View attachment 976453
View attachment 214924
View attachment 214923
Starting XI - Begovic, Bertrand, Van Dijk, Fonte, Tete, Bender, Clasie, Rodriguez, Tadic, Ward-Prowse, Pelle.

A crushing defeat. Absolutely gutted with this one, especially as once again we missed a penalty, this time Tadic the culprit. I dont know what it is with players on debut but Tete managed to get himself sent off which made things twice as difficult. We defended like deamons for most of the game but 20 seconds before the end of extra time Jon Walters latched onto a deflection off of Begovic to stroke home.

That last result must have hurt :( Still doing a great job though!

I'm a little worried about Ganso's short stay, hasn't exactly set the world alight for me early on either :S

I'm a little worried about Ganso's short stay, hasn't exactly set the world alight for me early on either :S

He is a very frustrating player.. clearly got talent.. but doesnt show it, then complains when hes dropped.. I felt it better to get my money back before his value dropped.

View attachment 214918
View attachment 214917
View attachment 214916
Starting XI - Begovic, Bertrand, Van Dijk, Fonte, Cedric, Wanyama, Clasie, Rodriguez, Davis, Ward-Prowse, Pelle.

Safely through to the next round of the FA Cup with a good win against Crystal Palace. Captain Fantastic Jose Fonte headed our only goal of the game to get us through to the 5th round which matches the boards expectations of me this season. I eagerly anticipate the draw and hope for an easier team to give us a good cup run.

View attachment 976474
View attachment 214914
And in true fashion, my praying for a good cup draw has worked wonders as we get Man Utd, the silver lining being it is at home.

In further news Cuco Martina has been sold to Bristol City.

View attachment 214913
Roman has pulled the trigger! he has clearly had enough of Chelsea under performing and has paid the money to fire Jose. Flattered to see myself high on the odds but I will not be going anywhere.

View attachment 214912

Last edited:
View attachment 976481
January Review

View attachment 214911
Very almost the perfect month with the missed penalty in the last minute against Chelsea and the result against Swansea the only things detracting from it. Good progression in the FA Cup and a derby day win against Bournemouth showed our progression as a team.
View attachment 214910
The league table is starting to spread out a little with the bottom three in serious trouble and City running away with it at the top. Klopp is working wonders at Liverpool and Jose has paid for Chelsea's poor form and 12th position. The most intriguing part of the table is the mid table battle. Just 4 points separate 6th place Watford (Amazing by the way!) and 12th place Chelsea. All the teams in between have a shot at European qualification and they are good teams as well. Everton, Swansea, West Ham, Stoke, Chelsea, Southampton and Watford. Its going to be a fascinating run in.

Player of the Month
View attachment 214909
Jose Fonte has been in sensation form this month and chipped in with two goals to top of his dominating performances in the centre of defence. Well done Jose.

February Preview
View attachment 214908
February could be a slightly more relaxing month with not so many games crammed into it. Leicester and Norwich are games we really should be winning while Sporting in the Europa League will be a fascinating challenge.

View attachment 976496
View attachment 214904
View attachment 214903
Starting XI - Begovic, Bertrand, Van Dijk, Fonte, Clyne, Bender, Clasie, Rodriguez, Davis, Mane, Pelle.

This is not good enough, we are slipping further and further behind the chasing pack by failing to pick up wins in games that we should be winning. Sadio Mane scored our only goal of the game but Gokhan Inler was able to equalise after some excellent play by Jamie Vardy. It turns out the result was not enough to save poor Claudio.

View attachment 214902

View attachment 976517
View attachment 214894
View attachment 214893
Starting XI - Begovic, Bertrand, Yoshida, Van Dijk, Tete, Bender, Wanyama, Tadic, Ward-Prowse, Mane, Austin.

Oh yes! just as I thought we were on a hiding to nothing, up pops Graziano Pelle to break his dry spell and convert our dominance into 3 vital points. Norwich didnt have a sniff for the whole game and Alex Tettey didnt help matters for them by getting sent off.

View attachment 976523
View attachment 214892
View attachment 214891
Starting XI - Begovic, Bertrand, Van Dijk, Fonte, Cedric, Wanyama, Davis, Tadic, Mane, Rodriguez, Pelle.

Despite having the vast majority of chances it just wasnt to be on a difficult night in Portugal. We hit the post a couple of times and missed some sitters to leave us looking extremely vulnerable and without an away goal. We are going to have to do very well to claw our way back into this tie.

