Crystal Palace - The Eagles Fly High!

Matchday 32-33

View attachment 189688

Matchday 32

View attachment 189687

Another nice away win against 8th place Swansea, played a very solid 1st half and pretty much saw the game done at half time, or so i thought! Swansea gave us a bit of a scare throughout the second as they managed to pull 2 back but we managed to see them off and get all 3 points due to our very impressive first half.

----------

Matchday 33

View attachment 189685

Another 3 points in the bag! played more attacking here from kickoff with Norwich on rocky form and our confidence flying high it paid of well as we took control of the game very early and Norwich failed to create any real chances the whole game.

----------

Standings

View attachment 189683

What an amazing season you are having, Better than anyone could have imagined and hope you go on and secure the title!! (Brighton fan so hated saying that lol)

What an amazing season you are having, Better than anyone could have imagined and hope you go on and secure the title!! (Brighton fan so hated saying that lol)

Haha! thanks alot mate its been pretty crazy and the title would be amazing! wait until you see what happens next game lol!

Matchday 34-35

View attachment 189570

Matchday 34

View attachment 189569

YES! HAHAHAHA! what just happend!? we went from joking we could mount a late title challenge to now sitting in the driving seat with 4 games to go! the most action packed game ive saw in a long time on FM, there must of been around 8 key highlights for each team and yet again our clinical finishing and taking chances well serves us good with the biggest upset of the season!

----------

Matchday 35

View attachment 189568

Another huge sigh of relief after this one, holding onto another hard fought match which we come out of with 3 points, sound like a broken record by now but we have had so much good performances this season at times to get all 3 points rather than a draw, 3 to go!

----------

Some good news...

View attachment 189567

Some great news to qualify for European football next season, the first time ever in Palace history i believe (might be wrong)

----------

Some not so good news...

View attachment 189566

When i saw this it pretty much floored me, if this isnt changed by next season we will be in big trouble, with many players wanting to leave and we have so little depth in the team along with so much dead weight, this would be a disaster!!

----------

Standings

View attachment 189565

Matchday 36-38 / End of Season Review / Awards

View attachment 189520

Matchday 36

View attachment 189519

After me raving about our clinical finishing we shoot blanks this game, for the first time i can think all season as well! in our situation ill take the 1 point rather than 0 and it will surely add the pressure on Man City.

----------

Matchday 37

View attachment 189518

Solid home win as i was expecting, if we somehow slipped up here it would of been heartbreaking but we saw it through and put the pressure back on City.

----------

Matchday 38

View attachment 189517

Humbling defeat really but i wasn't too bothered in the end and you will see why!!!

----------

Final Standings

View attachment 189516
View attachment 189515
View attachment 189500

CHAMPIONS! if i had to of even thought we would of finished 1st after 1 season id of probably just laughed at myself, so many key points and matches i could mention as well as the fact we managed to keep injuries to a minimum throughout the season which was vital given the lack of depth and quality in the team, so many players will be offloaded in the summer as well as much needed depth will be brought in, i only hope we dont get the proposed 5m transfer budget. I've seen other players with similar level clubs here on the forums getting 40m and so for a 4th-5th place finish so my fingers are crossed i get a similar fate to them. Next season i already know will be twice as hard with European football so we will need to rotate alot more and rely on much more players than we did this season, we used the least amount of players in the whole league this season so that just shows how much depth is missing, hard work ahead..

----------

Awards

View attachment 189514

View attachment 189513

View attachment 189512

View attachment 189511

View attachment 189510

Just some bits and bobs i thought you might be interested in seeing, its pretty self explanatory.

----------

The Squad

View attachment 189509

Cant praise the team enough there is so many key players to our success and so many i never even mentioned throughout the season so i thought id list a few i feel would win my own personal awards..

My Player of the Season (1st-3rd)

1st
Yannick Bolasie

View attachment 189508

Where to start with this guy! won me over from day 1, he had 2 spells on the sidelines with 3-4 weeks injuries but when we had him fit and playing he was creating/scoring almost everything in the attacking third, we scored the most goals all season long and Bolasie played the key role in that.

2nd
Alex McCarthy

View attachment 189507

The unsung hero throughout the whole season, after Speroni got injured Pre-Season McCarthy stepped up and we never looked back, he played every single game for us ad even though we conceded a fair amount and he wasnt even close to golden glove he played a key part in so many matches making so many big saves, his stats arent the best and he really shouldn't be a number one for any premiership team but he played amazing this season on so many occasions.

3rd
Yohan Cabaye

View attachment 189505

Only fair we add a midfielder into the top 3 and Cabaye stands out here, his experience and quality stood out so much, he was like the strings to the puppet really haha! can have no complaints with his season.

Breakthrough Player of the Season

Jordan Mutch

View attachment 189502

Mutch wins this hands down, someone i knew nothing about when i started and now he is one of the best players i have to be honest! he had the highest average rating out of everyone and put in amazing performances especially the last 10 games or so when we needed it most, very consistent player and kept the midfield ticking along with Cabaye.

----------

Other Leagues

View attachment 189498

----------

If anyone has any SS ive maybe missed out or they would like to see feel free to ask as i tried to include as much as i could think given i didnt speak a whole lot about other competitions or my players form throughout the season and thanks for all the views!

Pre-Season / Transfers / Community Shield

View attachment 189377

Pre-Season

View attachment 189376

Like always for me i let the assistant take control of the games and scheduling them and he decided to do a short tour/camp of Scotland before heading back south, nothing to crazy.

----------

Transfers

View attachment 189375

Pretty successful Summer transfer period, managed to offload all the dead weight and players that are not in my future plans and we managed to add many players i personally see as great adds, so many bargain buys in there also. Probably all our transfer business is done as i dont see myself adding anymore.

