W4NKER

Reaction score
The Aim:

Turn a 17 year old kid into a club legend

Why?:

Well, two of the few steam achievements I am yet to unlock are

- 'Generate a Son': Have a player retire after 10 years of service for your club

- 'Club Legend': Spend 20 years at one club

So by concentrating on turning a 17 year old into a club legend I can hopefully achieve both.

If the 17 year old retires at, say, 33 then I'll unlock the Generate a Son achievement AND I'll therefore be around 15/16 years into the 20 years required for the Club Legend achievement.

Michael Surman (Norwich) - posts 1 - 75

Rhys Shaw (Melbourne Victory) - post 76 onwards

Last edited:
THE KID

View attachment 375301

Coach Report

View attachment 375302

History

View attachment 375303

Current League Table

View attachment 375304

Manager's History

View attachment 375305

As you can see I've started this on my long term save so we as 2108 and I'm two seasons into a Norwich career with a newly created manager.

I was going to do this with a fully fledged Norwich youth academy product but the two years batches of youth team player haven't been great so I snapped up young Surman from Swansea.

He had a long term injury preseason so is only returning to fitness now in January and ready to begin his journey.

Last edited:
My guess would be the best player for this is Neal Maupay? Might do it with him on my Fulham Save. I'm already 3 years in.

My guess would be the best player for this is Neal Maupay? Might do it with him on my Fulham Save. I'm already 3 years in.
Oh sorry Danny I was editing the second post so I'll just be doing this on my long term save with a regen/newgen (whatever they are called these days)

Oh sorry Danny I was editing the second post so I'll just be doing this on my long term save with a regen/newgen (whatever they are called these days)

Ah right, no worries. Bet he'd be pretty good from the start though, especially if he played past 35 you could have the 20 years managing before he even retired!

His first start and his first goal! Home game against a Blue Square Premier team is always good to blood younsgters.

View attachment 375329

Sub on 62mins. A couple of decent chances but no goal this time.

View attachment 375328

Sub on 68mins. Being 4-1 up from the first leg I was tempted to start him but I don't want to rush him too soon.

View attachment 375327

Sub on 46mins. 5-0 up at half time in the FA Cup so on he game and managed the seventh goal on 72mins.

View attachment 375333

SeasonAppsGoalsAssistsMoM
2107/081(4)200

Sub on 90mins. 2-1 down so threw on all strikers but couldnt equalize.

View attachment 375362

Sub on 87mins. No time to impact.

View attachment 375361

On 68mins. 3-0 up against Man Utd in the FA Cup so more good experience

View attachment 375365

On 69mins. 4-0 up against the mighty Real Madrid. Lets see how he copes with the pressure!

ANSWER: Scored after 4 minutes!

View attachment 375368

2107/081(8)300

Amazing stuff mate keep the updates coming thick and fast. Might even try this myself

Game #10

A LEGEND IN THE MAKING?!?

Hollywood stuff this.

10th game is the Capital One Final against Tottenham.

We have a goal disallowed on 70 minutes.

Spurs go up the field and score on 72 minutes.

I wait...and wait...and wait.

Little happens.

So I throw on Surman on 88 minutes. Three strikers on the field now.

Injury time.

93rd minute.

SURMAN!!!! GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLL!!!!

THE BOY WONDER!!

We go on and win the cup 2-1 in extra time!

View attachment 375373

View attachment 375372

He has just turned 18 and claimed his first winners medal and his attributes are on the rise!

View attachment 375371

whats his real name or did you just add the stars to his real name?

Start. First start in the league and hit the woodwork along with another couple of chances yet we somehow lost 2-0 to a team who only had one shot the entire game.

View attachment 375384

On 69mins. Didn't do much.

View attachment 375383

On 60mins. As we were battering Real Madrid I threw him on and he missed two glorious chances to score in the Bernabeu against the mighty Real Madrid.

View attachment 375382

Off 45mins. Started and scored but the second choice striker who Surman has replaced is moaning about lack of game time so I will rotate the two of them in the next few games and maybe sell the second choice at the end of the season.

View attachment 375381

Off 45mins. Another 45min cameo and another goal. Improving all the time and we are running away with the league so he should get plenty of starts in the remaining games.

View attachment 375379

2107/084(11)610

Very interesting idea mate. Do you only get the achievement in steam if you play it on classic mode or can you get it on both modes?

2108??? If i Played fm for almost 100 season my laptop would internally combust.

Good luck on it tho, I'll be following

Very interesting idea mate. Do you only get the achievement in steam if you play it on classic mode or can you get it on both modes?

Generate a Son is FMC only I think. CLub Legend is both

2108??? If i Played fm for almost 100 season my laptop would internally combust.

Good luck on it tho, I'll be following

Cheers. Easily my longest ever save on any FM

Sub off 74mins. A goal and an assist. Easily his best performance thus far.

View attachment 375591

Full 90. Seen plenty of the ball and set up a goal but couldn't manage one himself.

View attachment 375590

Sub off 45. Wasn't playing well and second choice striker was itching for a game.

View attachment 375589

Full 90. Set up a goal but otherwise quiet as Sullivan scored 4 and stole the show.

View attachment 375588

Full 90. Another assist. At least if you don't score them then set them up.

View attachment 375587

Will follow this as I like the idea.
How do you get that far in a save?!Wouldn't you get bored?

Will follow this as I like the idea.
How do you get that far in a save?!Wouldn't you get bored?
Done the Pentagon Challenge and a few other things. Once I feel bored I resign and go to a different club or country.