Conspiracy thread

it was a point... it happened. it was on Top Gear. and i dont see how "my argument" was any less "proper" than yours.

you wrote
hey, Jeremy Clarkson got from the South of Vietnam to the North on a Vespa... you dont think the Americans in their tanks could do it ?

jeremy clarkson driving a vespa on top gear does not equate to tank groups being easily able to fight and travel right across vietnam, and therefore not a great point to argue a conspiracy theory on

Right now I'm believing nothing and I plan to keep it that way until there is proof, not that I'm dead-man fetish or something.

A conspiracy thread? A celtic fans wet dream this.

Tupac is alive! :wub:

At least i hope so :(

yeah but i never denied getting my sources from a quick wiki or Google search, nor did i deny it was simple tap of ctrl A+T.

If you wanted to say that unrestricted submarine warfare contributed to the US entering the war, go ahead. That'd be fine, but it'd also be the truth and not a conspiracy theory, nor what we are debating in the first place.

yes, that is what i wanted to say.

When did I say anything about dense jungle?

you didnt, Mike did.

At no point did I say all Vietnamese know their way around all cities; rather, that the local residents of those cities know their way around them, a perfectly correct point. Ironically, you then jump to a conclusion and then accuse me of, um, jumping to a conclusion.

when did i say anything about you jumping to ANY particular conclusions, i simply stated that a lot of the points you brought forth seemed like you were jumping to conclusions.

the point is tanks were perfectly capable... i never said the ideal tool for the job... obviously they were able, they wouldnt have even been shipped out if there wasn't a perfectly good use for them. that in itself is evidence enough that they were capable and useful... **** if they weren't, why would the Vietnamese use them too if they knew that the terrain wasn't suitable... because the terrain and environment is suitable... and yes, like i said... suitable doesn't mean ideal.

lastly, no need for "*****" etc and language when that point in my arguement was clearly the joke.

hey, Jeremy Clarkson got from the South of Vietnam to the North on a Vespa...

i should have maybe used a winky face... but i had no idea that perhaps the two people responding to my opinion (which is all it is really, and no need to get your thongs all twiste up over...) were so narrow minded, blinkered, and utterly (and to exercise my right to free speech as GodCubed clearly has above) ******* stupid that they wouldn't get understand this little side joke to an otherwise serious and opinionated post on a conspiracy thread...

hey, if you two dont want to join in the fun and contribute conspiracies you may believe in... why dont you go start your own thread... may i suggest a title ? "Boring skeptics who shut down any possibility of the events that occur on this planet as being more than black and white and refuse to believe that maybe not everything is the way it seems."

open your eyes "son", to the very obvious... that others have opinions and yours is not always the superior. You know the proof behind these facts just as much as i do. Because i doubt you were there.

yeah but i never denied getting my sources from a quick wiki or Google search, nor did i deny it was simple tap of ctrl A+T.

you didnt, Mike did.

when did i say anything about you jumping to ANY particular conclusions, i simply stated that a lot of the points you brought forth seemed like you were jumping to conclusions.

the point is tanks were perfectly capable... i never said the ideal tool for the job... obviously they were able, they wouldnt have even been shipped out if there wasn't a perfectly good use for them. that in itself is evidence enough that they were capable and useful... **** if they weren't, why would the Vietnamese use them too if they knew that the terrain wasn't suitable... because the terrain and environment is suitable... and yes, like i said... suitable doesn't mean ideal.

lastly, no need for "*****" etc and language when that point in my arguement was clearly the joke.

i should have maybe used a winky face... but i had no idea that perhaps the two people responding to my opinion (which is all it is really, and no need to get your thongs all twiste up over...) were so narrow minded, blinkered, and utterly (and to exercise my right to free speech as GodCubed clearly has above) ******* stupid that they wouldn't get understand this little side joke to an otherwise serious and opinionated post on a conspiracy thread...

hey, if you two dont want to join in the fun and contribute conspiracies you may believe in... why dont you go start your own thread... may i suggest a title ? "Boring skeptics who shut down any possibility of the events that occur on this planet as being more than black and white and refuse to believe that maybe not everything is the way it seems."

open your eyes "son", to the very obvious... that others have opinions and yours is not always the superior. You know the proof behind these facts just as much as i do. Because i doubt you were there.

if that point was a joke, then much like the rest of your arguments it was seriously **** poor

next

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

suprised no one has brought perhaps the ultimate conspiracy theory: Who shot JFK?

It's generally the way that when you suggest evidence, and when it's disproved, STILL carry on with the same argument, is when people start getting frustrated.

"Boring skeptics who shut down any possibility of the events that occur on this planet as being more than black and white and refuse to believe that maybe not everything is the way it seems."

Oh, and I really hate that line. You call sceptics arrogant, you're the one with the self-belief that everyone around you perceives something in a lesser way than you. Mike and GodCubed are two of the most balanced people I know, and I'm sure are capable of weighing up evidence and making a valued decision. You say we see everything in black & white. Lets flip it, you're the one who gives into your own human psychological curiosity in conspiracy theories. People naturally like to believe there's something bigger at play, and they like to think that they're superior to others for being able to see through the lies the rest of us sheep are told, even when the evidence against you is overwhelming.

If you want to debate, then suggest reasonable points to argue over. There's generally a reason why as soon as your points have been countered, conspiracy theorists will always resort to insulting the opposition's intelligence and not allowing themselves to be countered. Because then they'd lose the argument. Can you not see that? I guess you're the blind one, then.

Maybe not, but you can't expect people to lend any credibility to your argument if that is the case.

Then it isn't a conspiracy in the first place...

