Hoping to be able to get the next update completed tonight or first thing tomorrow - starting a new job has slowed down the amount of game time available. Thanks to everyone who has been following.

Hoping to be able to get the next update completed tonight or first thing tomorrow - starting a new job has slowed down the amount of game time available. Thanks to everyone who has been following.

Simple fix, quit your job!

^^)

View attachment 764986

View attachment 303877
Fulham 0-1 Crystal Palace
Sviatchenko stepped up and got a header from a set piece when we were struggling to score from open play.

View attachment 303876
Liverpool 2-2 Crystal Palace
With Markovic not allowed to play, Savitskiy went into the starting XI and scored 2 well taken goals. It was a really close game that either side could of won, but both will be happy with the point.

View attachment 303873
Man Utd 2-1 Crystal Palace
We played so well until the last 10 minutes which was a shame as we really should of got something from this match. Our lack or squad depth is starting to show, Utd now look like winning the league.

View attachment 303872
Crystal Palace 1-1 Arsenal
Another close game, but after the disappointment of the Utd game we will be happy with a point against a strong Arsenal team. We do not look out of place in the top 4 and will be going into the Capital One Cup Final with great confidence.

View attachment 303871
Man City 1-3 Crystal Palace
Capital One Cup Final
We had been struggling in recent games but we pulled out a performance typical of our season so far. Markovic ensured we took the lead with a great shot from distance. Oviedo made it 2-0 before half time with a free kick just outside the area. At half time I was worried that Man City would come back like they did against us earlier in the season. When Aguero made it 2-1 I was really expecting the worst. However our big man up top, Khouma Babacar, pulled away from Garay and placed his shot in the bottom corner leaving Joe Hart powerless to prevent us take a 3-1 lead. We held on after that and we have become Capital One Cup Champions and guaranteed our place in the Europa League for next season.

View attachment 303866
Crystal Palace Win Capital One Cup !!
We have won the Capital One Cup in front of 90,000 supporters against Man City at Wembley. This means that when we return to the new look 39,455 Selhurst Park next season after being at Stamford Bridge for a year we will be guaranteed european football. We are sitting pretty 2nd in the League and will be looking to securing Champions League Football as a huge bonus. Rumours surrounding the future of Lazar Markovic are circulating with suggestions that if we can claim a place in the top 4 that we will have enough money to bring him in on a permanent deal. Exciting times are ahead at Crystal Palace, that's for sure!!!

League Table
View attachment 303862

MARCH FIXTURES
Reading (Away)
Burnley (Home)
​Swansea (Away)

On the game i would say what an amazing season so far and well done on winning the Capital One Cup!

On a personal note....I do not like this one bit lol

Ben Arfa doing really well for you, hopefully you can keep momentum in the league after you just played some of the harder teams

On the game i would say what an amazing season so far and well done on winning the Capital One Cup!

On a personal note....I do not like this one bit lol

Haha - I will have a look and see where Brighton are, may even arrange a pre season game just for you ;)

Ben Arfa doing really well for you, hopefully you can keep momentum in the league after you just played some of the harder teams

Yeah Ben Arfa has been immense this year. Best free signing that I have come across for a long time. Newcastle were mad to let him go!!

View attachment 767353

View attachment 302889
Reading 0-6 Crystal Palace
Fresh from our Carling Cup victory we were keen to follow up with a big win here. Markovic was on fire, he has been very impressive cutting in from the left hand side and always causes defenses problems.

View attachment 302888
Crystal Palace 3-3 Burnley
We seemed to always be chasing Burnley in this game. We were not at our best but I was pleased to see us escape with a point. Danny Ings was brilliant.

View attachment 302886
Swansea 1-2 Crystal Palace
After struggling against Burnley it was frustrating to see us leave it so late in this game. We looked destined for defeat but 2 late goals from Hernandez and Sviatchenko changed everything.

League Table
View attachment 302883

Fixtures
View attachment 302882

We have already secured Europa League Qualification and it is in our hands to get Champions League football by finishing in the top 4. I will update again at the end of April.​

Update is on it's way... Apologies for the delay gentlemen

Last edited:
View attachment 772957

View attachment 300564View attachment 300563

We go into the last game of the season knowing that a win will bring us Champions League Qualification. We have dropped in form after a tough run of games but will be hoping to beat Southampton on the last day of the season.

We have played our last game at Stamford Bridge and will be looking forward to moving back to the new look Selhurst Park after what has been a hugely successful season.

I will do a more in depth end of season review later today to make up for my lack of posts recently.

View attachment 772981

View attachment 300555View attachment 300554
Southampton 4-0 Crystal Palace
This was a very difficult result to take. It came down to who was going to take their chances. We hit the post 2/3 times and came close to scoring on many more occasions but it was Southampton who won in what was an emphatic scoreline. Southampton needed to win to have a chance of securing premiership safety and we needed to win to secure Champions League Qualification... But results elsewhere had a massive impact in who stayed up and who will be in the Champions League...

View attachment 300551
QPR held Arsenal to a 1-1 draw meaning that Crystal Palace secured a 4th spot on goal difference & West Brom drew with already relegated Sunderland to mean Southampton, despite their heroics today, are indeed relegated. It's not often that the away fans are the ones celebrating after losing 4-0!!!

View attachment 300547

Ben Arfa has been sensational this season. He has been the best signing I have made at Palace, especially when you consider that he was a free transfer.

View attachment 300546View attachment 300545View attachment 300544

Ben Arfa, Babacar & Gaston Romero have all been stand out players this season. It will be imperative that we hold on to all of our best players if we are to remain competitive next season. Champions League games will not be easy and will add massively to our fixture list. We will be hoping to get some decent money to spend to improve the squad.

View attachment 773055

View attachment 300523

I am not a happy bunny... After winning the Capital One Cup & qualifying for Champions League I have been given an initial budget of £3 million... This is no where near what I was hoping for. I am not sure if I could stay if this is what I am given...

View attachment 300520View attachment 300519

Van Gaal has retired after winning the Premiership, they have huge resources available and invited me to interview. After turning down interviews at Man City & Arsenal last summer could this be the right time to move on???

View attachment 773091

View attachment 300507

News of my interview with Man Utd seems to have reached the Crystal Palace hierarchy. I made it clear that I felt our Transfer Budget & Wage Budget were not matching my level of ambition. I want to be able to sign players to improve our first team and add depth, you just simply can't do that with £3 million.

View attachment 300506

Parish didn't share my concern, he has made his feelings clear and the ball is now back in Man Utds court.

Would it be wrong to leave Palace after 3 seasons? I am feeling really torn. I don't want to have to rely on loan signings again for a 4th season. I want to challenge for the Premiership and Champions League by building a world class team. At Man Utd I will inherit a brilliant squad and have cash to invest heavily. Will they even offer me the job?

I think this is the right time to move on and you should go to Man Utd. I know this kind of 'generous' board can be very frustrating. But remember the game may become too easy at United ;) I'd pack my suitcase and leave London.

I think u should stay at palace,it may take time to build a squad of super stars but I think u may just regret leaving.