I think this is the right time to move on and you should go to Man Utd. I know this kind of 'generous' board can be very frustrating. But remember the game may become too easy at United ;) I'd pack my suitcase and leave London.

I think u should stay at palace,it may take time to build a squad of super stars but I think u may just regret leaving.

Take the Man United job, who would want to stay at Palace anyway :p

Do whatever you will find most enjoyable mate :)

I think you should remain at Palace. You've done well with the little you have so far. Hopefully someone will come an takeover the club and provide you with the finances you need; just like in my managerial story. Keep doing what you've been doing. And by the way, it's just your 3rd year at Palace, remember??? It's a 5 year plan

I think this is the right time to move on and you should go to Man Utd. I know this kind of 'generous' board can be very frustrating. But remember the game may become too easy at United ;) I'd pack my suitcase and leave London.

I think u should stay at palace,it may take time to build a squad of super stars but I think u may just regret leaving.

Take the Man United job, who would want to stay at Palace anyway :p

Do whatever you will find most enjoyable mate :)

Cheers guys - I am still mulling it over. I have been offered the UTD job with £120 million to spend, but am yet to accept. With Markovic going back to Liverpool after his loan and having no money to spend I am not that excited about continuing with Palace. I will see how I feel next I play though.

I think you should remain at Palace. You've done well with the little you have so far. Hopefully someone will come an takeover the club and provide you with the finances you need; just like in my managerial story. Keep doing what you've been doing. And by the way, it's just your 3rd year at Palace, remember??? It's a 5 year plan

Yeah a takeover would be great - not sure how likely that is though...

Am going in to my 4th year... thanks for pointing out in giant red bold italic underlined writing that it is a 5 year plan, but I have achieved all I wanted to do in the 5 years in just 3.

I will update later in the week with what direction this goes in !!!!

Thanks everyone for following, this has been great fun doing my first ever FM story and even better that some of you have followed from the start!

Don't leave Palace for Utd. There's many players you can replace Markovic with. And think of all the money Palace will get for playing in CL. They will soon be yours to spend

I would like to see you remain at Palace, Just read through whole story and really enjoyed it!

Stay at palace, you can achieve great things in time!
Why not build you own dynasty to challenge united?
A season of champions league money and another decent finish in season 4 and you will surely get decent tb/wb. You may get some of it in jan if you can get through the group stage,
Good luck

Stay at Palace and have them rival the top sides! Leaving for United just turns the game into easy mode.

stay at Palace for at least one more season. You took them into the UCL, now reap the rewards. Dip your toes into the water in the UCL then youll know whether your tactics work for European football.

On a side note, im playing with Palace atm, and finishde 9th in my first season. The only problem ive had is our away form has been awful in the time ive spent at the club and have only won 4 games on the road in the league. Hopefully using one of your tactics will help address the problem.

I think you should go ahead and move on to bigger things, and I don't think it will be a story killer. Many paths to go with the story will you be able to handle a bigger club? Will Palace survive without you? Either way great story so far and look forward to see where this goes.

It is officially decision time - I am loading up with the decision of staying with palace or going to Man Utd.

Sorry for the delay, sometimes real life catches up with you after excessive use of FM. :)

View attachment 779171

Deacon commits future to Crystal Palace
After a week away from playing Football Manager I have decided to turn down the Man Utd job offer. I decided that now we're moving back to 39,455 capacity Selhurst Park, after a year at Stamford Bridge waiting for the work to be completed, with Champions League football to enjoy that I would be silly to leave after making such huge progress in the last 3 years.

Europes Elite come in for Babacar
View attachment 297921View attachment 297920
Since signing Babacar, he has become one of our best players. However with such tight financial constraint at the club going into the Champions League I might be tempted to cash in if I can create a bidding war between some of the richest clubs in the game.

It's really frustrating when you know you've done well with the club and the board gives you like 3 milion. Glad you stayed at Palace, good luck in the CL.