A great season there for ya, by the way how did the better team on the M23 do? (Brighton btw lol)

good finish you did well especially from how you started off, just a tip when playing man city they tend to always play 3 in CM and 2 in CAM when i play them i always change my instructions to play wider and exploit flanks, when i did this i beat them 4-0

View attachment 757034

View attachment 307294

Going in to 2015-2016 we are looking to strengthen in various areas so that we can look to finish above last seasons 9th place finish. Some players who are not part of future plans will be moved on so there is enough room in the wage budget to bring new players in. It's going to be a VERY busy window, that's for certain.

PLAYERS IN;

View attachment 307293
Sergi Roberto £1.6m from Barcalona
Was not getting game time at Barca and was keen to move somewhere he would be a key figure. I was looking for a creative playmaker for midfield and he fits the bill perfectly.

View attachment 307292
Hatem Ben Arfa free transfer
After his loan finished at Hull who got relegated Newcastle chose not to renew his contract. Will come straight into my team as Zaha has gone back to Man Utd after his loan. I imaging this will be his last chance at proving himself in the Premier League and I will be hoping he can be a positive influence after losing his way in the last few years of his career.

View attachment 307291
Khouma Babacar £3.5m from Fiorentina
After making 15 appearence last season scoring 3 goals on loan we decided to bring him in on a permanent deal. He is still young and the backroom staff believe there is much more room for improvement. Tottenham wanted £25m for Kane which was far too much for us, they would not even let us have him on loan this season which prompted to complete the move for Babacar.

View attachment 307290
Sone Aluko £1.7m from Hull City
Aluko is unlikely to be a regular starter - purchased as he can play on the left wing or up front. He is a very good dribbler and will certainly cause a threat when called upon this season. Hull city being relegated meant that we could get him cheaply.

View attachment 307288
Mohamed Salah Loan from Chelsea
Not getting game time at Chelsea and they only wanted a small contribution towards his wages. We were going to go back in for Zaha but felt that Salah would be a bit more clinical in the final third.

PLAYERS OUT;
Jonny Williams £7.25m to QPR
James McArthur £5m Swansea
Hangeland contract ended
Speroni contract ended

View attachment 307286
We still have a little bit of money to spend and am close to completing deals for Curtis Davies, Bryan Oviedo & Yaya Sanogo.
Chelsea have made a big of £25 for Lucas Romero which has been rejected. He has asked for talks about his future at Crystal Palace and it is starting to look unlikely that he will be here next season. I was really hoping to be able to hold on to him but may have to plan for life without our best player.

View attachment 307285

There is still much time to go and many twists that is for sure. We have not even played our first pre season game and the team has changed dramatically. Hopefully we can keep Lucas Romero - I see this being of utmost importance as his impact last season after coming back from injury was what I believe helped us up the table.

Who could replace him if a bigger bid comes in? His min fee is £37.5m.

Some nice transfers, surprised Jon Williams didnt work out for ya for you to sell him as he got good potential (This coming from a Brighton fan lol) but good luck for the season

Some nice transfers, surprised Jon Williams didnt work out for ya for you to sell him as he got good potential (This coming from a Brighton fan lol) but good luck for the season

He never really impressed for me and don't think he will become good enough... I was trying to build some cash up and felt that £7m for someone i'm not using was too good to say no to!!!

I'll have to say that I'm really stoked by your achievement. I'll definitely be following this thread.

there r a couple of awesome kids in the Norway under 21 set up,go have alook and buy if u can,lol I can't remember there names,when I play later I will tell u who they r.

Odegaard attack mid
Ajer Def mid,awesome players,I hav them in my Leicester save.

Last edited:
I'll have to say that I'm really stoked by your achievement. I'll definitely be following this thread.