View attachment 976541View attachment 214884
View attachment 214883
Starting XI - Begovic, Bertrand, Fonte, Yoshida, Cedric, Wanyama, Davis, Tadic, Mane, Rodriguez, Austin.

A fantastic win thanks to a last gasp effort from Maya Yoshida! I really thought we were dead and burried when we went 2-0 down before half time but a wonderful 2nd half effort from all the lads helped us to turn it around with Tadic, Austin and then Yoshida scoring goals to put us into the next round of the cup!

View attachment 976552
View attachment 976554
View attachment 214880
Starting XI - Begovic, Bertrand, Van Dijk, Fonte, Cedric, Wanyama, Clasie, Tadic, Mane, Rodriguez, Austin.

A fantastic, fantastic result tonight! There was a real party atmosphere on the South Coast at St Mary's as a tactical tweak saw us destroy Sporting 4-0 to take the tie 4-2 and advance in the competition. Austin, Wanyama, Rodriguez and Tadic all featured on the score sheet with the highlight of the game being Wanyamas bullet from 25 yards. I have never seen a volley hit so well. This is real progress and proof that we can punch above our weight in Europe.

View attachment 976566
View attachment 214873
View attachment 214872
Starting XI - Begovic, Bertrand, Van Dijk, Fonte, Cedric, Wanyama, Clasie, Tadic, Mane, Rodriguez, Austin.

Tight at the back, fluid going forward and dominating possession, the perfect performance. I am absolutely delighted with the lads who are on a real roll now in terms of form. Tadic opened the scoring and then Pelle (coming on as a substitute) doubled our lead. It is fantastic that we have two strikers in Pelle and Austin who are in form and scoring goals, it is a nice dilemma to have making the selection every week.

View attachment 976575
February Review

View attachment 214871
Another almost perfect month. Consecutive wins over Norwich and Sunderland see us make some real progress in the league while we also stay alive in the Europa League and FA Cup.
View attachment 214870
While we haven't made much progress up the table in terms of position, we are massively closer to fulfilling our Europa League goals. Our game in hand could see us up into the Euro places and momentum is now on our side as well. Chelsea are still languishing with Carlo Ancellotti failing to reverse their fortunes quickly and I'm sure you will not be surprised to see Arsenal beginning to tail off with Liverpool and United still with games in hand. At this point Bournemouth and Leicester look pretty much gone but anything can happen in the Premier League.

View attachment 214869
The Europa League had drawn us against Liverpool in the last 16. A tricky tie but one I am sure players and fans alike are relishing.

View attachment 214868
I would hesitate to say that the FA Cup draw has been slightly kinder to us with an away trip to Middlesbrough in the quarter finals. We are going to have to work hard and field a strong side to avoid an upset here.

Player of the Month
View attachment 214867
Dusan Tadic has had a storming month and his 3 goals in the last 3 games have done enough for me to vote him the Saints player of the month. Well done Dusan.

March Preview
View attachment 214866
Ouch, now thats what I call a tough month. Arsenal, Manchester United, Trying to avoid a cupset and then Liverpool twice is going to pay a toll on the squad, lets hope they are up to it.

Great turnaround in Feb! Lets hope you can carry some of that form over into March - looks like you'll need it!! ;)

View attachment 976598
View attachment 214859
View attachment 214858
Starting XI - Begovic, Bertrand, Van Dijk, Fonte, Cedric, Bender, Clasie, Tadic, Mane, Ward-Prowse, Pelle.

Graziano Pelle take a bow! Four goals for the Italian hitman saw us edge past Arsenal in some style. This could prove to be a massive win in terms of our league standing but of course there is always a down side. Sadio Mane picked up an injury during the match and will miss the next 4-5 weeks. This could be a serious blow to our chances and it is going to have to be either Jay Rodriguez or Juanmi filling in the central shadow striker role.

View attachment 214857

View attachment 976627
View attachment 214847
View attachment 214846
Starting XI - Begovic, Bertrand, Van Dijk, Fonte, Cedric, Wanyama, Clasie, Tadic, Rodriguez, Ward-Prowse, Pelle.

A cracking match in the rain at St Mary's as we battled for a draw against Liverpool. Benteke opened the scoring after a goalmouth scramble and then Wanyama equalised almost instantly with another beauty of a half volley. Liverpool's away goal just about gives them the edge for the away leg at Anfield.