I didn't say you did say I was jumping to 'particular' conclusions, but you sure as **** implied I had jumped to SOME conclusions at very least. None of the things I said were jumping to conclusions, simply stating well-known facts.

The tanks were sent out there because of a number of reasons.

1) In the early stages the Americans were far too naive about tank use, and thought they could use them everywhere.
2) They were necessary for the large swathes of Vietnam that weren't urban areas.
3) There is almost always a need for heavy armour in a campaign.

The Vietnamese used them in the areas where they were applicable, not in urban areas if they could help it. But we're not arguing over the effectiveness of tanks in the Vietnam war as a whole, we're arguing their effectiveness in cities, something which would prevent them from moving the length of Vietnam, and there is no doubt they're close to useless in a city.

(and to exercise my right to free speech as GodCubed clearly has above) ******* stupid

Lol. You can't shoot with one hand and stroke with the other. Hypocrite.

hey, if you two dont want to join in the fun and contribute conspiracies you may believe in...

Again, massive hypocrisy. You just claimed it was a joke, and then one sentence later you claim it is a "conspiracy you believe in"!

why dont you go start your own thread... may i suggest a title ? "Boring skeptics who shut down any possibility of the events that occur on this planet as being more than black and white and refuse to believe that maybe not everything is the way it seems."

Or perhaps "Thread for people who can tell that a tank won't work very well when it's boxed in on three sides"?

Get a dictionary and look up 'fact', please.

Bored now. Someone say something.

Something with more substance than a particularly watery blancmange, before anyone comes up with a hilarious 'joke' again.

well who would. because just like Lee Harvey Oswald you'd shoot them through the head for even suggesting anything that you may slightly disagree with... *****

well who would. because just like Lee Harvey Oswald you'd shoot them through the head for even suggesting anything that you may slightly disagree with... *****

Actually, Lee Harvey Oswald didn't disagree with anything JFK said, he was just mentally unstable. :)

Oh, and in answer to the question, almost certainly LHO.

Actually, Lee Harvey Oswald didn't disagree with anything JFK said, he was just mentally unstable. :)

Oh, and in answer to the question, almost certainly LHO.

i always thought the cuban conspiracy wasnt too far fetched, given the CIA tried the same with Castro

Because you're suggesting based on NO FACTUAL EVIDENCE. And even when you come up with something, and then it's disproved, you still carry on with it. Because the amazing thing about conspiracies is, even when you have no evidence it equals evidence for your theory!

The theories are wrapped up in a paradox, created by human fabrication and supported by twisted logic. And even when someone who dares counter all of that, they just encounter hostility and attempts to dismiss them as being inferior and refuse the opportunity for a counter, so you put yourself in a stronger position. Great basis for an argument you've got there. A mix of an unsolvable paradox, human fabrication, twisted logic and having to resort to diminish your opponent rather than argue you over the points of the debate.

There's a reason people arguing against you generally don't have to resort to natural human defence mechanisms in their arguments: Because they actually have points to counter you with. Doesn't that scream something out at you? Sure does for me, and I'm apparently blind and see everything in black and white!

First off, you quote what looks like a laughably amateurish website designed for kiddies.

Secondly, what you quoted supported my argument. You said, and I quote,

In that you are directly saying that THE reason America joined the war was because of the sinking of the Lusitania, and said that they joined the war less than a week after sinking it. The Lusitania was sunk in May 1915. America joined the war in January 1917. That is two and a half years. There aren't just holes in your argument, it doesn't exist. If you wanted to say that unrestricted submarine warfare contributed to the US entering the war, go ahead. That'd be fine, but it'd also be the truth and not a conspiracy theory, nor what we are debating in the first place.

When did I say anything about dense jungle? You didn't say anything about linear streets, no, but that's what a city essentially is, a cluster of buildings with linear streets around them.

At no point did I say all Vietnamese know their way around all cities; rather, that the local residents of those cities know their way around them, a perfectly correct point. Ironically, you then jump to a conclusion and then accuse me of, um, jumping to a conclusion.

Seeing as your pathetic attempt at an argument consisted of a wiki page, I should ignore it, but I know a fair deal about the Vietnamese war, so: Operation Lam Song was an exercise on why tanks AREN'T good in an urban area. Hilariously, you've managed to pick the best battle possible to illustrate the counterpoint to your argument, especially when considering the side with less tanks won. If I quote from your little excerpt alone, we can see.

So basically, in an urban environment, one combatant was well-prepared and able to lay a trap for another. This happened many times over the course of the war, but mostly to the US (and the allies it supplied) as time and again they charged into a town and were ripped to shreds by concentrated fire and traps.

The MBT of the US Army at the time, the Patton, was an excellent tank that did all it was designed to do - support troops in open battles, provide mobile armour - extremely well. What it did not do well was attack urban areas (in the early stages of the war, before the Americans wised up. Oh, and that's another bit of proof if you need it), not because it was a bad tank, but because it was a TANK. Tanks just do not go well with urban areas.

So, Jeremy Clarkson managed to travel the length of Vietnam (cheating half the way btw) on a Vespa, with NOBODY challenging him or stopping him with their bare hands let alone an IED or anti-tank rifle. And then, when he gets to the end, he sarcastically points out they'd achieved what the US never had. And you claim this apparently means it's all a massive conspiracy? What an utterly ******* stupid argument.

Boom, sit down son.

Lol, pwnd.

This man is literally crazy and/or retarded. Claims by opening a PDF file in Photoshop he can see the different layers of Obama's released Birth Certificate and compares the 'scandal' to Nero burning Rome "for fun" and the French Revolution (Yes, really)

[video=youtube;3g30VCl_cgk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g30VCl_cgk&feature=player_embedded[/video]