View attachment 780599

2017-2018 Season Preview

View attachment 297294
Pre season was OK, the highlight was the 4-2 win against Barcelona who fielded a strong team. With the new players looking to prove themselves in our starting 11 we will hope to start the season well and qualify for the Champions League group stage.

View attachment 297293View attachment 297292
After a brilliant season last year where we won the Capital One Cup along with finishing 4th in the Premiership we will look to continue with the same tactics we implemented last season. Hopefully the strikers we've brought in to the squad can fill the void left by Babacar.

View attachment 297290
We have drawn Atletico Madrid in the best placed playoff for the Champions League. We start the season with an away game vs Swansea and our first home game will be vs Stoke.

Wow I wouldn't expect that much for Babacar. Great singings, never heard of this Nigerian striker from City, he looks good. Good luck with Atletico!

Enjoying this story so far :) good luck with the new season mate.

Ouch on Atletico!! Some good signings made there! I hope Iheanacho fares better for you than he did for me in my rangers save!

Great business selling Babacar for that much!

An looks like you may have already replaced him with a guy that looks capable of stepping up - that Kelechi bloke, who looks very decent.

All round some great business

It took much negotiation to get so much for Babacar... Am of the belief Kane & Iheanacho will fill the gap between them.

I am glad to of stated... Lost the first leg vs Atletico though :(

Will get to update over weekend, work is busy at the moment & am coaching a local youth team at weekends so FM time is getting less and less.

Thanks for all your support though, great to see so many of you following!!

Interesting that you've gone for Oriol Romeu, have always thought that he didn't get that good on FM.

Interesting that you've gone for Oriol Romeu, have always thought that he didn't get that good on FM.

He isn't that great, but has done a decent job. I am likely to move him on if I get to spend any potential champs league money next summer!

Glad you've stayed at Palace, some good signings in the summer. I tried to sign Iheanacho on one of my saves, he looked good but he's turned out amazing on your save. :)

Fun reading

OMG what a thread. I have used the Whole day at Work sneak reading this story. It has been so fun! Keep the good Work. and good luck in the chapions League against athletico.

I signed up to the forum a few days ago and this is the first thread (Managerial Career) I've read from start to finish. Such an amazing story. You've put some great detail into your game.

KUTGW and looking forward to reading how Palace get on in Europe.

Hello Ladies & Gentleman...

Thanks everyone for all your comments, this was my first attempt at a 'Story' after recently joining the forum and am glad that it was well received.

For a mixture of reasons I stopped playing FM, and when I came back to it recently I lost the spark I had in continuing this file. So I am afraid to say that there will be no other updates.

I am currently playing a Liverpool file (supporter) but I am not sure if there is any longevity in that as i've done it a thousand times before.

I might look to do a story in the near future with Swindon Town (Local Team) but am open to suggestions if there are any of you really want to see a particular story done.

(H)(H)(H)(H)(H)

Loved this save and story. I know the feeling though mate, I drift in and out of saves sometimes. Hope you do another soon though :)

Cheers guys... I spent about 2 hours yesterday looking at teams with the latest update and have decided on filling the vacant Newcastle position.

If you were a fan of the Crystal Palace thread I would imagine you will enjoy the Newcastle one too as I'll do it in a same vein as it's not too time consuming.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ies/293792-alan-shearer-newcastle-united.html

Thanks again for everyone who followed my first story, it was great fun. To all readers who've never done one I'd suggest doing it as it adds a new element to your gameplay.