Cricket

Anyone watching the 5th ODI between India and Sri Lanka?

And please get that idiot Rohit Sharma out of the team. How long will it take for the selectors to realise he is nothing more than a over-rated, over hyped buckaroo whose career has not moved forward since the day he entered the Indian team

Anyone watching the 5th ODI between India and Sri Lanka?

And please get that idiot Rohit Sharma out of the team. How long will it take for the selectors to realise he is nothing more than a over-rated, over hyped buckaroo whose career has not moved forward since the day he entered the Indian team

IPL great, nothing more. We are wasting chances to give other players who deserve more than that idiot.

IPL great, nothing more. We are wasting chances to give other players who deserve more than that idiot.

Loads of past players say he is the most talented player in the team blah blah blah.... I honestly can't remember one match-winning knock he has played for India. I think he made his debut 5 years ago and his career has stayed where it is. Been an absolute failure in all 5 ODI's

Virat Kohli.. Now their is a class player. Consistent, match winner and a cool head. Vice-Captain and World-Cup Winner at 23 along with a bagful of centuries. And he entered International Cricket a year after Sharma. This kid is something special to watch

tbh the amount of talent the Indian team has is scary but from what I know... most of them get held back by politics and such

Loads of past players say he is the most talented player in the team blah blah blah.... I honestly can't remember one match-winning knock he has played for India. I think he made his debut 5 years ago and his career has stayed where it is. Been an absolute failure in all 5 ODI's

Virat Kohli.. Now their is a class player. Consistent, match winner and a cool head. Vice-Captain and World-Cup Winner at 23 along with a bagful of centuries. And he entered International Cricket a year after Sharma. This kid is something special to watch

tbh the amount of talent the Indian team has is scary but from what I know... most of them get held back by politics and such

No doubt he is talented tbh, just he doesn't know how to apply himself, he makes small mistake often which he has not rectified for 5 years.

Best example was Raina, he was selected early in his career, didn't live up to expectations so was sent back to play domestic cricket where he corrected his flaws and became much much better player. We should do the same thing to Rohit Sharma. There were plenty of young players who never got chances and here we have a player who is given so many chances but not making most of it.

Many a times he looks like "I dont give a ****".

Don't start me on the politics and selection issue, it is embarrassing. ******* corrupted bastards.

No doubt he is talented tbh, just he doesn't know how to apply himself, he makes small mistake often which he has not rectified for 5 years.

Best example was Raina, he was selected early in his career, didn't live up to expectations so was sent back to play domestic cricket where he corrected his flaws and became much much better player. We should do the same thing to Rohit Sharma. There were plenty of young players who never got chances and here we have a player who is given so many chances but not making most of it.

Many a times he looks like "I dont give a ****".

Don't start me on the politics and selection issue, it is embarrassing. ******* corrupted bastards.

Actually If I remember correctly whenever Rohit Sharma is dropped.. He goes back and scores a couple of big knocks in domestic cricket putting his name back in the hat and prompting people to say this is his time. This is his series. He gets selected, he fails and then the cycle repeats itself

Worst part is these are sub-continental pitches against a team India should be hugely familiar with. The fact that he has failed 5 times consecutively will hoepfully prompt the selectors to drop him and give someone like Manoj Tiwary, who has performed when given a chance, an extended run in the team to strut his stuff

Also a lack of a genuine all-rounder is going to be detrimental to India's chances in the next World Cup. I know many Indian fans like to claim Irfan Pathan and Ashwin are all-rounders but lets be honest, both of them will never get into the team on their batting alone. I think the training methods in India are the problem., I remember reading somewhere that Amit Mishra's coach did not allow him to touch a bat for 2 years to develop him as a bolwer. These type of methods will never produce a genuine all-rounder in India

Hopefully the selectors are building a team for the 2015 WC.. However with India you never know. No offence Suni but the selection panel is a joke

Actually If I remember correctly whenever Rohit Sharma is dropped.. He goes back and scores a couple of big knocks in domestic cricket putting his name back in the hat and prompting people to say this is his time. This is his series. He gets selected, he fails and then the cycle repeats itself

Worst part is these are sub-continental pitches against a team India should be hugely familiar with. The fact that he has failed 5 times consecutively will hoepfully prompt the selectors to drop him and give someone like Manoj Tiwary, who has performed when given a chance, an extended run in the team to strut his stuff

