Cultural Leonesa: Read OP for contents and my progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys, been away all week on cricket tour, will try and get an update in this week.

Sorry guys, been away all week on cricket tour, will try and get an update in this week.

I think I speak for most of the forum here: I can't ****** wait!

I cannot wait for the next update. I love reading this story gives me ideas and things to try with my Huddersfield side.

I'll follow everyone else - Viva La Cultu!

Just started reading Jake, working my way through the pages and can't wait for the updates. Very well done indeed... who says the Stories section is ****? Blasphemy!

This is one great story. Jake did you know anything about the team before you started.

As i'm obviously guilty of not providing enough fresh content to keep the site from 'going downhill' (which has seen 'important members leave') I'll be ressurecting this game and story to keep everyones minds occupied. I'll probably only play one or two more seasons after this one, with updates coming this week. :)

Last edited:
One or two seasons is enough, really, as FM11 is soon to be released. Will you be making a hattrick of Cultural stories or is that asking a bit too much? :$ Can't wait any longer for updates, but more time equals more detail. :p

Amazing story, try to get another couple of seasons in before fm11 !

I'll be making it a hat trick of La Cultu stories Mike :)

The transfer window is about to close so I'll be writing the update this afternoon.

Pre Season Report 2015/16

Well, here we go again guys, I'm back after a lengthy break and keener than ever to take La Cultu to glory. I've realised the affection some of you hold for my humble little file (very much appreciated) and with the recent 'problems' on base seemingly stemming from members having nothing to do other than fight among themselves due to a lack of interesting threads, i feel its only right to give you something fun to read.

Firstly, heres a little trip down memory lane and quick catch up with La Cultus all time best eleven. :)

View attachment 106163

It's now La Cultus 3rd season in the top flight, and whilst we should be looking to find our feet, we find ourselves thrust into the limelight thanks to last years incredible 7th place finish. I fear that the chairman and the fans may expect a repeat or even improved performance...

Murcia, Recreativo and Racing have come up from Adelante, to be honest i no longer fear relegation (famous last words) so i havent really looked at the potential candidates to be scrapping around the bottom. I expect Racing to do well, with the other two being joined at the foot of the table by any one of Almeria, Tenerife and Sporting.
I cant see the title ending up anywhere but Real Madrid this season, they havent signed anyone, but more importantly, they havent lost anyone major either. Barcelona have lost a huge player in Yaya Toure. I see Barca and Athletico Madrid battling it our for 2nd behind Real.

As for La Cultu? Well who knows. Equalling last years amazing league finish would be a real achievement, and to be honest I'll be proud of the boys if they finish anywhere in the top half. But maybe, just maybe we can do the unthinkale and qualify for Europe, what do you guys reckon?

At least the chairman is finally starting to match my ambitions for the club, a budget i can finally use is most welcome. As expected the bookies are starting to recognise us as a genuine top flight side now, this is a double edged sword. it means i can hopefully attract better talent to the club, but Players like Ruben jimenez are now much more in the limelight, and no doubt hes on the shortlist of a number of top clubs.

View attachment 106164
View attachment 106165
View attachment 106166

Last year was a freak season, no doubt about it, i expected something like 10th place at best, not to be mixing it with the big boys for European spots. Anyway this year my squad needs another overhaul, mainly in the full back an winger positions. If you read my last update you will see that i already have Alex Hleb on board, he will add some class to either wing. I have also moved for former Barcelona CM Jonathan Dos Santos, the younger brother of Giovani, hes one for the future though. I needed a left back desperately as Rapnik is needed to bolster the CB role and Brek Shea despite being full of running isnt cut out as a full back. The only viable option who was interested was Sevilla veteran Fernando Navarro, at 33 hes a risk but i had no other deals looking anywhere near likely.

Anyway, forget that, I'll move on to the biggest coup of my La Cultu career, signing Real Madrid wonderchild Marcos Juan. remember him? The little lad who came on loan last season and added true class to the midfield, as well as my name to his favoured person list? Well i went all out and smashed La Cultus transfer record to sign him permenantly. Hes 21 and already has 72 carrer appearances under his belt (aside from 13 games in 2b1 for Castilla, all of them have been in the top flight) at an average rating of over 7, hes going to be a world beater, i can feel it.

View attachment 106171
View attachment 106172
View attachment 106173
View attachment 106174
View attachment 106175
View attachment 106176

I'm really pleased i managed to keep the squad together, only allowing the players i no longer wanted/needed to leave. ruben Jimenez is on board for another season and any improvement on his 22 goals last season will surely see him finally earn a call up to the full Spanish squad. I think this is the first time I've spent more money on transfers than I've made from sales, and we are struggling becauase of it, with the finances listed as insecure. They were already looking dodgy in the Summer when the chairman was forced to step in.

View attachment 106181

However, we have managed to secure some decnt shirt sponsorship money, look at the pitiful amount we used to get.

View attachment 106179

So as of yet i havent really made the massive tactical change i thought i would, but i have stuck by my decision to restrict Rocamoras first team action for the long term good of the team, Irigoyen especially. So this year I'll be sticking with smash and grab, heres my strongest line up on paper.

View attachment 106178

The transfer window has closed and I have just been smashed 4-1 by Sevilla at their place, a dissapointing result considering our performances against them last season. I cant see us being troubled by relegation this year, so basically our destiny is in our own hands. As long as we can cut out the silly losses against smaller sides, i have confidence in our ability to rise to the challenge against the bigger teams like we always do.

I predict we will finish 8th, but I am hoping for Europe, fingers crossed :)

Mid season update coming soon i promise.

Viva La Cultu!

Last edited:
Great little update Jake, for the first time, I will be following intently :)

Great to see this back up again, I've read it earlier but don't think I've commented.

You look a bit hard done by the budgets you're given. I've taken Port Vale along a similar route (obviously through the English leagues) and I've been given around £20m transfer and £550k wage in my 3rd Prem season. So I feel for you!

Tried a similar tactic to you (I copied the idea, but made my own) and it works well but sometimes I struggle against teams I'm expected to beat, but the underdog wins make it much more fun!

Good luck for the upcoming season!

I <3 Rocamora

I also love Rocamora, hes my favourite player on FM, ever.

Unforunately for the team to progress, he cant be considered a regular starter anymore, I'll never sell him, and he will always be club captain, maybe one day he can lift a major trophy :)

Marcos Juan is looking a beast of a player! **** hot update Jake, looking forward to the next. I love how you said you're keener than ever; it only means your updates will be better, if it's even possible.

The deep and intense interest has only brought me closer to saying 'Viva la Cultu', but don't think I'm quite there yet ;) How are Ponferradina doing btw? Not as good as your team obviously. One day, Miller, one day (A)

Ponferradina are still lurking in 2B1 unfortunately, they have taken a few players from me on loan a few times :)

Thanks for the support Mr Dale.

Status
Not open for further replies.