Cracking the top 4

• Thread starter Thread starter SaintMotbot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 754
  • Views Views 243K
England results are looking good for you. Pity the last few results for the saints have not been to good, I'm sure they will turn around soon.

England results are looking good for you. Pity the last few results for the saints have not been to good, I'm sure they will turn around soon.

Thanks man :) Really struggling with saints to accommodate for the injuries we suffered. Lots of players out of position and a complete lack of options.. especially in the wide areas.

View attachment 1005584
November Review

View attachment 193645
An alright month as we secure progression in the Champions League and beat top of the table United, but the results at Derby and Villa cannot be ignored. I am just searching for that perfect balance now by making subtle tweaks to the tactic.

View attachment 193644
Despite a dip in form, we are still there or there abouts at the top of the Premiership. Tottenham are really struggling down in 11th and are only two points off the relegation zone!

View attachment 193643
Job done, qualification secured. Now to face off against Benfica for that top spot.

Player of the Month
View attachment 193642
Calum Chambers has been an absolute rock at the back, whether I ask him to play centre back or right back. He can defend, he can attack, he can score goals and he has not once complained about lack of football. He is now reaping the rewards.

December Preview
View attachment 193641
A ridiculously packed fixture list!! how we are going to get through this with our threadbare squad I have no idea. One game at a time.

View attachment 193381
Benfica Vs Southampton
2nd December, 2020.

View attachment 193380
View attachment 193379
View attachment 193378
A fantastic effort from the players as we stubbornly held on and battled back from a losing position to ****** a point away from home and do enough to top our Champions League group on our head to head record with Benfica. Lucas Moura was the man of the moment, cutting inside from the right win to run onto a wonderful cross and tap into an empty net. Not only have we done what we set out to do this season, qualify from the group stage, we have done it undefeated and as group winners!

View attachment 193377

Last edited:
View attachment 1005880
Arsenal Vs Southampton
6th December, 2020.

View attachment 193376
View attachment 193375
View attachment 193374
A fantastic performance and a richly deserved win as Mesut Ozil returned to his former club and tore their defence to shreds. Ozil spent the whole afternoon linking up with Ross Barkley just behind him and the two of them were just unplayable, with Barkley playing 7 key passes during the course of the match to unlock Arsenals defence. A goal and an assist for Ozil makes him my own man of the match but a huge shout out to young Mike Williamson who replaced Martial off the bench and went on to head the winner. He is under very careful consideration to take Martials place in the starting XI, that is how good this kid can be.

View attachment 193372

View attachment 1005895

Southampton Vs Everton
9th December, 2020

View attachment 193364
View attachment 193363
View attachment 193362
Another wonderful performance against a struggling Everton side. This time it was Dele Alli who ran the whole game by himself from midfield. After a bit of a struggle in the first half, it took just 18 seconds in the second half to find the breakthrough, Alli playing through Martial who tucked it away neatly, perhaps to prove a point about me threatening his position in the team. We controlled the game comfortably until near the end when Alli popped up to slam a volley into the roof of the net to wrap the game up. Even better was the news that Norwich had beaten Man United which means we move to within two points of the lead of the Prem!

View attachment 193361

View attachment 1005941
Stoke Vs Southampton
12th December, 2020.

View attachment 193322
View attachment 193321
View attachment 193320
Can we do it on a rainy night in Stoke? No. That being said I am still rather pleased with this result. We showed a huge amount of grit after going down to 10 men when Lucas Digne gave away a penalty and got himself sent off meaning we went one down. Once again it was Mike Williamson who saved us with another goal. He is really starting to establish himself as a super sub now.

View attachment 193319

View attachment 1005947

Southampton Vs Sheffield Wednesday
19th December, 2020.

View attachment 193317
View attachment 193316
View attachment 193315
Our most complete performance of the season as we tear apart Sheffield Wednesday without allowing them even a shot at goal. Mike Williamson was rewarded for his impact substitutions with a start today and he made good on his opportunity, netting a hatrick to see us coast comfortably to victory. Thats 11 goals in 15 appearances for his club this season as well as 12 goals in 9 appearances for the England under 21's. Stunning form.