----------

Community Shield

View attachment 189374
View attachment 189373

Add our first piece of silverware this season after a hard fought game against a solid Liverpool side.

----------

Rushed for time at the moment but will do a separate post of the whole squad with some SS so you can see our signings etc!

Squad Review (Goalkeepers / Defenders)

View attachment 189142

Thought before i started the season i would do a squad review type post where id just show you all the players we have in the squad and my thoughts on them as well as my plans for the future for them.

----------

Goalkeepers

Alex McCarthy

View attachment 189139

Spoke briefly of how well his first season was and he also was my personal 2nd best player of the year, he doesn't have the best potential and will be 2nd choice Goalkeeper this season but he will definitely still feature for time to time and i know i can count on him when needed.

----------

Geronimo Rulli

View attachment 189137

One of eight players we signed in the summer and Rulli was one of two we managed to ****** up on a free transfer, he wasn't interested in staying at Sociedad so we snapped him up and at 24 its really a player i couldn't try and get, his last season at Sociedad was rather poor but im hoping he can do just as good if not better than McCarhy has done and if that goes well he could be our number one for a long time.

----------

Defenders

D (RL)
Davide Santon

View attachment 189128

Santon is a player you will all probably know from his time at Newcastle, he was transfer listed for most of the first season but by the summer of this season he wasnt listed anymore but Milan still accepted the 3.5m asking price from before which was amazing given his value was 7m, he will prove great depth for us as he can easily play left and right back.

----------

D (RL)
Joel Ward

View attachment 189127

Ward is one of the unsung heroes of last season, defensively he made no errors whatsoever and had his fair few assists and threat going forward and he is super versatile being able to play both flanks so it was a no brainier to keep him on.

----------

D (RC)
Martin Kelly

View attachment 189126

Another unsung hero to be honest, Kelly had a great first season just like Ward and they both have some good years left in them so ill be hoping for more of the same this season from them both.

----------

D (LC)
Eder Alvarez Balanta

View attachment 189125

Balanta is someone pretty much every FM player will know, signed him for 3.7m in the first season and he did a great job with Dann in defence, made a few mistakes and had 1-2 slight knocks that left him on the sidelines for a short period of time, but all round hes a solid player and only 23.

----------

D (LC)
Terence Kongolo

View attachment 189122

My scouts brought me this young guy and he was very well received by the them so i decided i would sign him and for 3m its a pretty nice piece of business, he probably will feature a lot more in our cup games rather than the league or champions league just go give the likes of Dann or Balanta a break, not sure what to expect from him.

----------

D (C)
Scott Dann

View attachment 189119

In terms of form Dann was probably the best center back for longer periods of the season and managed to grab a few goals too, will probably cash out on him at some point as he is getting on a bit more than the likes of Kongolo or Balanta.

----------

D (C)
Neven Subotic

View attachment 189118

For me Subotic is one of the biggest names to arrive, he is on super low wages and only cost 3.8m so it was an absolute bargain, hes a little older but with some solid stats he has a few years left in him, hopefully he can do a great job for us!

wow, What a season you had! some nice transfers made as well!

Matchday 1-3 / Group Draw (CL) (2016/2017)

View attachment 187680

Matchday 1

View attachment 187677

Good start to the season especially after going 1-0 down, as we have done so many times last season, good to see Berahino grab his 1st goal on his debut and i expect big things from him this season as we paid big money for him and he is on massive wages!

----------

Matchday 2

View attachment 187675

Lets not ever talk about this. Ever.

----------

Matchday 3

View attachment 187673

Slightly same story as last game, showing no danger and really lacking the sharpness that saw us grab 1st place last season, Rulli made his debut here after International games and saved a penalty to win us all 3 points that we didn't even play well enough to deserve really...

----------

Group Draw

View attachment 187671

----------

Some good news

View attachment 187678

**Been super busy last 3-4 days so haven't been able to update on the forums although im about 15-20 games into the season so will do my best to get up to date asap in the next few days! and ill try get the Midfielder/Attackers squad review up too, cheers.**

Matchday 4-6 / Capital One Cup 3rd Rnd

View attachment 187161

Matchday 4

View attachment 187160

Solid home win against an always solid City team, not been playing as well this season so far, to win this one is really a great boost of confidence.

----------

Matchday 5

View attachment 187159

Just after a very positive performance against City we throw it all out the window for this game! West Ham did play very well here although given they haven't won in 8 i was really expecting to be in much more control than this, Wickham also ended his goal drought of 8 hours...

----------

Capital One Cup 3rd Rnd

View attachment 187158

Just after an under par performance against a West Ham side in poor form they come out and knock us out the cup! did make a few changes for this one and many of our new signings haven't started off very well which hasn't helped, West Ham however finally gets a win after 9 games, disappointing it came against us at home though.

----------

Matchday 6

View attachment 187157

Tough game here, shame we didnt manage to grab 1 point given we had a few late chances although with a few key injuries and some players haven't really hit the ground running it was always going to be a struggle.

**Will do the CL games in separate posts!**

CL Group Match 1-3

View attachment 1012812

Group Match 1

View attachment 187088

Not the result we wanted in out first ever game in the Champions League, Porto just proved to strong here and we failed to create very much solid chances, rather disappointing as i felt on another day we could of matched them especially at home.

----------

Group Match 2

View attachment 187087

Panathinaikos are drawn in at 4th seed for our group so to beat them was very pleasing especially away from home to give us hope to play well in the remaining games and of course this win gives us 3 points over them.

----------

Group Match 3

View attachment 187086

After losing our 1st home game i felt it was key to grab some points in our last 2 home games and we managed to get all 3 here against the team i feel is strongest in the group! was a super bore draw though but ill take all 3 points out of it! changes Berahino to Poacher starting this game and seemed to work out well enough.