Conbob85's Sweeper System 3 Tactic Set High Possession (13.2.2)

Playing version 13.2.3

The only tweaks I have made to the original tactics were for a couple of individual players such as left sided player coming short for left side throw ins rather than right side throw ins, but nothing dramatic.

Training is set to Balanced by default with average intensity. Individual training is tailored to particular roles (eg., Nem is being trained as Trequartista) again with average focus.

The only real change I have made to the original tactics (but still nothing major) is in match preparation and pre-match. Match preparation I rotate - every away game is either def. positioning or def. set pieces in turn, with each home match attacking movement or att. set pieces in turn. On the odd occasion I have a third home or away game out of sequence I'll set match prep to teamwork.

Pre-match is subtly different - opposition instructions I leave to my assistant manager (must have good tactical knowledge). I take my own team talk, always calm with "do it for the fans" or "relax play your own game". If it is a particularly important tie, such as a crucial cup match or against an arch rival, I will add individual team talks to all players - always passionate with "I believe in you". Shouts are as per the original tactics.

Half time team talk (if winning) is usually calm with "you are playing well"; if losing then aggressive with "you bunch of prats" :p. Drawing is usually also calm, unless we have played particularly poorly in which case I give them an aggressive rocket.

Substitutions will be made only from the 60th minute onwards if someone is playing especially poorly (rating 6.0 or less) or if we are winning by at least two goals, to give the substitutes some playing time.

Hope that helps :)

Any Shouts? I've PM'd ya mate...

Shouts are as per the original tactics.
;)

The only thing I would add is I pretty much only use the main formation (lone striker with ACM and Treq just behind). The other two formations with the twin strikers and zero strikers I played twice and didnt really like the results - one close win, one draw and less than 50% possession. Havent used them since - the main tac works so well anyway...

Once I've closed out this season with Juventus I want to experiment with these exact same tactics but using different formations. The Sweeper absolutely rocks (my Sweeper has several man of the match awards) and want to keep that - I have in mind trying out the ever popular "Barcelona" formation with the 2 Inside Forwards, but replacing the Defensive Midfielder with the Sweeper. That won't work with my Juventus team (no Inside Forwards) and obviously I'd need to develop some individual tactics for the IFs, although probably wouldn't be much different to the Trequartista tactic except with a Cut Inside instruction. The formation would be exactly the same as your main formation, but with the ACM and Treq moved out to the wide IF roles with a centralised striker. I'll let you know how I get on.

Oh and thanks for the PM :) I have some nice backgrounds working now (was being a dumbass before and doing it wrong).

I've been working on a new tactic for the new patch with Istanbul BBSK in Turkey with pretty good results so far.... Lost 1st game of the season away to Bursaspor but since then we've W7 D5 L0 & it looks very strong defensively. Haven't played Galatasary or Fenerbache yet tho! Will update again when get to winter break.

I've been working on a new tactic for the new patch with Istanbul BBSK in Turkey with pretty good results so far.... Lost 1st game of the season away to Bursaspor but since then we've W7 D5 L0 & it looks very strong defensively. Haven't played Galatasary or Fenerbache yet tho! Will update again when get to winter break.
Any progress?

Finally!!!! I've created a new tactic which I now feel is worthy to be uploaded to these forums! I'll create a new thread & post the link in here :)

Finally!!!! I've created a new tactic which I now feel is worthy to be uploaded to these forums! I'll create a new thread & post the link in here :)

there is a god if its half as good as your last 1 let the fun times roll cant wait