Cultural Leonesa: Read OP for contents and my progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlucky about the lack of funding but incredible achievement anyway :)

Great to see it back Jake. :D

I'll be an avid follower. :)

You got a takeover, are you rich now?

Nope it says at the bottom of my update that the chairman has no plans to invest in the club at the moment. My balance is a bit healthier, but my budgets are still *****.

Thanks for the love guys :D

Great to have an update again - I drew Spain in my work's sweepstakes, so a bit of Leonesa love was just what I needed :)

End of season update will hit the forum tonight, there is the potential for some MASSIVE news.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:31 PM ----------

OK sorry about that, fell asleep with 4 games to go. Update will land in about 20 minutes guys.

I was gonna start a game in the 3rd tier of the Spanish league's because of this story, but quit after like 2 friendlies, because I couldn't get into it. :(

End Of Season Review 2014/15

Liga BBVA: Finished 7th!
Spanish Cup: Knocked out in 4th round by Espanyol

OK I'm simply speechless. I expected another season of mid table obscurity at best, especially considering i had no natural LB or RW in my first team squad. However with about 10 games to go I noticed how tight the league table was, La Cultu were only a few places from the golden ticket that is European football. Surely it couldnt happen, it would be one fairytale too far right?

I have mixed emotions about the end of the season; Rocamora's merry men proved their critics wrong again, beating Real Sociedad to the 7th spot by 5 points, only to have European football stolen from them thanks to the result of the Spanish cup! Tenerife are in Europe despite finsihing 16th!
sad.gif

Im not quite sure what to say as I'm genuinely gutted, the file is still going thanks to my last minute decision not to put my foot through the laptop! I can however take some comfort in winning the most imprved club award.

View attachment 79512

The season went like every La Cultu campaign to date, huge upsets over big opposition followed by crushing defeats against boderline retards. Real Madrid beat Athletico Madrid to the title by 4 points, Barca limped home in 3rd after a stuttering campaign, which saw La Cultu ****** a draw at Camp Nou on the final day of the season.
Whipping boys Xerez were all but down in December and were officially relegated after 27 games. They secured their first win with 2 games of the season to go and ended the season with 13 points having conceded 71 goals. They were followed down by Elche and La Cultus arch enemy Valladolid.

View attachment 79509
View attachment 79510
View attachment 79511

Ruben Jimenez fired us up the table with 22 glorious goals, finishing 2nd top league scorer and top league scorer of Spanish nationality, he's starting to show signs of becoming world class now, and I'm seriously worried about holding onto him. Rocamora just keeps scoring despite his poor stats; 10 goals and 8 assists capped another pleasing campaign from the man who has been with me since day one back in Segunda 2B1. A true example of workmanship, commitment to the cause and loyalty.

View attachment 79513
View attachment 79514
View attachment 79515
View attachment 79516
View attachment 79517
View attachment 79518
View attachment 79519

My defence is makeshift to say the least, i lost Pernia to retirement and Diogo to a broken leg, meaning first chocie CB Rapnik and fledgling winger Brek Shea were drafted into the fullback roles, as a consequence we shipped nearly as many goals as we scored, finishing with a +4 goal difference. Top of my shopping list next term are some full backs.

My tactics may require an overhual next campaign as more will be expected of me, and the La Cultu's smash and grab spirit is highly unlikely to yield a 7th place finish again, i put it down to a freak season. However i am pleased with the way we play football at home, often controlling the play despite my tactics being counter attacking. My tactics often work well against stronger sides too, notable upsets include a 2-2 draw agaisnt Valencia, 1-1 with Barca and a 4-0 thrashing of Sevilla! Here is the formation i used (same as always; smash and grab!) and also my best team over the season.

View attachment 79520

I need more goals, i cant rely on my lone striker forever.

For this reason I have reluctantly decided to restrict the first team opportunites for club captain, club icon, all time top goalcorer, record appearance holder and all round La Cultu hero Alejandro Rocamora. I shall promote wonderkid Irigoyen from MC to AMC and replace him with promising youngster Matic. Rocamora will forever hold a place in the hearts of the fans (and i count myself as a fan) and will get plenty of cameo roles as a sub, especially at fortress Reino de Leon. I intend to start him in all cup games and hopefully get past the 4th round for once. The bottom line is, hes an average Adelante player at best, ive continued to play him based on all the fantastic work hes put in since the day i signed him. From finishing top scorer in the 2B1 from midfield, to almost single handedly keeping us in Adelante in our first season, to never missing a penalty, to scoring 113 goals in 257 appearnaces in a La Cultu shirt. At 28 he still has plenty to give, and i shall never sell him. No doubt a time will come when we need a quick goal with 10 minutes to go and he will always be the first man i turn to, regardless of the other talent (or lack of it) sat next to him on the bench.