View attachment 193314
The only bad news for the day was an injury to Lucas Moura who will miss the rest of the year. This is a bitter blow and we are seriously running out of players who are able to play on the flanks now. We are crawling towards the January transfer market.

View attachment 193313

4-4-2 diamond with Martial and Williamson up top and Ozil behind them?

4-4-2 diamond with Martial and Williamson up top and Ozil behind them?

Yeah I am seriously taking this under consideration, either that or pressing Barkley into service on the right hand side and bringing Hesketh or Maia into the middle. Will need to have a look at our opponents first.

View attachment 1005954
Wolves Vs Southampton
22nd December, 2020.

View attachment 193311
View attachment 193310
View attachment 193309
Excellent advice Patrick, you were spot on! a switch to a narrow diamond formation paid off magnificently as both Martial and Williamson registered two goals and an assist as we thumped Wolves at Molineux. Ross Barkley was the man that lost out the reshuffle as Thiago Maia came in to take his place just to shore up the midfield slightly.

View attachment 193308

View attachment 1005959
Newcastle Vs Southampton
27th December, 2020.

View attachment 193307
View attachment 1005961
View attachment 193306
What a way to end the year. We cruised to victory against Newcastle with Mike Williamson scoring another two goals to add to his remarkable tally this month. The success of this narrow diamond formation is beginning to make me question whether we need to go in for a winger in the transfer window. Perhaps we can just play this formation until Bale and Insigne return?

View attachment 193305

View attachment 1005971
December Review

View attachment 193297
A FANTASTIC month as we secure top spot in our Champions League and only drop two points in the Premiership, going unbeaten over the Christmas period. Its not just the results that have made me so happy, it is the manner of them. We are the Premierships top scorers and have the 4th best defensive record. We dominate games and play an attractive brand of football, it has been quite a season so far.

View attachment 193296
The Premiership looks very good from where I am sitting. United are still going strong out in front but we are keeping pace for the moment and keeping ourselves in it. Man City are also very much still in it as well with their three games in hand. Chelsea are the surprise strugglers this season and even Europa League football is beginning to look unlikely.

View attachment 193295
The third round of the FA Cup will see us take on Sunderland away from home.

View attachment 193294
While the Champions League gives us a massive occasion to look forward to as we get Atletico Madrid with the crucial second leg being played at St Marys.

Player of the Month
View attachment 193291
Mike Williamson has been an absolute machine over the past month, banging in 9 goals in 5 appearances and taking the first time by storm. Still just 19 years of age, this kid is giving Martial a run for his money!

January Preview
View attachment 193290

View attachment 193289
View attachment 193288

View attachment 193287
Just a quick update on the England front, International football goes very quiet now until the summer pretty much. I have managed to schedule in a friendly against Portugal at Wembley in March but other than that we have to wait til summer. Speaking of Summer, due to Martinez successfully winning the Euros, we have been entered into the Confederations Cup and the group draw took place last week.

View attachment 193286
I think we have to be favourites for this group and should easily qualify for the semi-finals. In further news, because we finished top of our Nations League group we have qualified for the semis of that competition as well and will face Spain for a chance to play either Ukraine or Ireland in the final.

View attachment 193284

View attachment 1005997

Southampton Vs Swansea
1st January, 2021.

View attachment 193276
View attachment 193275
View attachment 193274
An excellent start to the new year as we found ourselves 2-0 up inside two minutes, first through a Thiago Maia worldy from 30 yards and then from Mike Williamson who continued his stunning form. We didnt have to wait long for a 3rd when Dele Alli tapped home from close range and despite Schneiderlin getting himself sent off, we never looked in danger.

View attachment 193273

Mike Williamson is on fire, long may it continue. Fingers crossed I haven't just jinxed him.

View attachment 193181
Sunderland Vs Southampton
6th January, 2021.

View attachment 193180
View attachment 193179
View attachment 193178
Well it was a lot closer than I would have liked but we got the job done. We actually had to come from behind as Sunderland led 2-1 at half time and it could have been worse than that if Courtois hadnt saved a penalty but luckily Martial was up to the task and his hatrick got us the win. Such a nice dilemma to have! two strikers who cannot stop scoring.

View attachment 193176
Watford at home in the 4th round is the reward for our toils.

Last edited:
Back