Crystal Palace - The Eagles Fly High!

Matchday 8-10 / Capital One Cup 4th Rnd / October Review

View attachment 191769

Matchday 8

View attachment 191768

Really solid win here to grab all 3 points, was a really boring but tough game especially after our early goal, Newcastle were 19th with 0 wins going into this but i always knew it would be hard to hold them off but we managed to do just that with a couple close calls throughout the game.

----------

Matchday 9

View attachment 191767

Another really hard match, Tottenham are the only team still unbeaten in the league so i went into this one rather excited to try and recreate another Liverpool type of result but it wasn't to happen, Tottenham will be kicking themselves as they probably should of won this to be fair but they just couldn't get past in form McCarthy who saved us a point.

----------

Matchday 10

View attachment 191766

Went into this one only 1 point ahead of West Ham and they had only lost one game all season, was the first game all season i started out with a rather attacking mentality as confidence was high and we had home advantage and it paid off great smashing in 4 goals with a great performance from both Mutch and Long but then this happend....

View attachment 191765

View attachment 191762

Uh oh, two huge blows with Wickham our only striker fully fit at the moment, our lucky fortunes are running out...

----------

Capital One Cup 4th Rnd

View attachment 191744

Up against West Ham again back to back and with a much weaker team they had the upper hand the full game but we some how defy the odds again and come from a goal down with Balanta scoring his first goal for the club to grab us the winner in a dramatic end to the game. Bolasie got taken off injured also near then end...

View attachment 191741

Well.... ****!

----------

October Review

View attachment 191737
View attachment 191735
View attachment 191736

Cant complain really, only negative is the injuries which im sure we will see take effect over the next month or so but im hoping they dont effect us too much, for me a top 10 finish is great anything other than that isnt going through my mind at the moment.

----------

November Fixtures

View attachment 191734

Matchday 11-12

View attachment 191665

Matchday 11

View attachment 191666

Bournemouth were dead last going into this one and it was much tougher to brake them down, they played very defensive the whole game causing us very little problems when they went forward, very happy we managed to grab all 3 points here with Chung-Yong jumping off the bench to grab us the win and to keep the great form going. Puncheon took a knock though to add to the already massive pile of injuries.

----------

Matchday 12

View attachment 191664

Apart froma slow start we played really well and had more than enough solid chances to score 2-3 so its a little annoying we had to settle for 1 point, many positives from this one none the less although i feel our injury problem is finally taking effect on the team.

Still going strong, unfortunate with the injuries so far

Still going strong, unfortunate with the injuries so far

Yeah hopefully keep it going, shame the injuries are basically all my key players haha! but thats fm for you i guess.

Matchday 13-14 / November Review

View attachment 191489

Matchday 13

View attachment 191488

We have been pretty known this season for being in high scoring games which is good and bad and this game was no different against a Norwich team that arent very far behind us in the table and they showed why in this game, we fought back from 2-0 down to grab all 3 points which was amazing given our quality in the side and the awful start.

----------

Matchday 14

View attachment 191487

Sort of mixed emotions after this one, went 2-0 down like the last game and managed to slide our way back into the game but we just couldn't hold on. Did everything i could to hold on to the point but had a feeling no matter what i did they would somehow score and they did just that with Ledley forgetting which way he was shooting.

----------

November Review

View attachment 191482

View attachment 191481
View attachment 191480

Still going strong sitting nicely in 4th spot although only a few bad results and we could easily be in 10-11th. Also have Mutch and Long back which should give us back some much lacked depth.

----------

December Fixtures

View attachment 191479

Biggest test yet, so many games this month against so many tough opponents.

A great start to the season, long may it continue. Hopefully European football next season.

Capital One Cup Qtr Fnl / Matchday 15

View attachment 191474

Capital One Cup Qtr Fnl

View attachment 191473

Swansea won fairly easy here, put very weak side out and knew our chances of winning were very slim, we have over passed expectations in the cup so wasnt too fussed to see us lose here, just made sure the lads didnt lose much morale over it and we will move on quickly.

----------

Matchday 15

View attachment 191471

YES! delighted with this result, ourselves and Everton went into this on level points so knew to come out on top would be very tough but we win it no other way than a late goal from one of our substitutes, really nice stat to see also we have won 5 out of last 5 away games, really solid 3 points, very chuffed especially with Arsenal and Chelsea coming up.

----------

View attachment 191469
View attachment 191468

Our fine form this season has been rewarded with a 2 year extension on our contract.

Matchday 16-18

View attachment 191377

Matchday 16

View attachment 191376

Solid home performance here, have the likes of Bolasie, Long and Mutch all back fully fit so that was a huge positive with the congested fixture list this month.

----------

Matchday 17

View attachment 191375

We have a bad habit of going 1-0 down and it kicks us into action and it happend again here to grab 6 points in the last 2 games which is vital with Arsenal coming up and 2 against Chelsea in a little over a week.

----------

Matchday 18

View attachment 191374

Chelsea are actually behind us in the table and have had a rather rocky season so far but magically had a stormer today and completely destroyed us for most parts of the game, funny that. This was also our first game we failed to score in 11 of our previous matches.

Matchday 19-20 / December Review

View attachment 191335

Matchday 19

View attachment 191334

Great 3 points here since we had lost to Chelsea the game before and have Chelsea coming up again, played really well to stay in this with Arsenal proving to be very dangerous although they were 7-8th going into this match so knew with our recent form we had a good chance.