The transfer window has opened again and Juventus took up the offer to buy my 3rd choice GK Colombi for 600k, which has given me a handy end of season financial boost. I'm wary of the chairman expecting a similar campaign this season with next to no input from his side. Im really hopeful of a decent budget for once, maybe 7million. I have already swooped for experienced winger Alexander Hleb on a free to boost my right wing options, theres plenty of talent on the market and i intend to be busy this summer!

Heres Ruben, hes surely too good to remain at La Cultu unless we become a genuine top flight side soon.

View attachment 79522
View attachment 79521
View attachment 79523

Sorry if this update lacks quality. Im genuinely gutted and really dont know what to say!

Viva La Cultu :'(

End Of Season Review 2014/15

Spanish Cup: Knocked out in 4th round by Espanyol

^^)

But anyway, don't worry too much as next season the league will be yours :wub:

Another fantastic update. The updates and depth you give us are well worth the time we wait for them. Oh and I'm glad the foot didn't go through the laptop :)

Can't wait to see more!

^^)

But anyway, don't worry too much as next season the league will be yours :wub:

Another fantastic update. The updates and depth you give us are well worth the time we wait for them. Oh and I'm glad the foot didn't go through the laptop :)

Can't wait to see more!

More on the way soon, excited to get my new budget :)

Oh my God, what a blow!.

Stupid Tenerife, who told them to win King's Cup?.

Ah well, a great league position for the team. While awed by your successes the main surprise for me is the quality of players you manage to get. I'm lucky to get in Burgos a player with so many 16+ stats. And when I get them, one at a time, they soon leave (Matesanz) or want to (Sánchez Moya).

Well, at least now in Adelante I can get several players with plenty of 10-15 stats and a couple 16+.

Oh my God, what a blow!.

Stupid Tenerife, who told them to win King's Cup?.

Ah well, a great league position for the team. While awed by your successes the main surprise for me is the quality of players you manage to get. I'm lucky to get in Burgos a player with so many 16+ stats. And when I get them, one at a time, they soon leave (Matesanz) or want to (Sánchez Moya).

Well, at least now in Adelante I can get several players with plenty of 10-15 stats and a couple 16+.

Its something i first noticed about the club on FM09, players seem to become attached to La Cultu very quickly, often listing the club among their favourites from the day they sign.

Also despite my chairman being tight, he rarely accepts offers on my behalf.

I also offer a new contract to my players when strong interst is expressed in their services, which seems to help.

7th! Who would've thought hey? But well, for some reason it doesnt surprise me, seen who the manager is! To be honest, don't be too disheartened at not being in the Euro. I mean no disrepect, but some of the opposition woud be too good. Better to have another season to build up the squad, and really secure the place (like 5th or something), and then at least making the first knockout round.
Bravo mate! Unbelievable =D
VIVA LA CULTU!

Just read through the 10 pages and Your Story is Inspirational ! haha i started a save with Real Sociedad who start in Liga Adelante and i had a save with them on Fm09 were i completely failed but i had fun so i decided to do them again in Fm10 now

Keep up the Good Work
Viva La Culta

Viva La Cultu! ;)

Astonishing stuff Jake.

Basically, what Mike said for me. :D

Viva La Cultu!

I wait with baited breath for the next installment in this epic.

I somehow stumbled onto this thread and have been an addict to the site ever since. I even attempted to register before realising that I had done so in December and never used since.

An absolute inspiration; I have refound the FM bug and I'm plodding through some LLM at the minute.

Great Stuff!

Viva La Cultu!

I wait with baited breath for the next installment in this epic.

I somehow stumbled onto this thread and have been an addict to the site ever since. I even attempted to register before realising that I had done so in December and never used since.

An absolute inspiration; I have refound the FM bug and I'm plodding through some LLM at the minute.

Great Stuff!

Cheers mate, thats what its all about!

Welcome to FM Base, i hope you stick around :)

:'( Base is boring without this.

:'( Base is boring without this.

I'll re-iterate this, to get the thread back to the top of the recent threads list, and hopefully to get some updates coming my way soon! Keep going Jake!

Status
Not open for further replies.