Cheers mate - Am hoping we can make more progress in the coming season... it's been a crazy summer transfer wise

View attachment 757726

View attachment 306983

PLAYERS OUT;

View attachment 306982
Lucas Romero £27.5m to Chelsea
Since making some strong additions to the squad in the last update we have been rocked by Chelsea making a bid for Lucas Romero. He was my first signing and without doubt first name on the team sheet each week. An initial £15m bid was rejected which prompted discussions between Romero & myself where I was hoping to be able to convince him to stay... However, he stated that he wanted to be able to challenge for the title and play in the Champions League this season and was not prepared to wait to see if we were able to do that in the next few years. I agreed to sell if a high enough bid comes in. I was hoping to get £37.5m (min fee release clause) for him but that wasn't going to happen. I ended up accepting Chelseas £25m + £2.5m over 12 months. So, with Romero out the picture that left a big space in my starting 11. I only got 50% of the transfer to use myself and Romero wasn't on a BIG contract. It looked like I would struggle from this point in.

View attachment 306981
Dwight Gayle £8m to Frankfurt
He was our main striker this time last year - however with Babacar coming in as our main striker and Gayle would of only been used as back up. I was open to sell Gayle if a high bid came in. Frankfurt were the highest bidder and he was happy to make the move to Germany. Good luck to him.

Frazier Campbell to West Ham (free)
Barry Bannan to Peterborough (free)
Glen Murray to Brentford £300K

PLAYERS IN;

View attachment 306976
Oriol Romeu £4m from Chelsea
After missing out on Schneiderlin who chose Real Sociedad over Crystal Palace we went in for Romeu. Romeu will offer experience of playing in various european leagues after being out on loan at Valencia & Stuttgart in recent seasons. Has the potential to be a big player for Crystal Palace and we will be hoping that he can fill the void left by Lucas Romero.

View attachment 306972
Yaya Sanogo £1.9m from Arsenal
Spent last season on loan at RC Lens and struggled to find form there. Is a bit of a gamble but I wanted someone who has a point to prove and will be hoping that he can contribute when called upon as backup for Babacar this season.

View attachment 306970
Bryan Oviedo £3m from Everton
Really happy with this signing. Was able to leave cheaply due to not getting much game time behind Leighton Baines and will offer an attacking full back option from the left that we didn't have in Zeki Fryers. Will look for him to get forward as much as possible to get some crosses in for our big strikers.

View attachment 757754
James Tomkins £2m from West Ham
He was a regular for West Ham last season and I was surprised he was able to leave so cheaply. Will be a direct replacement for Hangeland who we released at the end of the season due to being on the decline and high wage demands.

View attachment 306969
Tiago Ilori Loan from Liverpool
Liverpool fans were promised much when he signed for £7m from sporting a few years ago and has yet to make an appearance in the Premier League after being at Granada & Bordeaux on loan. He impressed at Bordeaux last season and he will offer a good pacey competition for places at the back.

View attachment 306968
There has been lots of ins and outs. I believe that although we lost Lucas Romero, the squad is now alot stronger with the investment that has been made. We still have enough money to get 1 more player in but I will wait until towards deadline day to see how we get on in the first few games and to see who comes available. We were close to signing Abel Hernandez from Hull for a cut price deal as they were relegated but he suffered a serious injury while waiting for the work permit and then failed the medical.

View attachment 306966View attachment 306964View attachment 306963
We will line up in the same way we did last season, however due to the additions of Ben Arfa & Sergi Roberto we have added a 3rd tactic with an advanced playmaker in the AMC position. I am hoping that with our quality in the wide areas (Salah, Ben Arfa, Bolasie & Aluko) that we can create lots of chances and that Babacar can cause damage with his strong all round ability but particularly in the air.

AUGUST FIXTURES;
Aston Villa (away)
Everton (home)
Charlton (away) league cup
Arsenal (away)

Some interesting transfers, always unlucky when players wanna leave for a bigger club, Alli did that for me at Brighton on my first save with them

View attachment 757726

View attachment 757729

PLAYERS OUT;

View attachment 757730
Lucas Romero £27.5m to Chelsea
Since making some strong additions to the squad in the last update we have been rocked by Chelsea making a bid for Lucas Romero. He was my first signing and without doubt first name on the team sheet each week. An initial £15m bid was rejected which prompted discussions between Romero & myself where I was hoping to be able to convince him to stay... However, he stated that he wanted to be able to challenge for the title and play in the Champions League this season and was not prepared to wait to see if we were able to do that in the next few years. I agreed to sell if a high enough bid comes in. I was hoping to get £37.5m (min fee release clause) for him but that wasn't going to happen. I ended up accepting Chelseas £25m + £2.5m over 12 months. So, with Romero out the picture that left a big space in my starting 11. I only got 50% of the transfer to use myself and Romero wasn't on a BIG contract. It looked like I would struggle from this point in.

