Berg Kamp

Reaction score
Prologue :
Neil Warnock has been sacked by Crystal Palace Chairman Simon Jordan after an alleged bust-up over transfer funds. With the club in a dire financial state it is thought that warnock issued an ultimatum over transfer funds, This led to the club and Warnock parting ways.
Simon Jordan has been quick to name a successor and that successor is 38 year old rookie manager Alex Ryder.
Ryder stated in his first press conference that he would not be making any permanent signings but he would be looking for loans due to the clubs financial position we are in no position to look for players on a permanent basis. I am goin to do my best at the club and hope to bring the club success. I will be doing everything in my power to make sure that the club maintains its star players such as Victor Moses.

Pre-Season:
Crystal Palace 2-0 Crystal Palace Reserves
Crystal Palace 1-0 C.P Baltimore
Crystal Palace 4-0 G.H Academy
Crystal Palace 0-1 Lille
Crystal Palace 1-2 Aston Villa
Crystal Palace 0-2 Stoke
Crystal Palace 5-0 Bromley
All in all a good pre-season with some good matchs and some good warm up games for the season.

Transfers
Alex Ryder was pleased to unveil his first signing, Tottenham youngster Giovani Dos Santos has joined Palace on a season long loan. “This is a good deal for both clubs, Gio is a quality player but tottenham are a big team and he would struggle to get regular football, where as here he has a better chance and adds more quality to our squad”

Last edited:
Good Luck mate! Palace will be a great challenge! Try and get James Tomkins,Wilshire, N'Gog, on loan..... If not, some others i'd advise are Brandy from Man Utd and Dan Gosling from Everton! You won't need 2 pay anything towards there wages and help get u out the league!

Watch out when it comes to your finances, in my West Ham Utd game, Palace got to the Prem and were in Administration almost right away!

Keep Moses too, although mayeb sendin him out on loan can help him! However, i'd hold onto him and train him properly!

Can u upload screen shots? I'd like to follow this story.....

FOLLOW MY MIDDLESBROUGH FC STORY HERE.....http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/middlesbrough-fc-back-to-the-prem-t26509.html

yeh i definately hope to keep hold of the young prospects such as moses, scannell and clyne but i may not be able to.
hopefully with the right training they will turn out to be great players.
Simon Jordan has just come out to the press saying he is looking to step aside so we will see where that goes.

I always see Moses loaned out to Millwall in the first season so you might wanna try that if your interested in loaning him out :) Good luck mate.

Yeh tryed to get n'gog but he rejected me :(
also tryed to get wilshere but arsenal want a 70% wage contribution which i cant afford.
anyone know a good DM to loan?

August Round UP
Transfers
Managed to snap up Jay Emmanuel-Thomas from arsenal on a season long loan.
Crystal Palace 3-0 Plymouth
A good start to the season for us. With a convincing performance. Freddie Sears got 2 along with Paddy McCarthy
Man of the Match: Freddie Sears
Northampton 2-3 Crystal Palace (league cup)
A bit too close for my liking. Took the lead through Nathaniel clyne they then equalised Carle then put us infront. They had a man sent off, then equalised, Derry got sent walking after 2 yellows. Sean Scannell scored the winner.
Man of the Match: Sean Scannell
Bristol City 3-0 Crystal Palace
Disappointing because we didnt play that bad, we had more possession but just couldnt create the chances.
Man of the Match: Julian Speroni
Ipswich 0-1 Crystal Palace
A good win for us. We had a bit of luck but we deserved to win . Scott Scannell with the goal
Man of the Match: Sean Scannell
Crystal Palace 1-2 Newcastle
Disappointing because we should have got something out of the game. They scored, we then equalised through Ali N’Diaye. They scored again. Shaun Derry had the chance to equalise from the spot but flopped it.
Man of the Match: Victor Moses
Reading 2-0 Crystal Palace (league cup)
Not too fussed about losing this.
Man of the Match: Julian Speroni
Peterborough 3-0 Crystal Palace
Very disappointed with this. Must of got the tactics wrong. We got dominated and it wasn’t even really by a good team which is the bad thing.

Overall Month Summary
Some Tough fixtures to start of with hopefully it will improve the peterborough result was most disappointing and also the Newcastle result was disappointing as we had the chance to get something out of the game. Not a too bad start for us though.

Last edited:
Dan Gosling is a good centre midfielder! You'll definately not have to contribute anything towards his wages!

Not bad start there mate....Some tough fixtures to start off with!

