Cultural Leonesa: Read OP for contents and my progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooot! Great results.

I look forward for more Rocamora and Lemon stories.

And a new promotion, hopefully soon!.

I'm curious to see the stats of the second goalie you didn't give time in favour of the U19. Could we see him, please?
View attachment 25864

there you go, his contract was up so ive just released him. his handling stat, combined with a lack of regular acton meant it was an easy decision to choose my u19 keeper.

Great read mate, it will be very hard to stay in Liga Adelante, I wonder if Mariano Pernia will available?

Hopefully you can make some solid signings to consolidate.

Pernia was available at the start of the game for 400k. but he was out for 6 months and wasnt interested anyway. he was snapped up by villareal in january, ive got a less favourable, but still highly capable alternative lined up; sylvinho... dodo has also just joined on loan from corinthians for our first season in liga adelante

Great story man

super stuff keep it up

il be following

thanks mate, fresh updates soon

Thanks man.

Yes, I would have made the same choice, despite his advantage in one on ones, which I tend to look for behind reflexes. Not worth that disadvantage in handling and the lack of match practice.

Heh, my promotion has pitted my Burgos in Cultural's group. I look forward for the match, it will be special. Pity the AI doesn't have Rocamora (well, it would be too much luck they had him in my game).

Thanks man.

Yes, I would have made the same choice, despite his advantage in one on ones, which I tend to look for behind reflexes. Not worth that disadvantage in handling and the lack of match practice.

Heh, my promotion has pitted my Burgos in Cultural's group. I look forward for the match, it will be special. Pity the AI doesn't have Rocamora (well, it would be too much luck they had him in my game).

lol ive been reading your story death ball, and as much as it may hurt me as a now lifelong cultural fan, i hope you beat them.

if im reading it right, and i hope i am, did you start your game in the spanish tercera division?? if so, how did you do that? the lowest playable league on my game is 2B. did you custom design the database or find it on fm base/another fm site? isnt it something like 18 regional groups?

if its a custom database i would be very grateful if you uploaded it to fm base. if you found it online somewhere then please link me, id love to start a game in the tercera group 8, castile and leon! or maybe tercera group 13 murcia, with mazzaron, rocamoras current club!

how do you do that link thing with your sig, for example how do you get it so when you click here you get a link to the story, without having to post the thread link

how do you do that link thing with your sig, for example how do you get it so when you click here you get a link to the story, without having to post the thread link

pm'ed you with instructions

lol ive been reading your story death ball, and as much as it may hurt me as a now lifelong cultural fan, i hope you beat them.

if im reading it right, and i hope i am, did you start your game in the spanish tercera division?? if so, how did you do that? the lowest playable league on my game is 2B. did you custom design the database or find it on fm base/another fm site? isnt it something like 18 regional groups?

if its a custom database i would be very grateful if you uploaded it to fm base. if you found it online somewhere then please link me, id love to start a game in the tercera group 8, castile and leon! or maybe tercera group 13 murcia, with mazzaron, rocamoras current club!

Oooooh, very nice :D.

Yep. Tercera is implemented in the game, I activated it and merely had to set the promotion and relegation manually by editing the xml with notepad (the editor doesn't allow numbers higher than 60 and it's 72 teams that have to go down and to promotion playoffs).

Then with the nearly 500 spanish teams left I made a 18 group Regional Preferente, below Tercera and below Preferente, Regionales Inferiores which I split in six groups. Not exactly how things are in real life because that would mean creating a lot more of teams which I had no time to do soon, so I had to settle with an approach with what was in the database. In reality, There are like 24 groups for Preferente, some regions having two groups. Then no less than 18 groups in Inferiores and there's still two steps below that.

It's Spanish Complete. You can download it here.

I may update if I find somewhere that lists rules and info in a comprehensive way so I might correct some possible errors: I don't really know if Tercera and below have not the 22 player limit. The only rule I could find is only spaniards allowed.