----------

Matchday 20

View attachment 191333

I hate Chelsea, that is all.

----------

December Review

View attachment 191330
View attachment 191329

Holding our own at the top, sure we can say relegation is out the window! would never of thought if be sitting 4th in my first season come January so im very chuffed!

Results so far / Fixtures remaning

View attachment 191022

Results

View attachment 191021

Thought it would be cool to show our form up until this point were we sit 4th in the League.

This is our remaining 18 games..

View attachment 191019

Some tough games still left, especially away from home. Its going to be a rather interesting second half to the season i think.

Great story so far! Unlucky with the injuries, Bolasie was doing really well for you.

Even with the injuries you are still in the top 4, fantastic!

Keep it up , hopefully see you in the champions league in the not too distant future :p

Great story so far! Unlucky with the injuries, Bolasie was doing really well for you.

Even with the injuries you are still in the top 4, fantastic!

Keep it up , hopefully see you in the champions league in the not too distant future :p

Yeah the injuries could be worse i guess so should count myself lucky!

Thats the dream haha, first season might be pushing it a little but glad your enjoying it man!

Matchday 21-22 / FA Cup 3rd Rnd

View attachment 190822

Matchday 21

View attachment 190823

Its games like this is why we are so high up the table, turning tightly contested games into 3 points rather than the 1 and today was no different, another big 3 points against a struggiling Southampton team in the relegation zone.

----------

FA Cup 3rd Rnd

View attachment 190818

Looked certain to be another hard fought 1-0, something we have seemed to perfect this season but Everton snatched a late goal to force a replay at home, would of rather lost than have to play the extra game in my current mood to be fair, meh.

----------

Matchday 22

View attachment 190821

Went out with more of an attacking approach and it worked well dominating the first half, told the lads to stay focused for the second and they did the complete opposite! luckily we saved the blushes and grabbed all 3 points before it got messy! very tight game.

FA Cup 3rd Rnd Rep / Matchday 23 / January Review

View attachment 190294

FA Cup 3rd Rnd Rep

View attachment 190292

Was more annoyed we had to replay this one so when we lost after dominating them the first time around it was tough to take, slow start cost us and all we can do now is focus on getting results in the league, hopefully now our fixtures will be a little kinder with less competitions to participate in.

----------

Matchday 23

View attachment 190290

Was itching to smash Watford here but was rather surprised with how much we struggled, we did have an amazing chance in stoppage time but we couldn't grab the winner and settled for 1 point against a Watford side very low in the table, little worried this might be the start of some real poor form...

----------

January Review

View attachment 190289
View attachment 190288

Still performing way above what i was expecting, top 6 is looking very doable if we get results this half of the season like we did the first half, Cabaye missed this whole month and it took effect in the midfield, he will be back for the next match which is really good as we need to get back to winning ways asap after a rocky end to the month. As for transfers this month nobody left or came in, tried to offload dead weight but nobody was interested and i was going to bring in some loanees and free contracts but our wage is in the red....oops!

----------

February Fixtures

View attachment 190286

Last edited:
Matchday 24-27 / February Review

View attachment 190118

Matchday 24

View attachment 190117

After a rocky end to January and some slight concerns from myself the lads wiped them all away with this very convincing win over a Stoke side that beat us earlier in the season, great boost of confidence from this game and as always its a nice feeling to win big.

----------

Matchday 25

View attachment 190116

The classic battle with 3rd vs 4th and as expected we came out 2nd best, not quite at the level of quality to give United a run for there money at Old Trafford, games like this one makes me realise just how much over performing we are doing this season.

----------

Matchday 26

View attachment 190115

After destroying Liverpool much earlier in the season and handing them there first loss that day i was very very happy to put on yet another solid home performance against one of the better teams in terms of quality in the league, very solid 3 points here.

----------

Matchday 27

View attachment 190114

Same story as the Watford game last month, Villa came out and played much better than expected and in the end we had to settle for a draw, its games like this one and Watford that we have managed to turn into 3 points rather than 1 and its probably why we find ourselves doing so well. Im not complaining though!

----------

February Review

View attachment 190111

View attachment 190110

View attachment 190109

City are starting to get breathing space at the top where as 2nd-5th are very close so its vital we stay with the pack and with many winnable games still remaining its very possible! really hoping Southampton go down to ****** some players also... still 11 to go though so anything is possible!

----------

March Fixtures

View attachment 190108

Matchday 28-31 / March Review

View attachment 189815

Matchday 28

View attachment 189814

Great reply after a few surprising draws given our recent form so this was really nice to come out and get the confidence flowing again with a huge win against 20th Newcastle.

----------

Matchday 29

View attachment 189810

YES! by far our biggest win of the season here against 2nd place Tottenham, going into this i was dreaming for a point never mind a 3-1 win, with only 8 games left it feels very strange to say we are now in 2nd place! bit of fortune really but we arent the highest scoring team in the league for nothing and we show why here taking our chances very well whereas Tottenham were throwing there chances away really, brilliant!

----------

Matchday 30

View attachment 189807

Every win we get now is just putting a big smile on my face given we are contenders for the title at the moment and we have nothing to lose really given we were predicted to finish 14th at the start of the season, none the less this is a very convincing away win.

----------

Matchday 31

View attachment 189806

No surprises here against a side fighting relegation, a rather straight forward win giving us another big points, feeling safe to say European football is looking very likely for next season!

----------

March Review

View attachment 189805
View attachment 189804
View attachment 189803

----------

Remaining Fixtures

View attachment 189802