1 guarantee is that Sheffield Utd's Ched Evans will win the Championship top goal scorer! Was that the case in your Blackpool game Max? Wonderin if he is effective if u sign him? Some players turn out rubbish when signed!

FOLLOW MY MIDDLESBROUGH FC STORY HERE.....http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/middlesbrough-fc-back-to-the-prem-t26509.html

on mine it said everton dont see it as beneficial to him :(

September Round up
Scunthorpe 0-1 Crystal Palace
A good win to bounce back from the shocking defeat. Stern John with the goal.
MOM: Stern John
Q.P.R 1-0 Crystal Palace
A tough game but the lads gave a good effort and i was pleased with the performance .
MOM: Julian Speroni

Crystal Palace 1-0 Derby
A good performance from Giovani was the difference between the two teams albeit with his goal being scrappy
MOM: Giovani Dos Santos

West Brom 4-1 Crystal Palace
Giovani dos Santos gave us the lead but we succumbed to the pressure disappointing but weren’t expecting to win. Maybe not by the margin though.

Crystal Palace 1-1 Sheffield Wednesday
Sheffield took the lead in the 2nd half but Scott Scannell grabbed a goal in the 92nd minute. A point gained in my eyes. Was missing important players like giovani and moses too both on international duty.
MOM: Scott Scannell.

Overall Month Summary
Not a bad month for us and we are definately in with a shout for the play-offs. Giovani Dos Santos looks to be a very good prospect for us and he has played well in most games. We could do with some strengthenin in some positions but we shall see.
Takeover News
Today on the 3rd of October Crystal Palace announced that the expected takeover of the club had collapsed after Simon Jordan and Director Stuart May failed to agree a price and talks broke down.
Where does this leave the Eagles?

Last edited:
Christophe Grondin is a pretty awesome defensive mid for a club battling for the play-offs and he would excell in the defensive mid role you use hes pretty cheap aswell.

Porokara is a handy player to have aswell gets loads of goals i use him in the AML where your playing moses from that screenshot of yours. Has high ratings for flair and dribbling hes just like the messi in the championship wouldnt break a sweat when tearing players apart.

Sorry if this is abit late:S Goodluck mate!

October Round Up

Crystal Palace 1-0 Blackpool
A good result for us. Ambrose with the goal.
MOM: Darren Ambrose

Cardiff 1-3 Crystal Palace
A fantastic result for us with Cardiff being top of the league. Gio Dos Santos scored 2 and Ali N’Diaye bagged the other.

Leicester 0-3 Crystal Palace

Another good result for us. Young midfielder Ali N’Diaye with a hatrick he looks like a good player.
MOM: Ali N’Diaye

Crystal Palace 2-3 Notts Forest
We played well and deserved something out of the game. Dos Santos and an own goal.

Preston 0-0 Crystal Palace

A good point for us.
MOM: Ali N’Diaye
Overall Month Summary
At this point we are very much in the race for the playoffs. But hopefully we get taken over by January so i can have some funds to boltster my squad and make sure i get in the play offs. Ali N'Diaye & Gio Dos Santos are the stand out players in my squad so far.

Last edited:
Not a bad start to the season mate! When January comes, look for the suggested players i mentioned earlier in the thread! N'Gog will sort out any goal scoring problems you may have in the Championship, and Gosling will be solid centre of the park! U may only get them on 3month loan deals, but you'll pick up some big big points! Also, a new better centre halp i'd recommend too!

Cheack my Middlesbrough team from when i was in the Championship and take a look at N'Gog's stats! Frightnin!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/middlesbrough-fc-back-to-the-prem-t26509.html

November Round Up
Transfers: Nemanja Matic has joined on a 3 month loan deal from Chelsea. It is believed that Alex Ryder also tryed to bring in David N’Gog but N’gog rejected the opportunity to join, Along with that Daniel Sturridge was also requested on loan but Sturridge also Rejected the opportunity, Disappointing for the eagles boss.

Crystal Palace 1-2 Middlesborough
A disappointing loss as we played well im just lacking a good striker for this division with my top scorer being Ali N’Diaye with like 5 goals. No surprise who scored N’Diaye.
MOM: Jose Fonte

Coventry 0-1 Crystal Palace
A good win considering Coventry are currently occupying 5th position. Giovani Dos Santos with the goal, a good team goal and Dos Santos with the finish.