View attachment 757732
Dwight Gayle £8m to Frankfurt
He was our main striker this time last year - however with Babacar coming in as our main striker and Gayle would of only been used as back up. I was open to sell Gayle if a high bid came in. Frankfurt were the highest bidder and he was happy to make the move to Germany. Good luck to him.

Frazier Campbell to West Ham (free)
Barry Bannan to Peterborough (free)
Glen Murray to Brentford £300K

PLAYERS IN;

View attachment 757744
Oriol Romeu £4m from Chelsea
After missing out on Schneiderlin who chose Real Sociedad over Crystal Palace we went in for Romeu. Romeu will offer experience of playing in various european leagues after being out on loan at Valencia & Stuttgart in recent seasons. Has the potential to be a big player for Crystal Palace and we will be hoping that he can fill the void left by Lucas Romero.

View attachment 757751
Yaya Sanogo £1.9m from Arsenal
Spent last season on loan at RC Lens and struggled to find form there. Is a bit of a gamble but I wanted someone who has a point to prove and will be hoping that he can contribute when called upon as backup for Babacar this season.

View attachment 757753
Bryan Oviedo £3m from Everton
Really happy with this signing. Was able to leave cheaply due to not getting much game time behind Leighton Baines and will offer an attacking full back option from the left that we didn't have in Zeki Fryers. Will look for him to get forward as much as possible to get some crosses in for our big strikers.

View attachment 757754
James Tomkins £2m from West Ham
He was a regular for West Ham last season and I was surprised he was able to leave so cheaply. Will be a direct replacement for Hangeland who we released at the end of the season due to being on the decline and high wage demands.

View attachment 757757
Tiago Ilori Loan from Liverpool
Liverpool fans were promised much when he signed for £7m from sporting a few years ago and has yet to make an appearance in the Premier League after being at Granada & Bordeaux on loan. He impressed at Bordeaux last season and he will offer a good pacey competition for places at the back.

View attachment 757760
There has been lots of ins and outs. I believe that although we lost Lucas Romero, the squad is now alot stronger with the investment that has been made. We still have enough money to get 1 more player in but I will wait until towards deadline day to see how we get on in the first few games and to see who comes available. We were close to signing Abel Hernandez from Hull for a cut price deal as they were relegated but he suffered a serious injury while waiting for the work permit and then failed the medical.

View attachment 757765View attachment 757770View attachment 757772
We will line up in the same way we did last season, however due to the additions of Ben Arfa & Sergi Roberto we have added a 3rd tactic with an advanced playmaker in the AMC position. I am hoping that with our quality in the wide areas (Salah, Ben Arfa, Bolasie & Aluko) that we can create lots of chances and that Babacar can cause damage with his strong all round ability but particularly in the air.

AUGUST FIXTURES;
Aston Villa (away)
Everton (home)
Charlton (away) league cup
Arsenal (away)

I would have held on to Romero at all cost. No matter what it took

Felt that it would cause too many problems. I want players who want to be there and work towards future targets.

The he money has been helpful bringing some depth to the squad.

View attachment 758289

View attachment 306736

View attachment 306731
Lorenzo Crisetig Loan from Inter Milan
Spent last season on loan at Cagliari and impressed. Inter Milan popped him on the loan list again and felt that he would be a good addition to us for this season. A hard working all round centre midfielder that will certainly get a chance to prove himself in the Premier League.