Also a lack of a genuine all-rounder is going to be detrimental to India's chances in the next World Cup. I know many Indian fans like to claim Irfan Pathan and Ashwin are all-rounders but lets be honest, both of them will never get into the team on their batting alone. I think the training methods in India are the problem., I remember reading somewhere that Amit Mishra's coach did not allow him to touch a bat for 2 years to develop him as a bolwer. These type of methods will never produce a genuine all-rounder in India

Hopefully the selectors are building a team for the 2015 WC.. However with India you never know. No offence Suni but the selection panel is a joke

He shouldn't be dropped for just a season or two. It should be season or two. That is what we did with Zak, Raina and even Sehwag.

Tbh SL pitches are not really batting friendly in ODIs. They are dead slow and timing is bit difficult but no excuses for his failure though.

I disagree with Pathan, he is good with bat, he always does well with the bat and contribute nicely. Yeah we still need better allrounder but that never stopped us before. We always lacked a genuine allrounders. Our allrounders are spinners who are part timers like Yuvi.

Lol, our panel is joke and corruption in India is no secret. Not all an offence taken mate. It is fact.

He shouldn't be dropped for just a season or two. It should be season or two. That is what we did with Zak, Raina and even Sehwag.

Tbh SL pitches are not really batting friendly in ODIs. They are dead slow and timing is bit difficult but no excuses for his failure though.

I disagree with Pathan, he is good with bat, he always does well with the bat and contribute nicely. Yeah we still need better allrounder but that never stopped us before. We always lacked a genuine allrounders. Our allrounders are spinners who are part timers like Yuvi.

Lol, our panel is joke and corruption in India is no secret. Not all an offence taken mate. It is fact.

Well Pathan would never make it into the team on his batting alone and thats what the true definition of an all-rounder is right?... He can make the team on his batting or bowling alone

Rohit Sharma really needs to get his head down and get a good domestic season under his belt. It would be a good idea to get him into country cricket where he can expand his arsenal of shots and play against high quality bowlers. Doing well overseas would also put him in good stead to make the 2015 WC Squad which is being played in Australia... A country where Indian Batsman really struggle

I like the look of Ajinkya Rahane. Selectors took their time over him which is a good thing as he has some big Ranji Seasons under his belt which has given him the necessary experience to tackle the international circuit. Technically proficient Batsmen who can take over when Sehwag calls it a day

But in my opinion, Selectors should now look to build the Indian batting around Virat Kohli like they did with Sachin Tendulkar. That guy is the future, put some talented players like Raina, Tiwary and Rahane around him and India have a strong batting line-up for the future

Well Pathan would never make it into the team on his batting alone and thats what the true definition of an all-rounder is right?... He can make the team on his batting or bowling alone

I would call player contributing on both fronts as allrounder, and there was a time under Greg where Pathan played at 3rd slot which eventually ****** up his bowling though.

I don't remember having a genuine allrounder since Kapil Dev and I don't even know how it feels like having a players like Kallis, Cairns, Klusener, Flintoff. Like I said we have allrounders who are part time spinners and we have always relied on them.

We lack genuine fast bowlers (Now we have 2, still raw) and a genuine allrounder.

Rohit Sharma really needs to get his head down and get a good domestic season under his belt. It would be a good idea to get him into country cricket where he can expand his arsenal of shots and play against high quality bowlers. Doing well overseas would also put him in good stead to make the 2015 WC Squad which is being played in Australia... A country where Indian Batsman really struggle

Our overseas weakness is overblown tbh. We have won ODI series against Australia, yeah that was few years back, just saying batsman are not that bad. This season our team struggled a lot, but we have improved very much. Also I dont think many of our players will leave India for whatever reasons. I would love him to play County cricket though. Like you said quality of bowling is high.

I like the look of Ajinkya Rahane. Selectors took their time over him which is a good thing as he has some big Ranji Seasons under his belt which has given him the necessary experience to tackle the international circuit. Technically proficient Batsmen who can take over when Sehwag calls it a day

Rahane was very good, loved his batting. He tore us (RCB) apart and he exhibited his wide range of shots. Did well against England too, would love to see him in the team than Rohit Sharma. He deserves it.

