Coolmcool's First FM 2014 Save - Tobermore United

Tobermore United

View attachment 462623

March 2014

Huge Win V Linfield!

View attachment 462622

Those of you who read my Limerick story know that they have been one of my big rivals over the years in the All Ireland Cup so it was an amazing result to pick up, The counter attacking tactic we use is really paying off!

March Fixtures

View attachment 462621

Not only did we have the impressive cup win but we also dominated in the league this month with some big goalscoring victories.

League Table

View attachment 462620

8 points clear from 3rd place Chimney Corner and with only 6 games left of the season surely we are all but promoted!

Player Stats

View attachment 462619

Campbell and Dolan are both still chasing for the Golden Boot with youngster Dolan having an incredible season on the left wing.

Tobermore United

View attachment 462618

April 2014

Through To The Cup Final

View attachment 462617

A good win against a team in the league above us as we continue our run in the cup and will face top league side Portadown in the final.

April Fixtures

View attachment 462616

Could we throw the league away after some poor results in recent fixtures.

League Table

View attachment 462615

5 points clear of 3rd place with 2 games to go and the final game of the season against Lurgan Celtic the title decider.

Player Stats

View attachment 462614

Nice results there. I wish my youth intakes were
like that with clubs that aren't that small.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

Tobermore United

View attachment 462611

May 2014

So after a massive final day 4-3 win over Lurgan Celtic we not only win the Belfast Telegraph Championship 2 we also push them out of the promotion places!

Tobermore Promoted As Champions!

View attachment 462610

League Table

View attachment 462609

So we win the league by 3 points in the end in a very close fought fight throughout the season, we were predicted 3rd so i dont think we exactly overachieved.

Team Stats

View attachment 462608

As you can see us and Lurgan Celtic outscored all of the other teams by 20 plus goals but we also had a terrible defensive record with our score one more goal than you policy key to our success.

Player Stats

View attachment 462607

No Golden Boot this year but we did have the top two assist makers in the league and Craig Sheppard had the highest average rating.

Up Next Irish Cup Final​

Tobermore United

View attachment 462606

May 2014 - Irish Cup Final

First Irish Cup Final In Clubs History

View attachment 462605

Irish Cup Final V Portadown

View attachment 462604

Well it was one **** of a match as we pushed them all the way but the fairytale story didnt have a happy ending. On the plus side the matches we have played against top level sides shows that next season in the Belfast Telegraph Championship 1 should not just be about consolidation.

End of season Post next.​

Well done in the league but unlucky in the cup, looked like a awesome match.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

Great season mate, can see this being your new Limerick story after the good start. Have you created your own tactic for this? The players have really suited it!

great season and looking like this will turn into a real legendary story, absolutely gutted you bumped lurgan celtic out of the promotion places though.. my favourite northern irish team thanks to a 30 season run with them on fm 07

Great season mate, can see this being your new Limerick story after the good start. Have you created your own tactic for this? The players have really suited it!
Thanks man i hope i can stick it out that long! I actually use a very basic tactic with nothing much going on in instructions, I pretty much always play with attacking wingers and a lone poacher upfront for years, my team was predicted 3rd so i expected to have a good season but next year may be a lot tougher.

great season and looking like this will turn into a real legendary story, absolutely gutted you bumped lurgan celtic out of the promotion places though.. my favourite northern irish team thanks to a 30 season run with them on fm 07
Wow now 30 seasons is impressive! If i do half that i will be happy, i couldnt believe it they were in the top two for most of the season and i hadnt even thought of Chimney Corner before they went second on the last day of the season.
Nice season there, you're on a roll.

Thanks man ive got another 5 months all done so will get on the updates tonight hopefully.
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Awesome story keep the updates flooding in!!
This could be one of the best fm stories ever keep it up!

Tobermore United

View attachment 462321

Pre - Season 2014

Season Expectations

View attachment 462320

So we are predicted 11th out of 14 teams so i chose avoid relegation as it didnt change my wage budget to reach any higher. The extra money came right on cue as i was about to lose the likes of Aaron Campbell due to contract expiries.

New Deal With 7 Days To Go!

View attachment 462319

I was worried i wasnt even going to get a new deal there for a minute!

What the **** DOF!

View attachment 462318

My DOF fired my Assistant Manager for a fortune! What a waste of money and were now ?10k in the red!

Right im knackered after work so sorry if some of it doesnt make sense and im rambling will post a few months up tommorrow before i go to work.​

Your DOF isn't exactly what you clever as it seems.Lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Tobermore United

View attachment 462283

Summer Transfer Window 2014

Right so we had a lot of players leave over the summer, I let go around 10 players who were not cut out for our current league standing and brought in quite a few new players.

I dont think i overspent on wages or new players but the money was burning a hole in my pocket after a tight budget last year. Once all of the contracts had expired our wage bill was only ?400 a week and the budget was closer to ?2,000!Positions we needed to strengthen was mainly all of the back 4 and the GK, Our attack was amazing last year and will only get better with top goalscorer Doran only 17. So after the releases i only had 1 CB and no LB's!

So here are the new signings

View attachment 462282View attachment 462281View attachment 462280View attachment 462279View attachment 462278View attachment 462277View attachment 462276View attachment 462275View attachment 462274

So a mixture of everything really all of them but one coming from Northern Ireland with some in their prime and some getting on a bit but they will add experience to the ranks for now.
Im not going to really look for youth players at the moment as most that i come across at the moment are not going to reach the heights i hope to with the club in the next few years.

Tobermore United

View attachment 462269

August 2014

One new fan since Promotion!

View attachment 462268

August Fixtures

View attachment 462267

Oh what a start to the season! I know with low expectations and all the new players coming in its hard to tell what sort of level we are on at the moment but two big scoring wins to start the season helps push us in the right direction.

League Table

View attachment 462266

2nd for now! How long that will last im not sure, With only 2 places for promotion with one only being a playoff this is going to be a tough league and we only play 26 games!

Player Stats

View attachment 462265