PALACE MAKE PLAYOFFS !

News:
Crystal Palace will play Cardiff in the playoff semifinal.
The proposed takeover of Crystal Palace has collapsed after the consortium in questions did not have suffiecient fund. Alex Ryder Palace manager has had no comment to make instead saying this. " We have a big match coming up in the playoffs instead of focusing on the financial side we need to focus on the the game coming up against Cardiff.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Crystal Palace Vs Cardiff City (Playoff semi-final first leg)

In the first leg of the play-off semi final it was a tight encounter. Both teams set out fairly defensively with Palace using there usual 4-5-1 formation which has seen them do so well this year. It was a tight first half with no real chances. Ryder at half time rallyed his troops and told them they could win this. the 2nd half saw more chances created.Cardiff had the chance to take the lead on 62 minutes when palace conceded a penalty but Michael Chopra missed the chance this proved to be costly as Palace took the lead 3 minutes later through on loan striker Daniel Sturridge they then consolidated on this and held out to take a 1-0 lead to cardiff.

Cardiff City vs Crystal Palace (Playoff semi-final second leg)

Crystal Palace took a 1-0 lead into the 2nd leg. This was canceled out 12 minutes into the game as Jose Fonte scored an own goal 12 minutes in. Palace hit back just 5 minutes later when the cardiff keeper came charging out and victor moses cooly took it past him and placed it slotted it into an open goal. it stayed like that till 54 minutes where once again a palace defender put into his own net this time clint hill cardiffs lead was short lived as 3 minutes later Danny Sturridge leveled it again. it was like that until the added on time in the 90th minute when cardiff conceded a penalty and Sturridge stepped up and converted.

Crystal Palaced are now in the playoff final against newcastle.

Congratulations, good read and looking forward to the final.

Tip, in about the second or third season, Sean Scannell is AMAZING!
Congrats on reaching the final of the playoff, will look out for it.

Crystal Palace Vs Newcastle (Playoff Final)

As the playoff final was coming fans packed into wembley for a sellout match full of expectant fans. Newcastle were favourites but Palace are no pushovers. Newcastle lined up with there usual 4-4-2 and Alex Ryder's Palace stuck with there favoured 4-5-1 formation. PSantos afteralace were without top scorer and loanee Giovani Dos Santos as he was injured in training. It was a very close match with both teams being solid. Palace got the breakthrough 39 minutes in when Darren Ambrose, an ex-newcastle player, scored an absolute screamer from outside the box. at half time Victor Moses was taken of and expierenced midfielder Nick Carle was introduced. Alex Ryder told his side not to get careless and told them to take a defensive approach. As the final whistle approached Newcastle were going all out for the win just when they thought they had scored Julian Speroni produced a magnificient save and the final whistle blew... PALACE HAVE GOT PROMOTED! The crowd roared in jubilation and the players were celebrating. Unknown manager Alex Ryder has got Crystal Palace in the Premiership in his first year.

What will happen with the boardroom at Palace now?

Congratulations, good luck next season !

Wantaway Chairman Simon Jordan has given manager Alex Ryder 12.5 million pounds in the hope of keeping the club in the premier league. There have been no rumours of anymore takeover bids but now Ryder has money who will he target?
Rumour has it the Palace boss is interested in:
Patrick Viera - The experienced midfielder could add something to the team.
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas- Was on loan at palace last year and Ryder may be tempted to launch a bid for him
Giovani Dos Santos- another loanee who really did impress last year could he make a permanant switch to selhurst park.?

Transfer update soon

Congrats mate! Ur chairman must be delighted with u for gettin Palace up into the EPL! Look at David Wheater from Middlesbrough and Billy Jones from Preston! Both are able to make the step into the Prem and perform consistanly well for me!

Any young English Palace players you'd rtecommend for my Middlesbrough squad?

FOLLOW MY MIDDLESBROUGH STORY HERE....... http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/middlesbrough-fc-back-to-the-prem-t26509/page2.html

Moses and Scannell are both good prospects along with Clyne

TRANSFERS
And there have been some developmentments at Selhurst park.

Alex Ryder has announced the signing of 4 players:

They are Adam Johnson, Gavin McCann, Jordi Gomez & Christian Nade

Adam Johnson joins from middlesborough for £3 Million Pounds
Experienced midfielder Gavin McCann joins on a free transfer after being released by bolton
Cultured Centre Mid Jordi Gomez is the new club record transfer joining from wigan for £4.5 million pounds
from wigan.
and Christian Nade Joins also on a free transfer after being released.

Rumour has it Ryder is looking to add another striker to his squad with there being rumours linking him to
Lacina Traore, Ched Evans, Nikola Zigic and a host of other names.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace

Matchday one saw premier league newboys Crystal Palace thrown in at the deep end. Alex ryder came out with a defensive line-up for this. Chelsea took the lead and it seemed like same old chelsea but 2 of the palace players didnt think that way, Wonderkid Victor Moses leveled it for palace on 60 minutes and then experienced goalkeeper Julian Speroni produced some magnificent saves to keep chelsea at bay and for the game to end 1-1

meanwhile Crystal Palace's hunt for a striker is coming to end according to reports they have had a loan bid for Franco Di Santo accepted.

im using my 4-5-1 tactic i used when i was in the championship just abit more defensive.

Simon Jordan waved goodbye to Crystal Palace as it was announced he has sold the club to Director Drew Ainsley.

On the same day Crystal Palace also announced the signing of striker Marko Arnautovic for a club record £11.5 Million pounds from FC TWENTE.

Last edited:
Its only second season but you could invest in lauri dalla valle and train him up

cool could you post a screeny of like the team instructions...erm you could try moses up front and try find a winger?

I play moses on the right win as i find him more effective with his pace. take no notice of that team was for the league cup.

Last edited:
yeh finances are fine takeover hasnt improved them though :( 12.5 mill budget 150k wage budget.

most of my signings are like pay over 48 months ;)

yeh finances are fine takeover hasnt improved them though :( 12.5 mill budget 150k wage budget.

most of my signings are like pay over 48 months ;)

thts risky especially if u get relegated coz ur balance will be dropping slowly