Cultural Leonesa: Read OP for contents and my progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer to James:
No. Jake will not lose any followers, because Jake is cool.
Also, how can you say a story as amazingly good as this one can "lose followers"? Jake does not have followers, he has fans. People don't like him becase he's punctual, just because we really like the way he writes. And besides, the wait just adds to the suspense, which can only be a good thing ,no?

And Jake:
I've been off FM for 4 months, and just spent an hour catching up on how la Cultu have gone from the lurky bottoms of Spanish football to one of the most prestigious leagues in the world. One word: Congratulations!

VIVA LA CULTU!

Sorry Guys!

I know you probably won't believe this but i left my account on at my mates house and he thought it would be funny to post some comments. Apolagiese. I've deleted all of his comments (i think) and can only apolagiese. Sorry

Check my sig matey. I havent played FM2010 for a while as April and May are my busiest months of the year at work, and so updates have dried up.

But i am on holiday next week so i plan to get a bit of game time in, this should ensure i catch the FM2010 addiction once more and updates will be flowing again, no doubt :)

What a great story! Well done, just read it all through.
Hope to see it back up again soon. Good Luck!

Great story mate, gives me the inspiration to start a similar save in the lower leagues of spain, but first im not going to play any new saves until i bring the champ lg to ibrox stadium, but just read through this story and it really is a cracking story mate :)

Aghhhh, this is ****, every time I see this on the recent threads list, I keep thinking theres been an update !:p Don't worry though, Jake, take your time about it.

There WILL be an update by close of business today :D

Mid Season update 2014/15:

Sooooo, its been a long time coming, eh? Well i couldnt keep you waiting any longer!

So i returned to the file some time ago and even started compiling my update, but i have scrapped it and started over, here goes :)

As expected, La Cultu are surviving with ease in this division now. We are 12th in the league on 28 points, 8 clear of danger. And with Xerez lying bottom on a sorry 4 points, we only have 2 relegation spots to worry about!
Its much the same as before in terms of results, surprise victories over big teams, coupled with shattering defeats against poorer opposition. Im pleased with the way my young backline has fared without Pernias wise old head to watch over them, Rodrigo has been excellent in goal and Vice Captain Rapnik is showing signs of becoming a real leader.

Xerez are a woeful excuse for a top flight side, scoring 9 goals in 22 games, they sit rock bottom on 4 measly points. Safe to say they are down. Betis, Elche and Sporting are the othe candidates for the drop at the moment, with Tenerife not far from being dragged into the scrap. At the top, Barcelona have surprised me, sitting 8 points clear of Real Madrid and Villareal, with massive surprise package Getafe not far behind. Athletico Madrid have struggled amd are currently 6th. La cultu even managed to get in on the act, putting the boot in with a typical smash and grab 1-0 at the Reino de Leon, take that Aguero!

View attachment 70912

Mid table obscurity looks to be looming once again, but as long as im establishing La Cultu as a top flight side, and building the clubs reputation and finances, albeit slowly, then im on my way to success.

View attachment 70892
View attachment 70893
View attachment 70896

Surprisingly, Pep Guardiolas job is seemingly up for grabs, with my name linked to the Barca job on numerous occasions, but even the Camp Nou cant tempt me away from my La Cultu mission.

Ruben Jimenez has stayed fit and fired us on our way to safety, a goal every two games is usually considered to be approaching world class :) Rocamora struggled to net early on, and i feel that maybe La Liga is too much for him. Hes already written himslef into club folklore though, so when Irigoyen takes over from him in the AMC role, there will always be a place on the bench (and the heart if every La Cultu fan) for La Cultus all time top goal scorer, i for one will enjoy a few cameo roles from the great man. He scored his first goal in November and is currently on 5, his worst mid term return yet. Alipio has 6 from 14 (mainly substitute) appearances. Irigoyen is really developing as Rocamoras more talented successor, ive got him playing the deeper CM role at the moment, to develop his all round game, but given time, he will go on to be a world beater. Juan has shown why Madrid chose to give an 19 year old a 5 year contract, hes pulled the strings nicely, and has the best tackles/game ratio in the league.

View attachment 70899
View attachment 70900
View attachment 70901
View attachment 70902

Tactics, you know the score, its smash and grab until i have the finance to secure a more talented squad.

View attachment 70903

I made one move in this window, Hugo Viana was secured on loan as an alternative CM or LM.

View attachment 70904
View attachment 70905

Oh, one more thing of note, i had a board takeover.

View attachment 70919

My chairman stepped aside to allow one of the directors to take charge. Heres my first message from my new boss:

''Ruben Cervera has announced that there are no plans in place for investment into the club at this stage.''

******* brilliant, back to square one.

Oh well, it could be worse, at least i'm not battling relegation. Onwards and upwards for Rocamora and his valiant band of heroes!

Viva La Cultu!

Apologies for the poorness/shortness of this update, but ive caught the FM bug again and the end of season debrief shouldnt be long!

Last edited:
Looking good mate, your doing pretty good to be reasonably safe from relegation :D

Great man. Nice to see that the bug have catched you again. Keep it up, for as loooong as possible :D

just started reading and have to say am really enjoying it ::D its not often you see a low spanish team being taken up the divisions!

Wooot!. The fun is back.

Pity that Cervera not investing *shakes fist*.

Oh well, hopefully you'll have enough to keep improving the squad in coming seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.