View attachment 306729
Fernando Pacheco free transfer
Castilla (Real Madrid B) released him from his contract and felt that it would be worth bringing him in due to Hennessey being inconsistent last year without any real competition in goal. Pacheco is 23 and has a lot of potential.

AUGUST GAMES;

View attachment 306727
Aston Villa 2-2 Crystal Palace
A really close game - both teams had chances to take all 3 points but we will be disappointed that we let Villa level the game so late on. Babacar was impressive throughout.

View attachment 306726
Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton
Tim Howard was man of the match today and we should really of scored. However we did manage to keep a clean sheet with an organised performance which was pleasing to see with so many new signings still settling in.

View attachment 306724
Charlton 2-1 Crystal Palace (Capital one cup)
We mixed the team up as it was only 2 days since the Everton game. We took an early lead but failed to take our chances and didn't really look like the Premier League team. Quite happy to concentrate on the Premier League + the FA Cup this season though.

View attachment 306722View attachment 306720
Arsenal 2-4 Crystal Palace
Fantastic victory. We had to endure much pressure from a strong Arsenal side and managed to keep ourselves in the game. Ben Arfa scored a free kick from 35 yards out - it was a screamer. Salah countered with blistering pace and finished straight afterwards to put us in the lead and new loan signing Crisetig gave a debut goal in the last minute to put the game beyond Arsenal.

SEPTEMBER FIXTURES;
Watford (Home)
Southampton (Away)
Stoke (Home)

We were frustrated to have lost in the League cup but on the whole pleased to be unbeaten so far this season. The new signings are fitting in well and we are creating lots of chances. A superb result against Arsenal was a particular highlight and we will hope to continue the decent start to the season.

View attachment 758335
There are a few days to go of the Transfer Window and the board have given us some more of the Lucas Romero sale to re-invest. I am in two minds about adding another striker. Babacar is 1st choice but Sanogo hasn't look too dangerous. I may continue until January with what I have and see what the market looks like then.

View attachment 306717

This is incredible stuff! Great position last year and you lost about 6 of the first ten games last season, unbeaten in August now mate and you could push for Europe.

This is incredible stuff! Great position last year and you lost about 6 of the first ten games last season, unbeaten in August now mate and you could push for Europe.

Yeah - last season I had injury problems at the beginning. Jedinak has been injured but otherwise I've been OK. Would love to qualify for Europe this season.

Some interesting transfers, always unlucky when players wanna leave for a bigger club, Alli did that for me at Brighton on my first save with them

Was frustrating but onwards & upwards. As a result we've got more players capable of challenging for first team places now and hopefully that means more points at the end of the season!

View attachment 758624

View attachment 306594

View attachment 306583

Deadline day is here and I had been given a bit of extra cash to spend if I wanted from the sale of Lucas Romero to Chelsea for £27.5m and Dwight Gayle to Frankfurt for £8m. Initially I was given 45% of each of those transfers and as a result the bank balance is looking very healthy. I asked the board for some more cash and they were happy for that to happen after being impressive with transfers in the last 12 months.

I was torn between 2 players from the same team. Mo Diame to add a strong physical presence in midfield or Abel Hernandez to add to our strike force. Abel Hernandez had failed a medical earlier in the window for us and although still inured I was hoping he would now be able to pass.

PLAYERS IN;

View attachment 306593
Abel Hernandez £7m from Hull City
Hull have been relegated to the Championship and Hernandez wanted to leave. I felt that if Babacar got injured that we would have problems with Sanogo being our only obvious back up other than Aluko. So Hernandez will sometimes partner Babacar which would be an exciting combination if they can establish a good understanding. However as previously stated, Hernandez is currently injured and will be out for 7 - 8 weeks with a torn hamstring so we won't be seeing him in the team for a little while yet.

View attachment 306592View attachment 306585

So there you have it - the window has been hectic and I will be hoping that the new look Crystal Palace side can compete and finish in the top half again this season. I believe if we can avoid injuries to key players that we have an outside chance of
getting european qualification - but the Premier League is never really that straight forward!

United were keen to spend some cash there!

Some nice signings mate and still in profit!