if trained! Anyway I can get more people involved in this thread?

well have to say this tac is very good playing as barnsley not got any money but got Luigi Bruins so p10 w5 d2 l3 f18 a15 i know that might not look good but with the players i have its very good but cant find Fredrick Midjtso or Damien Boudjemma so will keep going but so far im loving it think i will try this with my san marino save top work well done

Buttner seems to outplay Bale at LWB! I usually play Bale as the AP, but he's been knackered and Scholes has done a good job there as his replacement! I need some players but not got the money atm, need some DLP replacements and possibly an AP as Scholes is getting on.

As for getting more people involved, I don't really know mate, just gotta keep the thread updated, which I'll help do with my updates, and obviously you will with yours and just hope people take a chance with it! You've proved it can be used in the lower leagues, and I have with top teams, so it should suit people as they like it to be tested with both!

well have to say this tac is very good playing as barnsley not got any money but got Luigi Bruins so p10 w5 d2 l3 f18 a15 i know that might not look good but with the players i have its very good but cant find Fredrick Midjtso or Damien Boudjemma so will keep going but so far im loving it think i will try this with my san marino save top work well done
I think you need all French players loaded to sign boudjemma but he is well worth it & a snip at 100k! Stick with it mate & it will reap rewards! I always think once ya getr into Nov without chopping & changing different formations/systems then you will reap the rewards :D

Buttner seems to outplay Bale at LWB! I usually play Bale as the AP, but he's been knackered and Scholes has done a good job there as his replacement! I need some players but not got the money atm, need some DLP replacements and possibly an AP as Scholes is getting on.

As for getting more people involved, I don't really know mate, just gotta keep the thread updated, which I'll help do with my updates, and obviously you will with yours and just hope people take a chance with it! You've proved it can be used in the lower leagues, and I have with top teams, so it should suit people as they like it to be tested with both!
I've messaged the Mods to see if I could change the title of the thread because I'm not sure how to do it myself if you can....

& as for needing DLPs there are plenty of young quality players out there, Rosenborg have Selnanes (sp) who has all the right attributes in the right places. I never really play with a top team so as for superstars I can't help you mate but trust me, if he hasn't already moved on or signed a new contract Wellington Nem is a snip at 3.5M over 48 months!!

& as for needing DLPs there are plenty of young quality players out there, Rosenborg have Selnanes (sp) who has all the right attributes in the right places. I never really play with a top team so as for superstars I can't help you mate but trust me, if he hasn't already moved on or signed a new contract Wellington Nem is a snip at 3.5M over 48 months!!

I know about Selnaes, just didn't think he had the defensive attributes to play the DLP so I didn't go for him, I looked at Nem too late, he's at Milan :( looks like I'm going out of the CL, I have 1 game left, I'm 2 points behind 2nd, losses to Feyenoord and Zenit (which I was 2-1 up in the 89th minute, and lost 3-2, which ****** me off!), my only poor performances are coming away from home, I wouldn't even say poor, just don't perform as well, and player mistakes are costing me, I'm still unbeaten in the league, and only conceded 4 in 12 games, just Europe I'm having trouble with, dunno what to do.

I have found in recent games with Crewe away from home was that I was always giving the opposition ccc's on the break. I have changed the mentality to Counter away from home & in my last 3 away games its reaped rewards! I'll uploadf a couple of screenies soon as I have played 10 games

I have found in recent games with Crewe away from home was that I was always giving the opposition ccc's on the break. I have changed the mentality to Counter away from home & in my last 3 away games its reaped rewards! I'll uploadf a couple of screenies soon as I have played 10 games

Sounds good, I might have to try that! Do you just change the mentality? Or anything else? The game after Zenit, where I lost 3-2, I played Chelsea, I smashed them 4-0! This tactic at home is unreal, best one I've used, getting 20+ shots every home game! Beat Man City at home 2-0 too.

I'm coming in to December, 14 games gone in the Premiership, I'm still unbeaten! With 11 wins and 3 draws, the draws have been to teams I'd be expected to beat, bar the 0-0 with Spurs, so it might just be to do with motivating the team.

Oh and I came top of my group, went into the last game, 2 points behind 2nd, well I beat 2nd (Feyenoord) 3-0 and Zenit drew to PSG which sent me top on GD!