EDIT: I've looked and the second level of regionales have a huge lot of groups: 63., the next has 75, the next 63 again and the last has 35. see here

EDIT2: Rocamora has been bought by Jumilla, in their same Tercera división, the 13. Where currently Jumilla are seventh five points behind promotion playoffs and Mazarrón sixteenth three points ahead of relegation.

Last edited:
death ball, you sir are a legend! this is lower league management in spain beyond my wildest dreams!

such a great custom db, thanks so so much.

pre season update will be posted tommorow

lemon the legend!!!

followed your story on '09

go one better this time around mate! good luck :D

I've got Dodo on loan in my game too, solid performer, here's how he's performed so far for me, not that good at tackling for a full back if you ask me but I can live with that.

yeah im hoping to get an experienced left back in to tutor him, then hopefully snap him up in january on the cheap.

my preferred left back to tutor him would be mariano pernia, but a more realistic option is sylvinho, who btw has the gayest picture ive ever seen on fm. im using the 50000+ player facepack

View attachment 26110

hes on trial atm, not a done deal as many clubs are after him

Last edited:
As a note, I've finally found a document with rules, so I will update the database with the rigth rules, the errors are:

- Tercera does allow non spanish citizens, contrary to the page I found stating otherwise.

- It also has a 22 player limit and a minimum of six U23 players.

- A rule stating no more than six players in match coming from feeders, I don't know if can be added with the editor.

- Also seems most Tercera groups only have three relegation places, not four. Castilla y León has four and I think it's Comunidad Valenciana e Islas Baleares that has five, but the other sixteen have only 3.

So, yeah, in the coming days I'll be updating with the right rules.

I'll tell you when.

For the rest, look at the edit subforums.

(EDIT: It's almost done, in a few hours I'll be testing it doesn't make anything weird before uploading)

Last edited:
ok mate, i'll wait for the update before trying to take rocamora to tercera glory lol!

its the promotion i find msot complicated, i still dont properly understand 2B's promotion playoff system!

SEASON TWO

Pre Season:

Ok so Liga Adelante was definitely going to be a challenge, i was worried by the strong squads of comparitive giants of Spanish football such as: Osasuna, Levante, Malaga, Xerez, Betis, Gimnastic and Real Madrid Castilla.

The board requested that i fought bravely against relegation, offering 700k and a 40k wage limit. I knew i could keep this team up, provided i acquired the right players, i opted for the relatively safe option of mid table obscurity and the board gave me 1.3million and 47k for wages.
View attachment 26644

The media however had no faith whatsoever, and even though it was plainly obvious (in my eyes anyway) that i had a better squad than the likes of Poli Ejido and Cartagena, i was tipped by the bookies to finish rock bottom with absolutely no hope of survival. Elche were tipped to win the league, followed by Osasuna, Betis and Levante.

I needed improvements in nearly every area of the squad. I was happy with my centre backs and of course Rocamora in his free roaming trequarista role. However, i wanted ideally to improve both full backs, both wingers and i was hoping to bring an experienced striker in, in case the lemon continued to flop and Angel sufferred a long term injury. Early season links to players like Louis Saha, Julio Cruz and Filippo Inzaghi ultimatley ended in rejection. However i was close to signing Fat Ronaldo when he retired on me....

I soon realised i had to lower my targets, Mariano Pernia turned me down, closely followed by Dida, Martin Palermo and Asier Del Horno. Even my first love; Javier Saviola snubbed all interest. Heck even Nwankwo Kanu didnt fancy a kickabout at the Reino Del Leon!!!!!