Crystal Palace 1-1 Watford
Disappointing draw as we took the lead through Dos Santos and they had 2 men sent off. We should have won

Overall Month Summary
Disappointing month really and its obvious where the problem is and thats upfront. if we are to make the play-offs we need a good striker. Nemanja Matic seems to be a good player.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

December Round-Up

Crystal Palace 3–2 Doncaster
Ali N’Diaye with a great guy scoring from 25 yards out. Victor Moses then got his 1st goal of the season and Gio Dos Santos with the 3rd. Not the best performance defence wise.
MOM: Victor Moses

Reading 0-0 Crystal Palace
A good point for us. They were the dominant team but we defended well.
MOM: Nathan Clyne

Sheffield United 2-2Crystal Palace
A good result for us against a high flying Sheffield united team. An own goal and a goal from Scott Scannell got us the point.
MOM: Jose Fonte

Crystal Palace 2-0 Barnsley
A good performance from us. Sean Scannell and Victor Moses with the goals.

Crystal Palace 2-3 Ipswich
Victor Moses and Freddie Sears with the goals. Very error prone game we conceded 2 goals in the last 10 minutes due to errors.

Swansea 1-2 Crystal Palace
Victor Moses has finally hit form and boy when it was needed. He came up with 2 goals today well played lad.

Overall Month Summary
A decent month for us. Glad to see Victor Moses is finally finding form and it was needed definitely. We have yet to get taken over so still no funds available for January which is disappointing but hopefully we will cope and be able to keep Victor Moses.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

January Round Up

Transfers: Today Crystal Palace have announce Daniel Sturridge has signed on loan until the end of the season. Alex Ryder is known to be a long term admirer of the striker and has been pleased to get him from parent club Chelsea.

Hereford 1-2 Crystal Palace (FA CUP)
2 goals from Alan Lee gave us the win. We now have a cup tie against Liverpool in the next round.
MOM: Alan lee

Crystal Palace 3-1 Bristol City
A good win for us against another potential playoff team. Ambrose, Danns and Moses with the goals.
MOM: Darren Ambrose

Plymouth 1-0 Crystal Palace
Disappointing loss but oh well.
MOM: Clint Hill
At least next game we have Daniel Sturridge.

Liverpool 3-0 Crystal Palace
Came up against a strong Liverpool team so wasn’t expecting a result.

Newcastle 1-3 Crystal Palace
Went 1-0 down after conceding in the 1st minute, equalised through Nemanja Matic took the lead through Dos Santos and then Fonte added the 3rd. A great win for us considering Newcastle are top and it was away.
MOM: Dos Santos

Crystal Palace 5-2 Peterborough
The lads avenged the 3-0 defeat earlier in the season. Danny Sturridge got 2 goals. Moses, Clyne & Dos Santos with the others. A comfortable victory.

Overall Monthly Summary
Good month we are now in the play-offs and on the up our team is finding form.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

February Round-UP

News: Rumour has it a consortium could be launching a bid to buy-out Crystal Palace.

Scunthorpe 1-2 Crystal Palace
A good win for us. We should have won by more considering we missed a penalty. Sturridge & Dos Santos with the goals.
MOM: Daniel Sturridge

Crystal Palace 0-0 Swansea
A bore draw not many chances.

Watford 4-2 Crystal Palace
A disappointing defeat considering there near the bottom. Moses & Dos Santos with the goals.

Crystal Palace 0-2 Reading
Disappointing defeat.
MOM: Nathan Clyne

Crystal Palace 0-1 Coventry
3 defeats in a row thats a real dent to the play-off hopes.

Doncaster 0-3 Crystal Palace
Thats more like it! Moses, Dos Santos & Strurridge with the goals.
MOM: Dos Santos

Summary:

A poor month for us, weve now slipped out the play-offs hopefully this takeover business can get sorted asap.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:15 PM ----------

March Round Up

News:
In an interview with Sky Sports News Palace manager Alex Ryder was said to be in the Dark over the rumours of a consortium takeover. " I dont know about the Takeover situation, i know the rumours of a consortium making a bid for the club but i just want the situation to be sorted. My job is to manage the team and i am trying not to get involved. All i want is for the club to be stable financially."

Last edited:
id give scannel and moses plently of playing time moses scored 22 in 43 for me and scannell got 24 in 33

liking the layout good challenge have fun n good luck ill follow

i had some offers in january for moses and he wanted to discuss terms with chelsea so i offered him a new contract to keep him happy lol. Yeh Sturridge is a great signing i had him on my newcastle season and he did well but hes been hit with a few injurys resulting in him not getting to much playing time.