Cricket

Cricket World Cup 2015 is now less then 100 days away........
Your fav team???

Cricket World Cup 2015 is now less then 100 days away........
Your fav team???

Dunno bout favs but always like watching the smaller nations play (Netherands, UAE, Afghanistan etc.) the French cut is a lost art lol

Rohit Sharma scored his 2nd double century in ODI cricket. Scored 264. Only player to score 200 runs in ODI more than once.

Don't think we will see another innings like that for a while, if ever! It was amazing. How would the guy that dropped him on 17? be feeling lol

Yea still cant believe it, was only listening to a (tv) doctor yesterday who was saying he had a good chance of a full recovery. How about the guy who bowled the ball, how would he feel? :'(

He's getting counselling. For this to happen when you're just doing your job and delivering a cricket ball is just-well I can't fathom what it's like so I'm not even going to try to guess. All I do know is he is 100% not to blame for what happened.

He's getting counselling. For this to happen when you're just doing your job and delivering a cricket ball is just-well I can't fathom what it's like so I'm not even going to try to guess. All I do know is he is 100% not to blame for what happened.

Yeah, i think the only person that will blame Sean Abbott is Sean Abbott i'm afraid.

Such an unfortunate accident! Feelings go out to his family! Hope there are no knee jerk reactions to this like banning bouncers or something like that. Hope Abbott gets all the support he needs and comes back again. Truly sad news! :(

Read in few papers that not a single bouncer was bowled by Kiwis vs Pakistan on the first day.

As a mark of respect, Hesson revealed that his bowlers decided against bowling bouncers the entire day. He said: "You know we didn't have anyone under the lid today, no one fielded with the helmet on. We didn't bowl a bouncer all day. You know that was just one of the things to do ... show some respect."

Read in few papers that not a single bouncer was bowled by Kiwis vs Pakistan on the first day.

Thats very interesting. Wonder what day 2 will bring? Would hate to see the short ball disappear from the game entirely.

Horrible incident.

I've just got stock of the revised helmet designs to meet upgraded safety standards, as insisted on by the ICC medical panel. Now there are a lot of people (mostly outside of the game) asking for helmets to be redesigned again to protect the neck. If they get their way they may well bankrupt the helmet manufacturers (Masuri, Albion, Adidas/Ayrtek) as they have spent tens (collectively it is possibly hundreds) of thousands of pounds already on new designs and also on wasted stock due to the new safety tests.

It's a horrible event and a horrible thing to say, but the first thing a cricketer is (or should) be told, is not to turn your back on any delivery. Helmets are safer than they have ever been but people outside the game are demanding changes. It's a dangerous sport and it is impossible to remove all risk.

As a result of this i have sold way more helmets than i would have expected to in late November/early December, as parents trade in their children's perfectly serviceable old style helmets for models that meet the new safety standard.

Changing topics.

Cricket world cup kicks off in feb, who are we all tipping? Personally i think if India can cope with the bouncier conditions they are shoe ins!!x

For anyone interested in the extravagant. My little cricket store played host to a true world first this weekend, the result of a project dreamt up by one of my good friends in the industry. A cricket bat with a DIAMOND mounted inside it. Robert Pack is the batmaker and the idea came from George Fox of Stretton Fox sports. Two brilliant cricket people doing exciting things. This has created a real buzz in the 24 hours since it has been in the public eye.

View attachment 321845View attachment 321844

Last edited:
For anyone interested in the extravagant. My little cricket store played host to a true world first this weekend, the result a of project dreamt up by one of my good friends in the industry. A cricket bat with a DIAMOND mounted inside it. Robert Pack is the batmaker and the idea came from George Fox of Stretton Fox sports. Two brilliant cricket people doing exciting things. This has created a real buzz in the 24 hours since it has been in the public eye.

View attachment 722293View attachment 722294

Christ! How much would that set you back?

Suppose if you have to ask, you can't afford it!

Looks nice though :)

Christ! How much would that set you back?

Suppose if you have to ask, you can't afford it!

Looks nice though :)

I think you've hit the nail on the head. George has made luxury bat covers in the past from all sorts of rare and exclusive leathers and skins, for about £500 a go, they all sold very quickly.

He hasn't mentioned a sale price to me yet, but based on what he said about the cost of the stone alone, we are talking many thousands of pounds.

Was intimidating to hold it, didn't want to drop it and/or dislodge the diamond.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. George has made luxury bat covers in the past from all sorts of rare and exclusive leathers and skins, for about £500 a go, they all sold very quickly.

He hasn't mentioned a sale price to me yet, but based on what he said about the cost of the stone alone, we are talking many thousands of pounds.

Was intimidating to hold it, didn't want to drop it and/or dislodge the diamond.

Ha ha, yeah god forbid you broke it! Don't know about you but i'd be paying that little mistake off for a while ;)