But in my opinion, Selectors should now look to build the Indian batting around Virat Kohli like they did with Sachin Tendulkar. That guy is the future, put some talented players like Raina, Tiwary and Rahane around him and India have a strong batting line-up for the future

Agreed, Kohli is a gem but he should also play well in tests. Still very young in test matches so plenty of time to improve but players like Sachin, Dravid were already superb at his age in test matches. Still room for improvement.

Re selections, at least now we are giving chances to the players from smaller villages and cities, earlier it was only from places like Mumbai now players like Dhoni, Rainia all comes from smaller places.

I would call player contributing on both fronts as allrounder, and there was a time under Greg where Pathan played at 3rd slot which eventually ****** up his bowling though.

I don't remember having a genuine allrounder since Kapil Dev and I don't even know how it feels like having a players like Kallis, Cairns, Klusener, Flintoff. Like I said we have allrounders who are part time spinners and we have always relied on them.

We lack genuine fast bowlers (Now we have 2, still raw) and a genuine allrounder.

Our overseas weakness is overblown tbh. We have won ODI series against Australia, yeah that was few years back, just saying batsman are not that bad. This season our team struggled a lot, but we have improved very much. Also I dont think many of our players will leave India for whatever reasons. I would love him to play County cricket though. Like you said quality of bowling is high.

Rahane was very good, loved his batting. He tore us (RCB) apart and he exhibited his wide range of shots. Did well against England too, would love to see him in the team than Rohit Sharma. He deserves it.

Agreed, Kohli is a gem but he should also play well in tests. Still very young in test matches so plenty of time to improve but players like Sachin, Dravid were already superb at his age in test matches. Still room for improvement.

Re selections, at least now we are giving chances to the players from smaller villages and cities, earlier it was only from places like Mumbai now players like Dhoni, Rainia all comes from smaller places.

1. Yep two raw fast bowlers although if I may so.. They seem to get over-hyped by many Indian Fans particularly on cricinfo. They look good though however Varun Aaron is injury-prone and he needs to work on that

2. I disagree. Indians really got massacred in England and Australia. Batsemen really need to learn the art of leaving the ball outside off especially in conditions where its liable to swing

3. Rahane is really good. I see parallels between him and Rahul Dravid. Excellent player who can really go on to big things if developed right

1. Yep two raw fast bowlers although if I may so.. They seem to get over-hyped by many Indian Fans particularly on cricinfo. They look good though however Varun Aaron is injury-prone and he needs to work on that

2. I disagree. Indians really got massacred in England and Australia. Batsemen really need to learn the art of leaving the ball outside off especially in conditions where its liable to swing

3. Rahane is really good. I see parallels between him and Rahul Dravid. Excellent player who can really go on to big things if developed right

Overhyping is part and parcel of the game, may I add English, Aussi players over hyped? It's common to get excited about a player.

I disagree about the Indian batsmen. They have already proved they can play in England, Australia but this season they were in very poor form which was contributed by lack of rest also. Our schedule was joke and no wonder players were exhausted.

Also I don't get all this "players should play swing" thing, same way we say England players can't play on spinning tracks. We have played games where we have proved we are good enough to play in any conditions, just that our form was too poor.

U19 world champions. 2 times in last 3 world cups and 3 over all. Fantastic youngsters.

Number 1 in all formats of the game, I'm one happy saffa atm! :D

On a sadder note well done on Strauss for knowing when to call it a day, some other older players (Looking at you ponting!) need to learn when time is up!

Last thing, did anyone else notice that Michael Clarke somehow is the captain of the ICC team of the year? Unbelievable how he got that award over Smith is beyond me!

Seen sneak previews of 2013 ranges from Gray Nicolls, Slazenger and Gunn and Moore now. Not seen Kookaburra but hearing good things.

My personal favourite for 2013? The return of the Gray Nicolls Dynadrive, beautiful.

T20 world cup will be great! Ireland's opener is against a team ranked lower than them in the T20 rankings so they should win :p (Its Australia!)

Jake please don't use this thread for personal advertisement! I paid for premium membership and expect the benefits!

Its not personal advertising, i have nothing to do with cricket insight, the fact that they are using my pictures and giving me some free advertising in exchange is merely coincidence ;)

I come onto this thread hoping to find some news about the sport buts it always you with pics of bats and stuff. It just depresses me that I never get in for long enough to enjoy using a good bat QQ