I picked up ten players in all, and all have either added depth to, or vastly improved my squad. Fernando Morientes is my biggest signing so far, his pace (or lack of it) might be an issue, but ive got Angel to come off the bench and add some speed if needed. Young left back Dodo has re-joined on loan after arriving for the final day of last season and ending his 'season long loan' that evening! Sylvinho will tutor the talented youngster and cover when hes injured.
The only money ive spent was 500k on 17 year old Ruben Jiminez, a regen from Lanzarote. He looks like he could be a top player, especially under the tutelage of Morientes. I hope to get promoted within 3 seasons, however if im still languishing in Liga Adelante in 2013 then he will probably be too big for the club. At least i will be able to sell him on for a tidy profit. There are various loans from top clubs to add to my squad, but unless they become permenant acquisitions then im not getting too excited about them. Although Nemanja Matic looks a top player already. Former Liverpool and Real Madrid stopper Jerzey Dudek has also arrived and will compete with Cavallero for the number 1 jersey.
View attachment 26646
View attachment 26649
View attachment 26651
View attachment 26650
View attachment 26652

My total ins and outs can be seen here. Pretty proud that ive assembled what i feel is a competitive squad at this level and havent spent any of the funds offered. Dis-count the 500k on Jiminez as hes one for the future.
View attachment 26645

My tactics remain largley the same, although ive allowed Matic more creativity in his defensive midfield role, ive also allowed more attacking freedom to my full backs as Dodo is certainly better going forward, and experienced custodian Cosmin Contra can still get up and down the flank. In the final third its Rocamora as a Trequerista from attacking midfield, offering support to lone front man Morientes, who should add some of the much needed "Bolton Wanderers effect" to the team, thanks to his ability in the air.
View attachment 26657

Pre season was up and down, a hiding from Barcelona was balanced out by pleasing wins agaisnts Castilla and Castellon. Parent club Getafe also gave us a taste of what to expect should we make it to Liga BBVA anytime soon, a last minute goal from Soldado after a goalmouth scramble gave them an undeserved victory.

I write this just as the transfer window has closed, and im top of the league after dishing out a thorough hiding to fellow new boys Poli Ejido. Typical of Rocamora to score our first goal in Liga Adelante, and also very typical of the way this guy is performing that he went on to get a hat-trick! Ive also just knocked the Liga Adelante favourites Elche out of the spanish cup after 2 more goals from Rocamora!
View attachment 26658
View attachment 26659

I'm hoping to maybe be in with a hope of gaining promotion this year, but as long as i stay in the division for next season then i'll be happy enough.

Mid season update to follow soon

Some good signings there like Macheda and Matic. Should do a good job for you

yeah macheda is good, im hesitant to play him regularly though as ive got no chance of signing him permenantly. However Matic is listed for 4million, so hopefully i can pick him up cheaply around this time next year

Last edited:
Wow, top, how do you do it mate? Really enjoying this story and good luck for the second half of the season. :D

Wow your doing really well, tried to get Matic myself in second season for Rimini but he wasn't interested in joining a club of my rep despite being in the Serie B!

:)

Great story mate !

Just wondering how you picked your team?

I would love to one of these but only follow Man United so do only pick them.

Wow, top, how do you do it mate? Really enjoying this story and good luck for the second half of the season. :D

well i think at this level if youve got a strong area in your team then you relly need to emphasise it. Rocamora is a free roaming creative player, so i gave him ultimate freedom and didnt crowd his space with too many supporting players, allowing him to flourish. My biggest asset was/is my defence, so i adopted a defensive tactic to absorb lots of pressure, tiring the opposition out, then hitting them with rocamora on the break.

Wow your doing really well, tried to get Matic myself in second season for Rimini but he wasn't interested in joining a club of my rep despite being in the Serie B!

i didnt think he would be interested, but hes unsettled at chelsea and on the transfer list so that probably helped!

Great story mate !

Just wondering how you picked your team?

I would love to one of these but only follow Man United so do only pick them.

on my very first post in this story, i mentioned that i did a story with the same team last year, well that story was insired by another spanish lower league story on fm 09 posted by a user called ronio i think. he took cultural leonesa to the dizzy heights of champions league finals!
i would say if you are looking at spain at least, then pick somehwere you identify with, ie maybe you went on holiday to lanzarote or benidorm etc. Or maybe you could go back in time to take the former clubs of man united heroes to the top. ie try to make ole solksjaers old club molde as success in continental competition

Status
Not open for further replies.